• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Professional Gunsmith in Texas..??

ledmach11969

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2009
Ardmore, OK
Does anyone know a good gunsmith near Austin Texas? I need help a pro gunsmith that knows how to build a very accurate rifle. I am buying all the parts he needs, I just need the professional to build it. I appreciate all the help, or comments.

[email protected]

Re: Professional Gunsmith in Texas..??

I remember passing by a shop down off of 35 somewhere down there. hill country rifles or something like that. Best bet is to send it out to GAP, Roscoe, or the others. If you send them an action then its my understanding that when its done you do not need to go through an FFL and they can ship it back to your house. I could be wrong though.

Thank you, I will check out, I will still keep lookin for more information about other gunsmiths near by. Since I will be spending alots of money..

Mark Pharr at Tumbleweeds Custom Rifles. Others have good things to say about Mark, I have not shot behind any of his rifles. I can only recommend Ken Porter, Porter Precision here in Houston. He does great work, is quick, and is priced well. I have three of his rifles.

Pete Pieper in Hempstead does pretty good work, and is pretty quick if the components are readily available.

-pd

Garland Gilbreath of Triple G Gunsmithing in Stephenville. He does great work and really knows his stuff. Built me a 6-284 that is sure enough a tack driver and is working on a 300 RUM for me right now.

http://tripleggunsmithing.com/

Talk to Richard King. His rifles consistently finish at the top in F-class. kings-armory.com