• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRoject for my 30 06

jm_ems_10

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2010
Texas
I have a 30-06 with a wood stock i would like to know if a mcmillian a4 stock can be fit and what mods to get this to shoot 500yds on the dot any suggestions would be very helpful

Re: PRoject for my 30 06

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lif savR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 30-06 with a wood stock i would like to know if a mcmillian a4 stock can be fit and what mods to get this to shoot 500yds on the dot any suggestions would be very helpful </div></div>

will it not do this already? You may need a new barrel. You will want to decide what contour you want before you order the stock though.

I'd say a good free float bedding job and a reloading set up would be high on the list of things to do.

Then think about 60gr of RE-22 under a 210 Berger or a 208 AMAX for starters. If the gun shoots carry on smartly if not it will get a bit expensive from there.......

Cheers,

Doc

Thank you im jsut tryin to have a good long reaching rifle. i also have a british 303 and a kar 98 i think thats what it is called but not sure if i shoul try firing them. got them for free

Go and shoot the .303 and kar 98, they'll go bang!! Just make sure to dry-fire them to make sure their in good wooking order.

ya they work the 303 stock is cracked looks like someone try to re do stock but it kicks these shoot like they would be good hunting and thanks for info am lookin into a bull barrel for 30-06 heard that will help gun fire more accurt or somethin along those lines

Sell me the K98, and go shoot the 303!!!!

K98 is on my list of things to buy if you are interested in selling it.