• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proof 223 origin prefit

iukamedic

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2017
I have looked high and low and haven’t really found any good info on this. Im thinking about the the proof research 223 carbon fiber prefit for the origin. It’s 20 inches and an 8 twist. Anyone Have any experience with these. Thank you in advance.

I haven't had a proof that wouldn't shoot myself. That includes prefits, and barrels I chambered myself. Proof has a very good reputation.

Reactions: iukamedic
I have looked high and low and haven’t really found any good info on this. Im thinking about the the proof research 223 carbon fiber prefit for the origin. It’s 20 inches and an 8 twist. Anyone Have any experience with these. Thank you in advance.
I just got one of the comp contour stainless proof prefits in 223 and it shoots great, I am running it on my orgin action.

I've not had a proof prefit that was bad, but I've also not had one that is quite as good as getting one spun up by a really good smith. Eric at Blue Mountain Precision is without a doubt one of the very best and he's fast too. He's done a few for me for my Origin as well as TL3 and I've not seen a better barrel than what he puts out. SPR and Greg are also great.