• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proof Research Barrel Issues. Need Second Opinion

Dopicus

Private
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2020
Hello everyone.

I am currently trying to resolve some issues I am having with my Proof Research prefit carbon fiber RPR barrel I ordered. It is chambered in 6.5 creedmoor with a 1:7.5 twist. After installing the barrel in my RPR it has been shooting terribly. Consistently shooting 2moa at 100 yards. My factory barrel held about .4 moa at 100 yards. I was hoping to get a second opinion before sending the barrel in for warranty work. Below is the conversation I have been having with the factory. The blue text is the response I am getting back from them. I have found what appears to be an issue with the lands described below. Their lead engineer is claiming that there are no major issues with the bore scope video.

I have attached the videos below. I should add they have given me an RMA number. For the more experienced guys here, do you see anything wrong with the bore video?

Thank You

Hello
I ordered a proof research ruger precision rifle prefit barrel 6.5 creedmoor 24" carbon fiber barrel on march 29.
After installing the barrel and shooting I have discovered that it was shooting terribly. The accuracy was considerably worse than the stock barrel.
Upon inspection I discovered that the bullet no matter how far it is seated out of the cartridge will not make contact with the lands.
It is currently shooting about 2 moa at 100 yards.

Please let me know what the next steps are to resolve this issue.

Ryan –
What ammo are you running? Factory or hand loads?

Hand loads. Berger 140 grain. I have also tried hornady factory with even worse performance.
I bore scoped the barrel and compared it to the factory. In the factory barrel the lands ramp down and terminate at the same line that spans the internal circumference of the barrel. On the proof barrel there is no ramp down for the lands. They appear to be sheared off. Moreover they aren't sheared along the same internal line. Where they are sheered the edge looks like hundreds of small needles. Not a clean cut at all.

It appears to me that a throat reamer was never used on it. I am attaching 2 videos. One of my factory barrel with 250 rounds through it that holds .4 to .5 moa at 100 yards.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/WJDc7AC_TceEU0JnppVLNQ.xUfDCRih7HzmCMmw0WRQLv

The second video is of the proof barrel that is struggling to hold 2 moa at 100 yards.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/ouzvpwc4TAO1UfWTXYdp8w.JxosDcN2Dl52tfrr8TKdkA

Never seen lands deformed like that. This barrel has less than 40 rounds through it.

Ryan –
I got with our lead engineer and here is what I got back:

I don’t see any major issues in his bore scope video.

The one thing that sticks out is that he states he can’t seat the bullets to the lands although that’s not necessary for good accuracy. What is the cartridge overall length he is running? It’s possible that the barrel was installed with excessive headspace. Did he check it with headspace gauges? Can he measure the change in the cartridge shoulder position before and after firing with a new case? How much does it change? Has he had any light primer strikes after the barrel was installed?

I would expect our barrel to match the accuracy of his factory barrel.

I dont seat to the lands. I use an oal guage to measure the distance to the lands and then back off by 1 hundredth.
The measurement to the lands in the proof barrel without being installed is 2.2740"
This is taken with a pair of Mitutoyo calipers and hornaday bullet comparator using the 5-26 adapter for the 6.5 creedmoor.

The measurement on the factory barrel is 2.0335"
That is .24" off. Almost a quarter of an inch. Attached is a picture of what each looks like compared to a factory bullet on the right side.
The smaller bullet pic on the left is the factory barrel.
The larger is the proof barrel.
The third picture is showing the bullet seated in the proof barrel compared to the magazine.

20210726_161207.jpg
20210726_161542.jpg
20210726_161619.jpg

From what I can see in the video I don't think the barrel is your issue. How did you set your headspace? Have you checked to make sure everything on the gun is tight, scope base, action screws everything? Take it apart and put it back together again so you don't miss anything. Put your old barrel back on and see if you can record the same groups as before.

It is always possible you have some type of barrel issue but it seems like the long shot at this point.

Headspace was set with a pair of go nogo guages. Action tightened to where the bolt makes the first click using a nogo guage. Verified with go guage and then tightened.

Scope mount is a 1 piece spurhr ideal scope mount system. Mounted with forward pressure on the rail and torqued with a torque wrench.

As the barrel stands currently factory ammo sits a quarter inch off the lands.

Second take everything apart, clean, put the old barrel back on and reassemble. If it shoots good with your old barrel put the new barrel on. If it still shoots like crap send it back.
This is just a wag (wild ass guess) but I think it’s gonna be that prefit barrel. I’ve heard a few people that’s had problems with prefits and not just proof research prefit barrels either. I’ve recently started doing my own machine work. It’s not rocket science but your measurements have to be right. The problem with prefits is they’re assuming the measurements of your rifle. I’m surprised that there’s not been more problems or god forbid worse.

For as much as those barrels cost that throat looks a bit rough to me. Hard to tell, but how concentric does it look? If they sent you a RMA then just send it back...

Is it a 6.5 barrel? If the bullet is not contacting the barrel at any point, makes me think it's not a 6.5 barrel for some reason.

If you look at the bottom of the first post, he has measurements to the lands. It's a real long throat. If it wasn't a 6.5 barrel, he wouldn't be hitting paper at 100yds

Headspace was set with a pair of go nogo guages. Action tightened to where the bolt makes the first click using a nogo guage. Verified with go guage and then tightened.

Scope mount is a 1 piece spurhr ideal scope mount system. Mounted with forward pressure on the rail and torqued with a torque wrench.

As the barrel stands currently factory ammo sits a quarter inch off the lands.
Send it back then you have everything covered pretty well it seems. You are never going to be happy with that barrel going forward regardless. Ask me how I know.

Hello everyone.

I am currently trying to resolve some issues I am having with my Proof Research prefit carbon fiber RPR barrel I ordered. It is chambered in 6.5 creedmoor with a 1:7.5 twist. After installing the barrel in my RPR it has been shooting terribly. Consistently shooting 2moa at 100 yards. My factory barrel held about .4 moa at 100 yards. I was hoping to get a second opinion before sending the barrel in for warranty work. Below is the conversation I have been having with the factory. The blue text is the response I am getting back from them. I have found what appears to be an issue with the lands described below. Their lead engineer is claiming that there are no major issues with the bore scope video.

I have attached the videos below. I should add they have given me an RMA number. For the more experienced guys here, do you see anything wrong with the bore video?

Thank You

Hello
I ordered a proof research ruger precision rifle prefit barrel 6.5 creedmoor 24" carbon fiber barrel on march 29.
After installing the barrel and shooting I have discovered that it was shooting terribly. The accuracy was considerably worse than the stock barrel.
Upon inspection I discovered that the bullet no matter how far it is seated out of the cartridge will not make contact with the lands.
It is currently shooting about 2 moa at 100 yards.

Please let me know what the next steps are to resolve this issue.

Ryan –
What ammo are you running? Factory or hand loads?

Hand loads. Berger 140 grain. I have also tried hornady factory with even worse performance.
I bore scoped the barrel and compared it to the factory. In the factory barrel the lands ramp down and terminate at the same line that spans the internal circumference of the barrel. On the proof barrel there is no ramp down for the lands. They appear to be sheared off. Moreover they aren't sheared along the same internal line. Where they are sheered the edge looks like hundreds of small needles. Not a clean cut at all.

It appears to me that a throat reamer was never used on it. I am attaching 2 videos. One of my factory barrel with 250 rounds through it that holds .4 to .5 moa at 100 yards.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/WJDc7AC_TceEU0JnppVLNQ.xUfDCRih7HzmCMmw0WRQLv

The second video is of the proof barrel that is struggling to hold 2 moa at 100 yards.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/ouzvpwc4TAO1UfWTXYdp8w.JxosDcN2Dl52tfrr8TKdkA

Never seen lands deformed like that. This barrel has less than 40 rounds through it.

Ryan –
I got with our lead engineer and here is what I got back:

I don’t see any major issues in his bore scope video.

The one thing that sticks out is that he states he can’t seat the bullets to the lands although that’s not necessary for good accuracy. What is the cartridge overall length he is running? It’s possible that the barrel was installed with excessive headspace. Did he check it with headspace gauges? Can he measure the change in the cartridge shoulder position before and after firing with a new case? How much does it change? Has he had any light primer strikes after the barrel was installed?

I would expect our barrel to match the accuracy of his factory barrel.

I dont seat to the lands. I use an oal guage to measure the distance to the lands and then back off by 1 hundredth.
The measurement to the lands in the proof barrel without being installed is 2.2740"
This is taken with a pair of Mitutoyo calipers and hornaday bullet comparator using the 5-26 adapter for the 6.5 creedmoor.

The measurement on the factory barrel is 2.0335"
That is .24" off. Almost a quarter of an inch. Attached is a picture of what each looks like compared to a factory bullet on the right side.
The smaller bullet pic on the left is the factory barrel.
The larger is the proof barrel.
The third picture is showing the bullet seated in the proof barrel compared to the magazine.

View attachment 7675673View attachment 7675674View attachment 7675675
Wow, I have a Proof SS MTU barrel in 6.5 CM....not a prefit, its on a Seekins action....and after a thousand rounds my CBTO to the lands was 2.224.

You are 50 thousandths longer with only 40 rounds?

@GBMaryland recently put a Proof prefit on a Tika TAC3A and it seems to be working out well for him. Perhaps he may have some insights or comparisons to share.

Wow, I have a Proof SS MTU barrel in 6.5 CM....not a prefit, its on a Seekins action....and after a thousand rounds my CBTO to the lands was 2.224.

You are 50 thousandths longer with only 40 rounds?

@GBMaryland recently put a Proof prefit on a Tika TAC3A and it seems to be working out well for him. Perhaps he may have some insights or comparisons to share.

On your barrel, do the lands ramp up from the throat gradually? Or do they go straight up like mine?

Reactions: Baron23
On your barrel, do the lands ramp up from the throat gradually? Or do they go straight up like mine?
Let me take a look and get a pic. I do have an inexpensive (relatively) bore scope but I don't believe I have ever particularly noticed that aspect.

Give me a few hours and I will post pics....hopefully! haha Haven't really taken and downloaded pics with it before.

P.S. - aw fuck, can't seem to download pics from this Teslong. My old laptop has the larger card reader and not whatever they have in the Teslong and I can't seem to find a USB cable that will work to download. Charge, hell....other port for image download...well, still working on it.

I need to find a male-male USB cable or an adapter and try to use the short pigtail that connects the electronics to the camera.

In any case, no....I don't see anything at all like the end of your throat. My focus isn't as good at the pics you took, but still....nope. Now, this barrel has 1,400 rounds on it and who knows what it looked like at 40 rounds and before wearing the end of the throat a bit.

Sorry, I was hopeful of posting some pics for you.

Last edited:
Watching. I twisted on a 6mm Creed carbon Proof barrel a couple months ago. I expected ALOT more from it.

@Dopicus -hello, my friend....I looked again and no, nothing at all like what you are showing. My lands ramp smoothly down to the end of the throat.

but again, 1,400 rounds so that's at least 40 thousands of wear on the lead so if there was indeed that type of finish on the end of the lands, its surely gone by now, right?

And wow, I'm still not getting the level of focus/resolution you got with my Teslong. I need to play with it more and try the other two mirrors, ect. Not that good of quality of pics, sorry.

Here are what the ends of my lands look like. Fire cracking but the lands just fade into the free bore as far as I can tell (and I'm def no expert at this)

1627608912214.jpeg

1627608983189.jpeg

Best of luck and cheers

You have a (I assume 1.5 degree) angle in your throat. You can see it on the video. Everything that goes concentric was cut by the reamer, everything that goes in the same axis as the bore was lapping done while it was still a blank.

chamber.jpg

ETA:
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
So as far as it goes... My experience is that the chamber is rarely the cause for poor accuracy. I've seen some pretty fucked chamber jobs that shot really well. Besides that, yours looks fine.

If the barrel is a dud, it may just be a dud. I agree with the other suggestion of double checking the old barrel and a sanity check on headspace, torques, etc... But beyond that I'd send it back and let Proof handle it.

@Dopicus -hello, my friend....I looked again and no, nothing at all like what you are showing. My lands ramp smoothly down to the end of the throat.

but again, 1,400 rounds so that's at least 40 thousands of wear on the lead so if there was indeed that type of finish on the end of the lands, its surely gone by now, right?

And wow, I'm still not getting the level of focus/resolution you got with my Teslong. I need to play with it more and try the other two mirrors, ect. Not that good of quality of pics, sorry.

Here are what the ends of my lands look like. Fire cracking but the lands just fade into the free bore as far as I can tell (and I'm def no expert at this)

View attachment 7677125

View attachment 7677127

Best of luck and cheers

I also have a Teslong borescope. The way you get that level of focus is by adjusting the mirror farther out. There is a secondary ring on the threads that you loosen to the desired length and then you tighten down the mirror to the ring.

If you are using a muzzle device, check for a strike. A bullet maybe just brushing a brake or baffle and that can cause unexplained poor accuracy. Look closely, I've seen it happen and it's barely noticeable where it's hitting.

I've just about given up on Proof Research Carbon Fiber barrels. This is my 2nd and last time I will use them; 1st was when building a 6.5 Creedmoor AR10. Before the barrel was installed and the muzzle threads cut. My gunsmith slugged the bore. He noticed an abrupt stop right where the gas block journal was, so he borescoped it with his Hawkeye borescope and told me to send the barrel back. I asked why and he told me there is a pronounced "burr" inside the barrel and it was large enough that he was convinced that trying to "shoot it out" would've resulted in failure and wasted money on ammo and components. I called Proof customer service, put them on speakerphone and they first insinuated I/we didn't know what we were talking about, just shoot more ammo through it and it would be OK, and then proceeded to lecture us on how many barrels they produce. I got tired of listening, said that they obviously used dull tooling (I guess when drilling ALL those barrels) and just like when drilling a hole in plywood, it blows out the underside/inside. The gunsmith's suggestion was to drive a lead slug into the barrel under the gas block journal, then drill the gas port hole. He switched the conversation to sending me an RMA shipping label to return the barrel. No problem. The 2nd barrel that came back and was marginally better. My gunsmith said it was good enough where he could lap out the area under the gas block journal and it would shoot. After spending @ 30 minutes lapping with a lead lap & compound, he sent patches through and they went smoothly. The gun now shoots sub MOA with single feed Berger 140gr Hybrids. Wasn't happy with their response, but it worked out in the end.

#2; A brand new LWRC REPR G2 Elite with 20" Proof Research Carbon fiber barrel. I brought the new rifle home today from the gun shop, and cleaned the bore removing all carbon from test firing and some light copper fouling. I borescoped the new barrel with my Teslong borescope and just past the case mouth, I noticed the freebore/chamber was cut off center. Lands on one side of the barrel were starting earlier than the opposite side and cut on an angle. The freebore was short on one side and long on the opposing side. This is COMPLETELY unacceptable for a $5,000.00 "Precision" rifle. The gas port hole was actually drilled pretty well; sharp, we'll defined edges, no burrs, but also not centered in a land.

I immediately sent a warranty repair request to LWRC, and got them on the phone on the way back to my local gun shop where I did the transfer in. I spoke to Rodney, the Technical Service Manager there and sent him the borescope video. He had told me that as of 2024, LWRC will no longer be doing business with Proof Research. Proof sells the pre-fit, chambered barrels directly to LWRC and they do the install. LWRC does not chamber their barrels. Proof does. Apparently I'm not the only one with issues. The new rifle arrived and left for warranty repair an hour after my 4473 was approved. While I don't necessarily fault LWRC for the shoddy workmanship/chambering job. LWRC should have caught this during QC before the rifle ever left Maryland. Rodney told me they only fire the rifle for function testing and not for accuracy. It's really a shame as the technology seems great, but the workmanship is terrible. After this rifle is corrected, there will be no more Proof Research purchases ever again. I tried uploading the 10Mb video that I sent to Rodney, but the file is too large to upload. I screen -shot some stills from the video. So far, LWRC seems to be doing the right thing. Proof...nope.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231023-185835_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231023-185835_Gallery.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_20231023-185903_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231023-185903_Gallery.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20231023-185918_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231023-185918_Gallery.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_20231023_190054.jpg
    Screenshot_20231023_190054.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Reactions: AccuSol-ERN
I am considering a proof steel for a 16” ar in 223. If the quality in no longer there what other option the the 500$ price range is there?

Compass lake Douglass? Rainer ultra match?

I want absolute accuracy at that price point if possible.

Just send it back. Not a fan of carbon fiber barrels. I have a bunch of Proof Stainless steel barrels and recommend them. I lapp the gas port area in autos, even drilling with a sharp drill a small burr will occur. If running an adjustable gas block, and you recieve one from a manufacturer where a dull drill is used, just go the next size larger drill with a new sharp drill and dark heavy cutting oil and slowly ream it with the new drill, to remove heavy burrs, then lapp the gas port area.
Your gonna have to learn to do your own gunsmithing, especially the simple stuff, such as this, even quality manufacturers turn out less than a quality job.

I am considering a proof steel for a 16” ar in 223. If the quality in no longer there what other option the the 500$ price range is there?

I've been very happy with Compass Lake barrels. Bartlein blanks were on backorder for a while though. Never bought from Ranier. Heard good things online about them though. Check out Lilja...bit pricey, but very good. I have several. All shoot sub MOA as long I show up.

I called or emailed Craddock and am sending them my upper soon so they can make and install a Bartlein with a CLE chamber on one of my AR's. It's a sweet rifle I build but the barrel isn't a match barrel. It actually shoots great for what it is, but I've gotten to where I only want to run Bartlien at this point. I just don't want to fool with anything else honestly. I know my Bart is going to shoot and so I'd rather spend the money and have a good smith chamber it properly and know I'm gonna be good to go.

Reactions: ranger0787

Get the Proof Research "SS barrel" in 223. I've never gotten a bad one yet...these are super accurate, when properly put together. I will not say the same for carbon fiber, it may or may not, be accurate and I consider that material a hunting gun to be carried a lot and shot little...unless it's a 22LR. Plus light Stainless fluted barrels are just as light without issues,... for at least 3 shots, for hunting. Carbon fiber is for handguards, not barrels, IMO. But you, do you, it's a big industry, and lots of guys love them. I don't care...and I only have one...they do not lend themselves to meet my purposes in a rifle.
Last 2 Bartlein barrels skimped on the lapping, it was done, but not quite up to par...but they shoot well...and that's what counts. I have no trouble getting their barrels, in blank form. But I wouldn't wait for months for someone to chamber one either.

I've been very happy with Compass Lake barrels. Bartlein blanks were on backorder for a while though. Never bought from Ranier. Heard good things online about them though. Check out Lilja...bit pricey, but very good. I have several. All shoot sub MOA as long I show up.
My CLE AR with Bart barrel is outstanding. CLE makes great stuff IME. However, they blew me off this last time trying to buy a barrel. Called 2x and emailed and got nothing even after speaking with the lady there so, I'm done with that. Definitely quality AR everything though.

I have moved on to Craddock. It was super easy to get what I wanted (he had the Bartlien blank), and actually discussing it with Paul was just easy and quick. I'm actually just sending him my whole upper so he can install it after he puts a CLE chamber in it for me to match my CLE rifles chamber.

It could be because he knew that Frank personally sent me to him but Paul was really easy to reach and to go back and forth with concerning what I wanted to do. I am supposed to send him my upper soon as he couldn't do it right away and didn't want to just be sitting on my rifle (which I also appreciated him making note of instead of "send it to us and it will be 3 months").

I am happy to report back when I get the barrel back and shoot it but it's going to be December. I think Craddock has a pretty solid and well known rep so not exactly a big risk or anything. That's what I'd do

Reactions: ranger0787
Ok. Rifle came back from LWRC Today. I was told they were going to re-barrel and test for accuracy. This barrel looks almost the same as the original PRCF barrel; Lands not cut the same from land-to-land, some are cut on a pronounced angle, 1 actually starts further (Shorter) than the next nearest ones, gas port is drilled cleanly. No test target supplied with the rifle, no accuracy standard was ever stated nor written, but it "passed accuracy standards".

Proactively, I started trying to research who makes/sells/machines LWRC REPR barrels. Apparently everything is proprietary and hence nobody rebarrels them except for LWRC. I was hoping to get a barrel blank from Bartlein, Krieger, etc... and have someone like Compass Lake Engineering chamber, thread, and clock a barrel extension and the piston assembly. But that looks like it's a non-starter.

I will attempt to shoot the rifle this weekend. If it doesn't have the accuracy I expect for a $5500.00 rifle, I'll ask for a refund (Doubt that will happen) or put it up for sale. I tried uploading the bore scope video. No good. File is too large I think.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231130-192620_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231130-192620_Gallery.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20231130-192618_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231130-192618_Gallery.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20231130-192611_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231130-192611_Gallery.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 46
That looks like absolute dog shit. I’d send it right back to them and tell them not to send it back until it has a decent barrel on it.

Shoot it and see, I had a SS Proof barrel that had uneven lands just like you are seeing and it shot very well. However it gave up at 1,900 rounds in a 6.5 Creedmoor so I wasn't impressed with the barrel life.

I plan on doing just that; What bugs me is that LWRC could have the perfect rifle: Piston operated, Carbon Fiber Barrel, Side-charger and SHOULD be a real shooter. But they farmed out one of the more important aspects-chambering the barrel to Proof. IMHO, Proof AR barrels are junk...OR, you could get "lucky" and have one chambered on a Monday maybe and have good results. None of my Proof CF AR Barrels are great. Only my 2nd Proof CF 6.5 Creedmoor barrel shoots @ 1 MOA. The first one had steel projecting into the bore at the gas block. WAY worse than a simple "Burr" that could be lapped or shot out. The 2nd one was marginally better and the burr on the 2nd did lap out with compound and now shoots pretty well (MOA to Sub MOA from a magazine)

LWRC was supposed to swap out the original barrel to another. They said it "Passed Accuracy Testing", but never told me what their accuracy standard was, nor provided the test target. It just said Passed Accuracy Test on a piece of paper that shipped back with the rifle. Minute of Man? Minute of Barn? We'll see.

I plan on doing just that; What bugs me is that LWRC could have the perfect rifle: Piston operated, Carbon Fiber Barrel, Side-charger and SHOULD be a real shooter. But they farmed out one of the more important aspects-chambering the barrel to Proof. IMHO, Proof AR barrels are junk...OR, you could get "lucky" and have one chambered on a Monday maybe and have good results. None of my Proof CF AR Barrels are great. Only my 2nd Proof CF 6.5 Creedmoor barrel shoots @ 1 MOA. The first one had steel projecting into the bore at the gas block. WAY worse than a simple "Burr" that could be lapped or shot out. The 2nd one was marginally better and the burr on the 2nd did lap out with compound and now shoots pretty well (MOA to Sub MOA from a magazine)

LWRC was supposed to swap out the original barrel to another. They said it "Passed Accuracy Testing", but never told me what their accuracy standard was, nor provided the test target. It just said Passed Accuracy Test on a piece of paper that shipped back with the rifle. Minute of Man? Minute of Barn? We'll see.
I do not use Proof carbon fiber barrels, not a fan of any carbon fiber barrel and only have one in 22 LR...All of my Poof SS barrels are very accurate...all mine have no trouble shooting 1/2" or less 5 shot groups. Some in the 1/4" for 5 shots, in AR 10 & 15. And I've never had a bad chambering job,.. yet. If I did I'd send it back...or rechamber it myself. Bad rifling is just that, and needs replacement barrel.
Who ever builds a rifle is responsible for the quality you get, and the quality and fitment of all the parts involved in the build. The builder should inspect the barrel before installation, as well as all the other components in the build... especially in any high dollar build, as you are charged for all of it ...to run smoothly, and properly, with reasonable accuracy, with quality ammo...anything else and you got screwed, and they are not worthy of your business, especially if they are not willing to address legitimate and obvious complaints. That said, crap gets out the door of good businesses more often these days, and those who jump at the chance to fix your legitimate complaints are worthy of your repeated business.