• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proof Carbon with wood stock?

Anb618

In Valor, there is Hope.
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2017
Thinking about an Origin 7mm-08 with CF barrel. I have a craving for a (somewhat) classic wood stock, but I’m not sure how the wood stock will look with a CF barrel? Retro meeting modern materials. Currently thinking M40 style stock (matte finish BLO finished walnut, no checkering, Monte Carlo cheek), but inletted for AICS DBM.

Anyone who has a setup like this or at least with any kind of wood stock, DBM, and CF barrel and want to post up a photo for me, I would appreciate it.

I’ve seen this done and it looks bad ass! Wood stocks and wood replica’s are actually coming back strong right now

Just look at foundation stocks exploding

But I’m like you I would prefer a actual wood one with a dbm setup even a factory one would do, if I could open the barrel channel up big enough for a proof sendero

Reactions: Anb618
Ive all was thought a dark flat oil finished stock with OD green metal would be sweet. Throw in some
carbon fiber and that would be amazing .

Reactions: duramaxed
But I’m like you I would prefer a actual wood one with a dbm setup even a factory one would do, if I could open the barrel channel up big enough for a proof sendero
A chassis absolutely has it’s place, but I still love the looks of a good wood grain...

Take a look at Joel Russo's web page. He has some stupid badass looking wood stocks with carbon barrels.

todd_ramirez_7801-b3411e4f1b4186616cee71d1a269600a5d8202994aa572a3ac60749f55ef71ba.jpg

Here are two Todd Ramirez guns. I think he does the combo justice.

Capture.JPG

Will McClosky knows what he's doing, too.

Last edited:
I have been playing with the idea of building a M40 style rifle using a plain jane walnut stock with a matte finish and using a Proof Sendero CF barrel and having the barrel and action cerakoted.

That would make the barrel "look" heavy but it would not be.

Griffin and Howe build a nice looking rifle with a proof barrel, walnut stock, and a Mausingfield action. Im not certain, but I think their stock has a full length bedding block bonded to the walnut. Cool looking rifles with an interesting name if that's your bag.

todd_ramirez_7801-b3411e4f1b4186616cee71d1a269600a5d8202994aa572a3ac60749f55ef71ba.jpg

Here are two Todd Ramirez guns. I think he does the combo justice.

The bottom rifle is essentially what I’m after, but with a more utilitarian understated look to the stock and an 18-20” barrel. These are some good looking rifles. Thanks!

View attachment 7294261
I build wooden rifle stocks out of nice pieces of wood. I do them with a lot of Black Walnut and Maple, but this is one that I recently finished for Tate, of Impact Precision
You have a website or just do it as a fun project for friends? Beautiful work. What kind of wood is that?

Reactions: derek71784
You have a website or just do it as a fun project for friends? Beautiful work. What kind of wood is that?

I just use Facebook and Instagram right now, and most every stock is made to order. It requires a little more interaction, but helps the end product. On Instagram I’m @atgwood_works and on FB I’m ATG Wood Works. If not on there, shoot me a message on here and we can talk if you’re interested!

The wood on the Gray and Black is Curly (Tiger) Maple.

Or... send me your proof carbon wrapped barrel and I’ll wrap a barrel in wood for ya.

Got a web site or contact for prices? After I get my action barreled I will be looking for a nice wood stock to lay her in. Looking to get a stock similar to the ones pictured above.
I was talking about laminating around the barrel not a stock. I was mostly joking.

Sorry op if you didn’t find it humorous.. I’ll wander back to the bear pit now.