• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Production division and the Vortex Razor HD Gen II

Anointed1

It's the pills I swear
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2021
    Pacific Northwest
    So here's my question. I want to buy a Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27X56 scope with the EBR-7C reticle to be used with an MPA BA PMR Pro I ordered. I'm wanting to get involved with PRS in the production division initially which of course has a limit on cost for the rifle and optic. Both of those now being raised to $2,500.00 dollars. The rule book states "The optic shall not exceed $2,500.00 USD as listed on the company's website." When you go to the Vortex website it states the MSRP of the scope as $2,899.99 which then would disqualify it for the production division, but last year this same scope as far as I can tell was listed on the company website as "from $2,499.99. Here's a picture of last year's website listing I found on a different thread.

1593839602706.png

So a few questions, one, why would the MSRP of the Razor Gen 2 go up instead of down over time ? I've read a bunch of threads from last year and the year before here on the Hide where many anticipated the price to drop from 2500 once the Gen 3 stuff came out. It appears the opposite happened, this is the same scope right ? But more importantly for what I'm wanting to do, since this WAS once listed at under 2500, if I bought one now would I not be safe as far as not being disqualified for using it in the production class ? Who's to say I didn't buy it last year when it was listed at the lower price. Or better yet, what if I bought a used one from a member in the PX who did purchase it last year when the scope was listed on the company's website at an amount that now wouldn't disqualify. I hope I'm asking this question the right way, I seriously want this scope to be the first one I buy and use when I take the plunge into PRS. I know a lot of you say just skip Production and go to Open, but I just wanted the experience of it all even if it's brief. Everything I've bought or plan to buy in preparation for pursuing PRS has been with a set of criteria in mind. One, that most everything can be used for hunting as well, and two, that those items would be the same ones I would want and buy even if I started in open class instead of production. In other words, I feel this rifle and scope combination will carry me a very long way before I would feel the need to upgrade. This is about the only scope I feel fits that bill, all the others on my short list that qualify makes me feel like I would want to upgrade them soon after leaving production. Not sure why I feel that way, and I might be full of crap once I have used one and ended up liking it a lot. I don't know, I just know every time I read the threads that mention and show a ZCO and see your guys rigs with them on them I start drooling fairly heavily lol. So what's the answer on the Vortex scope, you guys think I can get by using it within the rules ? I've assembled a list of other scopes based on advice from you guys but the Vortex is the one I really want. The others are...

Athlon Chronus BTR gen 2 4.5-29X56

Bushnell Elite Tactical XRS 2 4.5-30X50

Tract Toric ELR 4.5-30X56

Burris XTR 3 5.5-30X56

Leupold MK5 HD

Minox LR 5-25X56

Another quick question, I signed up for and got the military discount with Bushnell and have been waiting for the LMSS2 to come back in stock, the discount is very nice on the Bushnell website, but when I look at the XRS scope on their website it appears a discount in not applied, is the military discount on Bushnell items only on certain things ? I would have looked harder at their scope if the Vortex doesn't work out but not getting a discount would probably change that. Sorry for the long read and thanks a great deal for helping me figure this out !!

haven't re-read the prs rules but i'd say it's the listed retail price in effect when you buy the scope.

Yeah see I'm not sure how to look at it...so like right now its msrp is over 2500 so if i just bought a new one i totally agree....but then what if joe blow bought one last year when its listed msrp was under 2500...could he not use that one in production and be ok under the current rules ?...and if the answer to that is yes...wouldn't i be ok if i bought that same scope from joe and used it in production myself....to me it seems like it should be grandfathered in....looking at it from a diffefent angle...say I'm using the MPA BA Pro in production division right now which has an msrp of 2499.99....then mid summer MPA raises the msrp for them to 2700...would i not be able to use it anymore because the current listed msrp is above the cap in the rules ?...that just doesnt seem right /shrug

Reactions: Stoweit
    See thats something else i dont have insight into and thats the open division and what the rifle and scope set-ups look like in that division. I can tell you as someone who has zero experience with any of it and has only the mental pictures I've painted from what I've read....I expected that division to have like 15k plus type rifle and scope combos totally tricked out and full on customs simply because there's no limit on what can be spent...i figured it just functioned the way it was designed to and unless or until i was able to spend that kind of money to compete i belonged in the production division /shrug.

I know you said you're in tactical, and a friend of mine who I'm trying to talk into doing this stuff with me, he would be in tactical heavy i think based on what I've read because he would be using a 7.62 he built. I'm different because i dont have any rifle that would work which is why i ordered one. I dont think a sig rattler would work so good =) Then of course i read enough to realize if i ordered one, one that would still qualify for the production division...that MPA would be hard to beat, and seriously loving how it looks as well I was sold. I was hoping he could spot for me and I for him, but he's an army vet that has more guns than i got silverware so he might be getting the short end of the stick we'll see lol.

2.3.1 Production Division rifles shall not exceed $2,500 USD as listed on the company’s website. The optic shall not exceed $2,500 USD as listed on the company’s website.
    • Discontinued rifle models that met the above published price limits, before being discontinued, will be allowed continued use in the Production division.
    • Rifle models purchased that met the above criteria at the time of purchase, but have undergone a subsequent price increase on the manufacturer’s website, will be allowed continued use in the Production division. In this case, PRS competitors must submit documentation of the date of purchase to the PRS.

it doesn't have the same language for optics but i'd say the same rule applies (msrp on your date of purchase). also if you buy a scope from someone, i'd say the msrp on the date of seller's original purchase would apply. following the same logic, if you bought a scope last year when msrp was $3k, and they lowered it now to $2.4k, that scope wouldn't be allowed in Production div. but i'd just email PRS and ask for a clarification just to be safe.

Hey now you're talking, i should have just kept reading the rules and I would have read that...my bad =/ Even though it's about rifles I agree...you would think the same rule applies. Thanks for posting that davsco, now when I ask the PRS about it I'll have something to reference thats even stated in the rulebook 👍

That's actually exciting because that means there is a path to buy and use that scope...i just got to do some legwork with documentation and finding a used one from a certain time period. I don't know the history of that scope but I'll bet the right one will probably have the earlier EBR-2C reticle and the price increase was at the same time as the reticle change maybe...just a guess.

Stop worrying about the divisions and just get the scope you want and go shoot. Your going to suck anyways so it doesn't matter that your in a "fair" division. What matters is that you get good gear, which you seem to have, and get out and shoot local matches.

Reactions: Matagorda308
    So here's my question. I want to buy a Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27X56 scope with the EBR-7C reticle to be used with an MPA BA PMR Pro I ordered. I'm wanting to get involved with PRS in the production division initially which of course has a limit on cost for the rifle and optic. Both of those now being raised to $2,500.00 dollars. The rule book states "The optic shall not exceed $2,500.00 USD as listed on the company's website." When you go to the Vortex website it states the MSRP of the scope as $2,899.99 which then would disqualify it for the production division, but last year this same scope as far as I can tell was listed on the company website as "from $2,499.99. Here's a picture of last year's website listing I found on a different thread.

View attachment 7603867
    So a few questions, one, why would the MSRP of the Razor Gen 2 go up instead of down over time ? I've read a bunch of threads from last year and the year before here on the Hide where many anticipated the price to drop from 2500 once the Gen 3 stuff came out. It appears the opposite happened, this is the same scope right ? But more importantly for what I'm wanting to do, since this WAS once listed at under 2500, if I bought one now would I not be safe as far as not being disqualified for using it in the production class ? Who's to say I didn't buy it last year when it was listed at the lower price. Or better yet, what if I bought a used one from a member in the PX who did purchase it last year when the scope was listed on the company's website at an amount that now wouldn't disqualify. I hope I'm asking this question the right way, I seriously want this scope to be the first one I buy and use when I take the plunge into PRS. I know a lot of you say just skip Production and go to Open, but I just wanted the experience of it all even if it's brief. Everything I've bought or plan to buy in preparation for pursuing PRS has been with a set of criteria in mind. One, that most everything can be used for hunting as well, and two, that those items would be the same ones I would want and buy even if I started in open class instead of production. In other words, I feel this rifle and scope combination will carry me a very long way before I would feel the need to upgrade. This is about the only scope I feel fits that bill, all the others on my short list that qualify makes me feel like I would want to upgrade them soon after leaving production. Not sure why I feel that way, and I might be full of crap once I have used one and ended up liking it a lot. I don't know, I just know every time I read the threads that mention and show a ZCO and see your guys rigs with them on them I start drooling fairly heavily lol. So what's the answer on the Vortex scope, you guys think I can get by using it within the rules ? I've assembled a list of other scopes based on advice from you guys but the Vortex is the one I really want. The others are...

Athlon Chronus BTR gen 2 4.5-29X56

Bushnell Elite Tactical XRS 2 4.5-30X50

Tract Toric ELR 4.5-30X56

Burris XTR 3 5.5-30X56

Leupold MK5 HD

Minox LR 5-25X56

Another quick question, I signed up for and got the military discount with Bushnell and have been waiting for the LMSS2 to come back in stock, the discount is very nice on the Bushnell website, but when I look at the XRS scope on their website it appears a discount in not applied, is the military discount on Bushnell items only on certain things ? I would have looked harder at their scope if the Vortex doesn't work out but not getting a discount would probably change that. Sorry for the long read and thanks a great deal for helping me figure this out !!
    MIL discount on the XRS and other ET are not showing as they're out of stock and production. When the new ET stuff comes out, you'll be getting a healthy discount on those if you're in the VIP program like you are.

That said - I can't give away dates/configs/new ET product details at all yet. I will say if you can wait on the optic that it'll be worth the wait.

Your going to suck anyways so it doesn't matter that your in a "fair" division.
    Haha...well there's a ton of truth in that one...hopefully not forever but I'm certain for quite awhile. Yeah your echoing what I've read more than a few times and I totally get the "get out and shoot part"...I plan on just going to a few events to see with my own eyes what actually goes down...right now everything is just a mental picture I've created from reading stuff but you guys have the knowledge and experience and believe me...I'm listening 👍

MIL discount on the XRS and other ET are not showing as they're out of stock and production. When the new ET stuff comes out, you'll be getting a healthy discount on those if you're in the VIP program like you are.

That said - I can't give away dates/configs/new ET product details at all yet. I will say if you can wait on the optic that it'll be worth the wait.
    Damn now that's exciting too lol...well I was really leaning hard on getting a LMSS2...I emailed Bushnell a week ago or so about availability and they said around 12 weeks so I knew I was waiting at least that long.

The pricing on the web site says "from" meaning the 3-18 is the 2499.99. They now list them separately on their site.

The pricing on the web site says "from" meaning the 3-18 is the 2499.99. They now list them separately on their site.
    Looking at the Vortex site, the full size start at 2500 MSRP and wouldn't be eligible for Production, unless there's been yet another rule change that I'm not aware of- and the smaller one is short-medium range...View attachment 7366098
    BAH...I see what you're saying...this was the original thread I was referring too....when they said "the full size start at 2500 MSRP" I thought the full size meant the 4.5-27X56 Razor...so what your saying is that particular scope never did list on Vortex's site for under 2500 ?....if that's the case that sucks =/ I guess I should just email Vortex and ask them...looking at it that way now though my gut tells me your probably right...dam....every other decision has been fairly easy to decide except the scope....well except the rangefinder and environmentals path but I pretty much decided on a Vortex Fury 5000 AB to just cover everything for now. The only drawback to that was I have a Steiner HX 15X56 coming to replace a 12x42 C5 predator I used while bowhunting that broke under warranty. Two binoculars aren't really needed but it is what it is.

Is there vendor support from Vortex here on the Hide ? I know I think I read Liberty optics is where to go for purchasing but I was just wondering if there was vendor support as they could find out about the MSRP history fairly easily.

On the LMSS II the Tremor4 is in stock now. The H322 will be late May at best is what I'm seeing.
    Yeah the H322 was the one that I wanted...the Tremor is crazy busy to me and to be honest after watching some videos on its use I'm not ashamed to say I'm too dumb for that reticle lol =/...but hey late May is sooner than I was expecting so....now I just got to read between the lines on your previous comment on upcomming goodies to know if I should still wait once it's available 😁

Speaking as a 60-something guy in his 4th full season of competition, I'd advise you to forget about the production/open distinction, buy the gear you want, and go shoot. The line between "production" and "open" is, for all intents and purposes, meaningless - especially when it comes to awards at the matches I've attended, and the match winners are most likely going to win regardless of whether their gear meets "production" criteria.

At present, I'm shooting a rifle and optic whose total "retail" price - that is, total of prices shown on vendors' web sites - is over quadruple what I spent for my first rig (which would have qualified for "production" class). Is the current rifle/optic meaningfully more accurate than that first factory rig? No - not "meaningfully," as the difference between 0.5" groups and 0.35" groups fired off a solid bench at a 100-yard target is not "meaningful" for PRS. I didn't build the current rifle thinking it would help me win. It won't. But it is a pleasure to own and use in matches or just to plink at that white plate 1,760 yards away.

Bottom line is gear at any price is not going to help you win as a beginner, no matter what class. That takes experience. Buy what you want and enjoy it. You'll change your mind along the way anyway.

Speaking as a 60-something guy in his 4th full season of competition, I'd advise you to forget about the production/open distinction, buy the gear you want, and go shoot.

But it is a pleasure to own and use in matches or just to plink at that white plate 1,760 yards away.

Buy what you want and enjoy it. You'll change your mind along the way anyway.
    See I probably need to just take that advice and run with it, the part about production and open divisions. I've read it in other posts more than a few times and I think I've also read there's a lot more people in open than production. I just figured I would get the hang of it with other new people in production before moving on to the open division, and certainly not wanting to frustrate guys that are good at this by me doing stupid stuff in a division I don't really belong it yet. But again I have no clue what happens in any of them.

That second thing is exactly what I'm looking for. I enjoy high quality stuff no matter what it is and all I'm really looking for is to own some and have fun with it. I have no illusions of winning anything lol. That doesn't mean I'm not competitive and I certainly enjoy competing especially among friends...but I don't mind getting my butt kicked by those that are better than me in anything...I just want to learn a thing or two from them =)

See from what I've already read here on the Hide, if there's nothing holding me back like a production class limit on expense...my gaze is going to all too easily become affixed on a ZCO scope until I mentally justify the cost and then crap...I wonder if the wife is going to notice the sudden drop in our checking account LOL /sigh....there's so many other things to buy that if buy nothing but the really good stuff I'm going to have to pace this out a little bit. See it's already started...when I think about that MPA rifle I ordered with a ZCO 527 sitting on it my head goes dam...that's nice =) Even though it's far beyond my skill level by miles doesn't mean I can't enjoy it's quality and treat it like my "precious" lol.

[I don't want to...] frustrate guys that are good at this by me doing stupid stuff in a division I don't really belong it yet. But again I have no clue what happens in any of them.
    It doesn't work that way (frustrate guys that are good at this). Just tell the match director when you sign up that you're new, and tell the RO at each stage that you're new. You'll find people will be very helpful. First and foremost, though, is safety. Don't sweep people, especially coming off a stage. Muzzle at the sky or at the dirt when your hands are on the rifle. Be ready to shoot when it's your turn. It's frustrating to the ROs and other participants when a shooter is up and the RO is looking around and the guy is running his mouth or dicking around and not paying attention.

Accept that you will make mistakes. My mantra has always been that hearing protection serves to keep my brains from spraying out my ears when the timer beeps.

The rest will fall into place as you go.

if there's nothing holding me back like a production class limit on expense...my gaze is going to all too easily become affixed on a ZCO scope until I mentally justify the cost
    You're talking about an MPA rifle. Great choice. You're talking about a Vortex Razor 4.5-27x56 scope. It's the Toyota Camry of optics - it just works. Put it in Vortex PMR rings - great reliability at a midrange price. Put an Atlas or modified Harris bipod on the rifle and get a good rear bag like a GameChanger and you're good to go. The only reason you would "need" to upgrade anything on that rig is that you want to try something else.

Yeah, I have a ZCO scope. But I also have two Razors and a Viper PST. With the Razor, you get most of the ZCO's goodness at half the cost. The ZCO's primary advantage (optical detail) becomes most apparent in poor lighting conditions at extended ranges (over 800-900 yards) - but as a beginner you'd do FAR better to spend that extra $1800 on ammo, a class or two, and the other gear you'll need (bipod, a good rear bag at the top of the list). Sure, if you have an unlimited budget, buy the ZCO and stick it and a Ckye-Pod on an Accuracy International rifle and be done, right out of the gate. But chances are you'll still want to try different things as you gain experience.

It doesn't work that way (frustrate guys that are good at this). Just tell the match director when you sign up that you're new, and tell the RO at each stage that you're new. You'll find people will be very helpful. First and foremost, though, is safety. Don't sweep people, especially coming off a stage. Muzzle at the sky or at the dirt when your hands are on the rifle. Be ready to shoot when it's your turn. It's frustrating to the ROs and other participants when a shooter is up and the RO is looking around and the guy is running his mouth or dicking around and not paying attention.

Accept that you will make mistakes. My mantra has always been that hearing protection serves to keep my brains from spraying out my ears when the timer beeps.

The rest will fall into place as you go.

You're talking about an MPA rifle. Great choice. You're talking about a Vortex Razor 4.5-27x56 scope. It's the Toyota Camry of optics - it just works. Put it in Vortex PMR rings - great reliability at a midrange price. Put an Atlas or modified Harris bipod on the rifle and get a good rear bag like a GameChanger and you're good to go. The only reason you would "need" to upgrade anything on that rig is that you want to try something else.

Yeah, I have a ZCO scope. But I also have two Razors and a Viper PST. With the Razor, you get most of the ZCO's goodness at half the cost. The ZCO's primary advantage (optical detail) becomes most apparent in poor lighting conditions at extended ranges (over 800-900 yards) - but as a beginner you'd do FAR better to spend that extra $1800 on ammo, a class or two, and the other gear you'll need (bipod, a good rear bag at the top of the list). Sure, if you have an unlimited budget, buy the ZCO and stick it and a Ckye-Pod on an Accuracy International rifle and be done, right out of the gate. But chances are you'll still want to try different things as you gain experience.
    So that's all good advice there too so thank you...I should have the safety stuff down...I've been around firearms all my life even though I've never used any other than pistols but my dad was big on safety so he made sure I understood the do's and don't from a very early age. As far as the Vortex scope on the MPA rifle I ordered, that's exactly how I feel. From everything I've read here on the Hide about it I couldn't see how I could go wrong. I felt even when the time would come to upgrade, I would more than likely hang on to it for other rifles I might have at that time or in the future. It just seemed like a very solid choice and still does. I do have money, certainly not unlimited, but enough to buy a ZCO for sure, I just also know that after that type of purchase I would have to skip a few other things for awhile to build my piggy bank back up. Seeing how I still need some other things it wouldn't be a smart move, even though I'm sure I would love owning one =) To be honest, as I've been exposed to the ZCO scopes from reading here on the site I viewed them as an upgrade path for in the future.

So what I have so far equipment wise is a game changer bag, a crosstac shooting mat, a fully modified Harris bipod that I put together for the Sig Virtus, and the Steiner HX 15X56 binoculars. I have a crazy amount of ammo in 5.56, 9mm, and 300 blackout, all bought right before the entire world dried up it seems like, but none in 6mm creedmoor =/ I've got 2 or 3 months before my rifle will be ready so I'll be hunting some of that down very soon and slowly build up a decent amount. My future purchases I plan on are a scope of course, the Vortex Fury 5000 AB, the LMSS II spotting scope, a Kestrel 5700 with link, the Magnetospeed V3, Redding T-7 Turret reloading press and associated dies and accessories, a good tripod set-up, and some additional items from MPA to go with the rifle dovetail. Now all this assumes that as I take steps deeper into PRS that these things become items I want and/or need, we'll see, that's why most of them I haven't bought yet. The other thing driving some possible purchases is my desire to start hunting with a rifle with my father in law. That's why you see some redundancy in a few items. I seriously want to go to a few schools/clinics, I think it would be a great way to learn a lot quickly and a bunch of fun too. I haven't done the research yet but I've read about the Gunwerks Long Range University on the PrecisionRifleBlog and thought something like that would be perfect. Lots of things to still figure out, we'll see how far I get with some of it and how soon =)

Alright...I got a Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27X56 MRAD scope with EBR-7C reticle on the way !!! I should see the brown truck in a couple days and yes...I'm super fricken excited lol...first scope I've ever bought for myself, and I know from the countless comments I've read here on the Hide, I chose a good one.

Tried to make the purchase thru Scott at Liberty Optics but just couldn't make it work timeline wise, super nice guy to say the least with an outstanding price for LE/Mil, definitely will be getting the Fury 5000 AB's from him !!

Now I got some searching and reading to do to limit the questions I'm going to have on...rings...mounting...a bunch of stuff I'm sure 👍

I paid a trusted gunsmith to mount my first precision scope so I could see what he did. It's not rocket science. There are any number of how-to videos and descriptions, and you'll evolve your own method anyway.

I've always been happy with Vortex PMR rings - mid-priced and reliable.

Go ahead and invest in an inch-pounds torque wrench. The Wheeler FAT wrench is inexpensive and works well. You don't want to guess at tightening torques if you're investing in good optics.

With regard to "leveling" tools:" I use the level on my iPhone. I have compared its capability with an expensive engineering level, and came away very encouraged - and relieved that I needn't rely on cheapo "scope leveling kits" with multiple little short levels that all too often don't agree with one another on what is "level."

Without getting in too deep, my process is to ascertain the fore-aft position of the scope for my needs, which in return dictates where the rings go on the rail. I'll leave the mechanics of that to your how-to video or written description.

But in terms of how to level the reticle, I do this (assumes you've already determined where rings will be placed on rail and lower halves are tightened):
    1. Hang a piece of weighted heavy sewing thread from a picture frame hanger on the wall to provide a vertical reference.
    2. Place the rifle on a chair or table with the butt almost touching the hanging thread.
    3. Use your phone level or whatever level to level the rail.*
    4. Set the scope at proper fore/aft position in the lower ring halves. Put the upper ring halves in place but do not tighten so you can rotate the scope. Set magnification at highest level.
    5. Shine a good flashlight into the front of the scope. A phone flashlight isn't really bright enough. This will cast a shadow of the reticle on the wall on or very close to the weighted thread.
    6. Rotate the scope until the shadow of the vertical reticle is parallel to the weighted thread.
    7. Tighten the rings according to instructions which came with them.
    * There are a zillion threads on SH about rifle cant. I'm not going there. I want my pic rail level when I align the scope. Other people want a bit of cant according to their own body build.

Finally, Do Not fall for the antiquated notion that scopes need to be mounted as close to the barrel as possible - Frank talks about that here. There is a sticky about correct ring height here.

I paid a trusted gunsmith to mount my first precision scope so I could see what he did. It's not rocket science. There are any number of how-to videos and descriptions, and you'll evolve your own method anyway.

I've always been happy with Vortex PMR rings - mid-priced and reliable.

Go ahead and invest in an inch-pounds torque wrench. The Wheeler FAT wrench is inexpensive and works well. You don't want to guess at tightening torques if you're investing in good optics.

With regard to "leveling" tools:" I use the level on my iPhone. I have compared its capability with an expensive engineering level, and came away very encouraged - and relieved that I needn't rely on cheapo "scope leveling kits" with multiple little short levels that all too often don't agree with one another on what is "level."

Without getting in too deep, my process is to ascertain the fore-aft position of the scope for my needs, which in return dictates where the rings go on the rail. I'll leave the mechanics of that to your how-to video or written description.

But in terms of how to level the reticle, I do this (assumes you've already determined where rings will be placed on rail and lower halves are tightened):
    1. Hang a piece of weighted heavy sewing thread from a picture frame hanger on the wall to provide a vertical reference.
    2. Place the rifle on a chair or table with the butt almost touching the hanging thread.
    3. Use your phone level or whatever level to level the rail.*
    4. Set the scope at proper fore/aft position in the lower ring halves. Put the upper ring halves in place but do not tighten so you can rotate the scope. Set magnification at highest level.
    5. Shine a good flashlight into the front of the scope. A phone flashlight isn't really bright enough. This will cast a shadow of the reticle on the wall on or very close to the weighted thread.
    6. Rotate the scope until the shadow of the vertical reticle is parallel to the weighted thread.
    7. Tighten the rings according to instructions which came with them.
    * There are a zillion threads on SH about rifle cant. I'm not going there. I want my pic rail level when I align the scope. Other people want a bit of cant according to their own body build.

Finally, Do Not fall for the antiquated notion that scopes need to be mounted as close to the barrel as possible - Frank talks about that here. There is a sticky about correct ring height here.
    Sweet..what you wrote made sense...and I've got the wheeler Fat Wrench...yellow and blackish handle one. I'll read the two links you posted and dig in to the scope cant thing...I've got at least 4 weeks or more before the gun is ready so there's time. I haven't looked at rings yet either...I'll give those a look and start a list 👍

I bought my rifle and scope last summer and I was hung up with trying to stay in production class like you and I ended up with the same scope and rifle. My current goal is to just shoot and train to be better and not worry about the division, especially since both divisions shoot together.

I bought my rifle and scope last summer and I was hung up with trying to stay in production class like you and I ended up with the same scope and rifle. My current goal is to just shoot and train to be better and not worry about the division, especially since both divisions shoot together.
    Well there you go...that's my plan now too so it must be a decent one lol 😉

Well here it is...very nice...I almost don't want to even touch it lol. Is there anything I should be checking really ?...keep in mind I'm not familiar at all with the different things I'm looking at on it...sure looks nice though...makes me want the gun I ordered to get here pronto so I can get to using it lol...I took a pic of my dads 4x Weaver next to it...blows my mind what he used to use as compared to this Vortex Razor...too bad he's not still around and able to hunt so I could buy him something nice like this !!
    20210428_135413.jpg
    20210428_141048.jpg

What rings are you going with? And in what height? Please post a picture when you get it mounted up.

I have the same rifle and am looking at the same scope. I have narrowed it down to either the Razor or the Athlon Cronus. I pulled a Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x50 of another rifle and am using that for the time being. I am looking forward to the upgrade.

I will I promise but it's going to be awhile...I'm in the hospital right now recovering from back surgery 👎