• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pronghorn Antelope Addiction

toadbrown

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
Fenton, Mo
Just thought I would post a few pictures of some of the goats I've killed and see if anybody else on here has any pics to share that could contribute to my addiction. i just love stalking and shooting these animals!

010bgq.jpg

110dja.jpg

079mw.jpg

img0983l.jpg

2010 (Last day of hunt, Hard Year)

Re: Pronghorn Antelope Addiction

2008 Goat was 15 1/2 inches, 319 yards after 150 yard belly crawl.
Awesome fun!

TusconDave and his boy on here, they went to wyoming and did pretty good. He also holds some shoots for some of the hiders here. He is a pretty good dude.

antelope2010018.jpg

Familyantelope2009013.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

Montana antelope from the past three years...IMO antelope are the most underrated trophy in North America.

PGS Those goats are really heavy. Were they taken off public or private ground?

I also agree that they are underrated, people think that its easy to go out and shoot one. If you want a real nice one like the ones you posted they are really a fun challenge!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO antelope are the most underrated trophy in North America. </div></div>

Agreed, they are very fun and challenging(at times) to hunt. Quickly becoming one of my favorite hunts!

Awesome goats, I bet the one your the most proud of is your sons. Great goat

Sendero man, I see your from Buffalo Wy. I do most of my goat hunting out by Upton, where do you get all those great goats?

get them around the top part of the state....

North of Notellum Creek and south of east pasture on the west side of the fence by the tall sage brush on the north side of the road
wink.gif

This looks like a fun long-range game. I have been wanting to do this kind of a hunt for some time, I just can't bring myself to spend big dollars on a drive-around-and-shoot guided hunt for what is, essentially, a varmint. I may have to phone a friend... too bad I don't know PGS or Sendero Man.
cry.gif

Yeah I just found it on the map, it's east of Cantellu Butte and southeast of Findemyourself Canyon! LOL, never hurts to ask!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedgoat_ Junkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I just found it on the map, it's east of Cantellu Butte and southeast of Findemyourself Canyon! LOL, never hurts to ask! </div></div>

YES !! right between those two. Crap, guess I'll see you in there next season !

Thats an incredible goat, what did he score and how many inches tall? Did you get him in Colorado?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedgoat_ Junkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I just found it on the map, it's east of Cantellu Butte and southeast of Findemyourself Canyon! LOL, never hurts to ask! </div></div>

YES !! right between those two. Crap, guess I'll see you in there next season !</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedgoat_ Junkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I just found it on the map, it's east of Cantellu Butte and southeast of Findemyourself Canyon! LOL, never hurts to ask! </div></div>

YES !! right between those two. Crap, guess I'll see you in there next season
!</div></div>

I wish you guys would stay off my property. No wonder I don't see anything.... Damn poachers .

I would like to take my Dad and Son on a hunt like that one day.
Guess you just need to have the cash

If you do a public land hunt like we do it's not that expensive. 300 for a tag, split gas from Missouri 300, hotel split 2 ways 350-450, food 200.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedgoat_ Junkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you do a public land hunt like we do it's not that expensive. 300 for a tag, split gas from Missouri 300, hotel split 2 ways 350-450, food 200. </div></div>

all for about 30 lbs of good meat !
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedgoat_ Junkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you do a public land hunt like we do it's not that expensive. 300 for a tag, split gas from Missouri 300, hotel split 2 ways 350-450, food 200. </div></div>

all for about 30 lbs of good <span style="color: red"> cough cough</span> meat !
grin.gif
</div></div>

Only if you get a big one
laugh.gif

You're right about that! Good thing I can kill whitetails for cheap to supplement for the small amount of meat.

Heres acouple of mine:

IMG_0456.jpg

Worldsandantelope2010092.jpg

Absolutley one of my favorite hunts each year, can't beat chasing them around with a bow. Still got acouple tags left in Wyoming this year, went up last Sunday and it seems they all moved out of the unit for some reason, first time in alot of years we havent been able to find them. I always get 4 leftover doe tags and seem to fill them without any problem. Good thing my freezers already full!

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

This is my first, but not last. 9 years of preference points. Taken in CO, DIY hunt. Drove 17 hours each way for a hunt that lasted less than an hour! He measured about 75.5".

Pat, you are my idol!

Ridge, very nice!

I think Colorado is a very underated goat state, of course I live in very northern Colorado (about 5 miles from pawnee) but there are some monster bucks around. This time of year it would be weird if I didnt see 500+ everyday just driving around at work.
Its unfortunate that is takes so many points to draw in some units, there are so many Antelope they should be giving out alot more tags every year. Thats why I stick to archery, I might not kill the biggest bucks because of this but I am still always happy with the class of I animal I stick with an arrow every year