• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Project Savage

mildot326

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2004
OK so this project started out as a regular bargain basement rifle from Savage. All things considered Savage rifles have improved over the years and given the price, there was no reason not to make an investment in one. BTW did I mention that there's only a few options for us "lefty's"

The rifle was sent to Rick at Alberta Tactical Rifles, less the stock. Rick ordered the stock, and I purchase the V-Bull conversion from ED Begg. The mag conversion is a piece of "art" the machining is "top shelf" and as a former machinist in another life I found the quality to be excellent.Having been a graduate of a sniper course I found the mag system to be a asset, regardless of make.

The rest of the components are a McMillan A-5, stock, Smith vortex with a 20" barrel. PRI scope base, and the whole rifle painted in FDE.

Its too early to have some range info, but that will follow. Overall the build went quite smoothly, with the folks at ATR meeting or exceeding my expectations. All that is left it to see how it shoots.
IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

Re: Project Savage

Fuck yeah!!! Looks great!

I'm interested as well on what kind of glass you're gonna put on it.

Right now a Leupold Mark 4 3.5 X 10.Mildot reticle.

Here's some finished pic of the Savage Project.
Assembled by ATR, no complaints.
004.jpg

003.jpg