• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proof Competition Profile Thread Protector 1/2" x 28?

MDof2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2020
Magatopia
For the life of me I can't seem to find any that are 1/2" x 28 x 1"OD to fit the Proof competition contour profile barrel. Stainless preferred, but at this point, I'll take anything.
Anyone have a source?

You could contact Patriot Valley Arms and see if Josh will spin up a custom one for you. As far as that goes any machine shop can spin one up for the right amount of money.

You could contact Patriot Valley Arms and see if Josh will spin up a custom one for you. As far as that goes any machine shop can spin one up for the right amount of money.
Continued searching and actually found that PVA has them on their site, but OOS at the moment.
Edit: 5/8-24..... :(
Emailing Josh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Defender32
Email Josh and he will get back with you. He's just a small 2 or 3 person shop so be patient.

I have one in 5/8x24 from https://www.downrangeproductsco.com/ that fits my Proof just about perfectly. Their site is a bitch to use and I don't see a 1/2x28 version in 1", but you could shoot them an email and I bet it would be trivial to spin one up for you.
I searched through there. What a hot mess that is.
Maybe the solution is a 1/2 to 5/8 adapter, then a 5/8 protector. There is no scarcity of 1"OD 5/8x24 adapters.
Josh may get back to me. I may buy some steel stock or grab a burnt out barrel and attempt one in my lathe.

I searched through there. What a hot mess that is.
Maybe the solution is a 1/2 to 5/8 adapter, then a 5/8 protector. There is no scarcity of 1"OD 5/8x24 adapters.
Josh may get back to me. I may buy some steel stock or grab a burnt out barrel and attempt one in my lathe.

I'd just get the EC tuner adapter and a tapered EC Tuner. It'd look nice given the diameter of the EC tuner v1 is 1".

Reactions: nikonNUT
If something like this will suit you, send me a PM.
20220916_161133.jpg

Closest I found was from Volquartsen 1/2-28 x .920" O.D x .450" wide or Atlasworx 1/2-28 x.950" O.D. x .625" wide.

Reactions: Sc0-