• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Proof 1.350 338

BCX

Powder Consumer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 18, 2018
    Just got off the phone w DJ from Proof barrels. If anyone is interested in a Proof Bull or Sendero 338 cal 1-9 twist to run on a XL action hit me up or DJ directly. He is trying to get approval to do a run. The more interest the easier it will be to get approval.

Reactions: Kwe1982
    DJ from Proof got it approved w a min order of 10 barrels. Price will be $819. Hopefully there is a interest?

I have a stocking dealer interested in picking up 5. We need 4 more to commit. Where are the 338 shooters?

This will be a limited run. Price will be the same as the .375 CT barrels due to the extra barrel shank width.

What lengths will be available?
    What are you looking for? I can send a email to DJ and ask if we can customize lengths. The biggest issue was the shank size. Barrels can be cut before Proof wraps them.

Ain't they cheaper at other dealers. Just saying!
    I’m running a Proof 1.250 338 on a 338 LM AI w Defiance action but the 1.250 shank won’t work on a XL action.

Email sent to Proof asking if we can do multiple lengths. Post what your looking for. i will post the response from DJ @ Proof tomorrow.

Looking at the Proof 375 CT contour it looks to be a straight taper. Let me know what your preference is.

I had a 1.350 x3.5 28" sendero taper and 1" @ 28" ill have to look again cant remember where I got it from but I would suggest doing it like that one except with a 4" breach length that way guys could do a 338 Snipetac or one of the Cheytac based rounds and have all 1.350 steel around the case if that makes sense and I would do 32"

DJ from Proof informed me all 10 barrels have to be the same specs. If we can agree on specs we can get this done. Not sure on time frame. Feel free to call DJ @ Proof or I can email and update the post here later!

I would be in for 30" full bull 9 twist blank. But if I'm the minority then I'll just go with a steel Bartlein barrel instead. Might know of another member here that would want the same 30" bull CF also.

I would be down w a 30 inch Bull.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
    We need just 5 total and a stocking Proof dealer will pick up the other 5.

Just saw this thread. I would be in for a 1.350 barrel, but probably not bull. 1.0" muzzle at 30" finish would be my vote with a 4" shank. 9 twist.

Just what the doctor ordered for a hunting weight Norma Improved!

Reactions: b6graham