• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proof 10/22barrels

chavezz556

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2012
Panhandle of Idaho
Anyone else see this teaser ?

Not sure the need for a carbon wrapped 22lr bbl but it sure does look cool

Attachments

• B8F5CF72-FD41-4CC2-AE4C-8E82FEA6813B.png
    B8F5CF72-FD41-4CC2-AE4C-8E82FEA6813B.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 106
Any word on price?

Lilja are like 420.00

Kidd are ~ 250.00

hope these arent in the 800 range

Has there been an update on price/release..... agree with Frankr...800 best not be the range

4591F16C-5745-4F51-A724-3BB2C9EDA928.jpeg

Got one on my Vudoo and love it so far. My excuse to going with a Proof, even though the cost is high, at least with a rimfire I know I won’t likely ever shoot the barrel out. Been too cold to really test it but so far one hole groups at 25yds behind my house are normal.

Reactions: nakoa01
I saw on today's instagram post they are 620 CF. Hoping dealers may have them below but merely wishful thinking.

Just asked which chamber they are running.

What is the usual difference on msrp and what one actually pays?

620.00 msrp is getting in to areas where guys might start looking at what kind of a gun they are putting it on.

The biggest issue I see with a CF barrel at that price is, you are getting close to Vudoo price if you drop the cash on one for a 455. Obviously someone looking for an auto loader (10/22) isn't going to go for a Vudoo but the money you'd have into a 455 putting a carbon fiber barrel on it would be pushing Vudoo price or getting close to it. I'm a huge CZ fan though, so I can totally see the desire for souping up a 455.

I don't have any 10/22 experience as far as aftermarket support goes. Without looking up pricing, I imagine it would put guys in a dilemma between the nearly half price Volquartsen CF barrel and the Proof. I would certainly fork out the extra money if the Proof was proven more accurate time and time again compared to the Volquartsen though. Not sure what the track record is in terms of accuracy for the Volquartsen CF barrels.

I think VQ will be a competitor but Kidd really is the “premium” 10-22 barrel maker without sending it off to a gunsmith to work over.

The CF will be over 2x the cost of a kidd barrel and I hope it shoots well enough to merit the price increase.

I agree with you. At what point would you be close enough to get a vudoo and from watching NRL22 matches. They seem to shoot really well.

Maybe a Cz 457 (uses the 455 barrels) in a manners stock with a CF barrel might be something for someone looking for an accurate lightweight all purpose rimfire that doesn’t have to mimick their full size centerfire rifle.

Reactions: bmicek