• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Proof research 28 nosler on a Winchester CRF.

Pre-64

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2019
Going to build a 28 nosler on a Winchester CRF, wondering if there are any problems having the extractor cut into the blank? I’ve not used a carbon fiber barrel before so before I order it I want to make sure it is possible. Most every proof barreled rifle I’ve seen is a push feed type action. Thanks for the help.

Yes, proof have enough thread Knox to do it. I've done one to a CRF Ruger m77mk2.

Who are you having build this?

I have too many things going on to do it now, and have a dream of building up an old Win into a tack driver hunting rig like this.

Call Chad @LongRifles Inc.
He loves messing around with those cool old actions. And his work on em doesnt look half bad,,,,, ?

Long rifles inc does indeed build some nice rifles, but on this one I'm have Mark Penrod Work his magic, I've got most of the parts ready, just need the barrel and will ship it off. Hope to get it out next week.

Reactions: powdahound76