• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proof Research Barrel Order Lead Time?

BigPrince

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 5, 2010
    GA,USA
    Hey guys, curious if anyone else has ordered any barrels from Proof Research lately? I ordered a 30cal 1:8tw 24" CF Sendero blank (standard part number 107881) from them in April(4/8) through Redhawk Rifles and still waiting. I understand and am sympathetic to the current firearm industry shortage/demand so this not meant to be a bitch thread rather just curious if anyone else has had any orders come in and how long that took or if you have heard any lead times from Proof or your vendor. I've asked Redhawk Rifles for an estimate or any kind of info multiple times and they say Proof is not giving them any updates. I reached out to Proof and they said they would not give me an answer and I needed to go through Redhawk so thought I'd phone a friend / poll the audience and see if anyone else had any info. I appreciate it!

ps - before the posts come, yes the next set of barrels will be Bartlein.

Last edited:
    Waiting on them also....my gunsmith ordered my barrel (carbon) direct from PROOF in April or May... he still has not received it!!

Not sure what the deal is with PROOF, but lead times are LONG and people are getting frustrated with them!!

I was told backlog is out to April and that was a few months ago.

I understand they are working on a large order for the military.

Ordered a 6mm SS blank back in June and was told it would be November.

Those are some rough lead times. I just order my Proof pre-fits from Altus, since they have up to date, in-stock inventory. Fairly regular shipments of 6CM and 6 Dasher available from them.

I ordered a PROOF Research, carbon fiber, 24", Sendero, 1:8 twist, 5/8-24 thread in February and it took just a few days shy of 6 months, was the longest I've ever waited for just a barrel.

Thanks all for sharing your experiences and info. Called Redhawk again today as I hadn't heard anything and seems they got an update 2weeks ago that I was about 5-6weeks out so perhaps 4weeks, looking like in December so that would put the barrel blank ordered in April at approx 8months. Will confirm when it happens but I wouldn't expect anything less than that for awhile when ordering a barrel from Proof.

Just got an email that my blank has shipped. Looks like lead times are accurate.
    Glad to hear. Perhaps the delays are on the CF side. Their 12-16week lead time when I ordered that I am now double that was wildly inaccurate. Hopefully their latest 4-6wk estimate they shared will be accurate.

Ordered a Prefit for Rimx in July, and Proof just told me 12/10. Seems to align with what most others are saying.

It's ok... the wait time has let me figure out what stock I want...

CF Barrel Blank showed up today. Almost 9mo wait. Didn't even hit their last time estimate.

Last proof blank I ever buy.

Reactions: toader
    just an update... mine was shipped on 12/9... then they said 12/10..about a 5 month wait

I ordered mine beginning of April, and received it beginning of September.

It was a 6.5 CM CF Tikka Prefit.

I waited for mine 6mos. as well, really like the barrel but unless PROOF Research steps up its game and creates more production capacity and decreases wait times I also will be looking elsewhere next time. That goes for other manufacturers of assorted parts as well; there is an increased demand because their has been an increased interest in long range shooting. About time supply catches up, especially when a carbon fiber barrel costs as much more than a steel barrel as it does, it can't be that they don't have the pesos to increase capacity and hire more Joes.

Last edited:
    This shit kinda makes me laugh, and to think we all bitch about waiting 6 months for a suppressor..
    My Rock Creek blank took 3 weeks

It wouldn't be smart to add multi million dollar machines just to catch up. It would need to be sustained growth for years to see any ROI.
    Proof has for years now not been Johnny on the spot when it came to delivering specific barrels, this year has just been excessively so, especially now that they have expanded their own production line of rifles, if they want to keep expanding and keep their foot in the barrel business as well it's way past time to invest and look at the huge ROI they've got coming. Keep dithering long enough and your clientele moves on. Nuff said.

Try Zermatt Arms, Impact, Defiance, Stiller and Terminus pre-fit orders. Savage with a PROOF cf barrel would be like a Yugo with a HEMI. Then again there are enough Hondas with spoilers on their trunk out there looking, and sounding like they are a B52 about to take flight LOL.
    And I do know that my TL3 has the the small shank thread tenon a la Savage, however that's where any similarity ends for any TL3 or Origin. Also the RimX orders have been decreasing capacity for regular offerings, time for PROOF to step up not just increase sortiment by variety.

Last edited:
    Hey guys, curious if anyone else has ordered any barrels from Proof Research lately? I ordered a 30cal 1:8tw 24" CF Sendero blank (standard part number 107881) from them in April(4/8) through Redhawk Rifles and still waiting. I understand and am sympathetic to the current firearm industry shortage/demand so this not meant to be a bitch thread rather just curious if anyone else has had any orders come in and how long that took or if you have heard any lead times from Proof or your vendor. I've asked Redhawk Rifles for an estimate or any kind of info multiple times and they say Proof is not giving them any updates. I reached out to Proof and they said they would not give me an answer and I needed to go through Redhawk so thought I'd phone a friend / poll the audience and see if anyone else had any info. I appreciate it!

ps - before the posts come, yes the next set of barrels will be Bartlein.

you could always buy a Bartlein Carbon Fiber blank.

Reactions: Stoweit and toader
    I am posting this as an FYI, not to break your heart.... In mid November, I ordered a Proof 6.5 PRC Carbon Fiber T3x prefit on a Sunday evening and had it in hand on Wednesday of the same week. I didn't go through Proof, but Midway USA, who had them in stock. They still have the 6.5 Creedmoor barrels in stock.
    Not to bust your chops but your Tikka T3x PROOF 6.5 Creedmoor prefits now show as "Special Order" with an ETA of 05/07/2021 on Midway USA, so much for same week. You happened to get lucky, be happy!

They show as a "Special" at Stocky's, why? Who knows, maybe because you'll have to wait a while. It shows you can order that's all. Wouldn't it be a bear if you ordered one thinking to get ahead of everyone else only to find out your order is backordered? As of right now I'd call any retailer before I'd place an order for a PROOF Research barrel, just to make sure the barrel is on hand in the specs you want. Being able to place one on order is different from being "in stock".

I bought a CF .308 blank from Stocky’s couple weeks ago. Had it in a couple of days.

Redeemed a cert for a AI prefit april 28. Was quoted mid September delivery. Asked about it last month was quoted dec -January time frame.

Nbd I don’t even need it. Would suck it i did

I bought a CF .308 blank from Stocky’s couple weeks ago. Had it in a couple of days.
    Good for you! However, general availability being what it is these days I'd still verify regardless where I'm ordering from that the barrel is on hand - period!

you could always buy a Bartlein Carbon Fiber blank.

Well that's obvious and was literally my last sentence that I would be buying Bartlein from now on. Bartlein CF hadn't been around long so I went with Proof. That was a mistake I won't be repeating.

Not to bust your chops but your Tikka T3x PROOF 6.5 Creedmoor prefits now show as "Special Order" with an ETA of 05/07/2021 on Midway USA, so much for same week. You happened to get lucky, be happy!

This post was about ordering from Proof. Of course retailers who have it in stock would be faster IF you can find it in stock.

My chops don't feel busted at all. Here is a screenshot that shows the 22" 6.5 Creedmoor in stock and ready to ship. I ordered the 6.5 PRC, which is no longer in stock.
    Screenshot_20201231-122706_Chrome.jpg

I am posting this as an FYI, not to break your heart.... In mid November, I ordered a Proof 6.5 PRC Carbon Fiber T3x prefit on a Sunday evening and had it in hand on Wednesday of the same week. I didn't go through Proof, but Midway USA, who had them in stock. They still have the 6.5 Creedmoor barrels in stock.
    That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to get yours so quick.

I had to order direct through Proof because they gave me special pricing. It was a long wait, but worth it for the price I paid.

Hopefully they can scale up production so people aren't waiting this long in the future.

That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to get yours so quick.

I had to order direct through Proof because they gave me special pricing. It was a long wait, but worth it for the price I paid.

Hopefully they can scale up production so people aren't waiting this long in the future.

I wasn't going to make an assumption about special pricing, but I figured that may have played a part in ordering directly from Proof.

Bottom line, though, is that these barrels rock and I will get another one if/when I put together another hunting rig.

Well that's obvious and was literally my last sentence that I would be buying Bartlein from now on. Bartlein CF hadn't been around long so I went with Proof. That was a mistake I won't be repeating.

This post was about ordering from Proof. Of course retailers who have it in stock would be faster IF you can find it in stock.
    I guess I don't understand the complaint then.. There are plenty of places that have a barrel in stock. Wait it out if you want.

I know you have a huge axe to grind in this thread so not to slow your roll or anything... But the 22" is in stock, so I don't think you're successfully busting anyones chops.

I know you have a huge axe to grind in this thread so not to slow your roll or anything... But the 22" is in stock, so I don't think you're successfully busting anyones chops.
    No axe to grind, when I followed the posted lead both options were listed as out of stock, however I'm glad you and all the others are restlessly happy with the current availability. Too bad screenshots can't be posted any bigger. As I said I love the PROOF carbon fiber barrels and if availability doesn't increase and leads decrease I'll look somewhere else next time unless I'm looking to build a brush gun, which isn't likely based on location.

Try Zermatt Arms, Impact, Defiance, Stiller and Terminus pre-fit orders. Savage with a PROOF cf barrel would be like a Yugo with a HEMI. Then again there are enough Hondas with spoilers on their trunk out there looking, and sounding like they are a B52 about to take flight LOL.
    And I do know that my TL3 has the the small shank thread tenon a la Savage, however that's where any similarity ends for any TL3 or Origin. Also the RimX orders have been decreasing capacity for regular offerings, time for PROOF to step up not just increase sortiment by variety.

I think he was referring to these rifles when talking about keeping up with savage demand. This was a factory rifle released from savage earlier this year

Attachments

• 21304051-DD2C-445C-82F0-4AADBA62CCE2.png
      21304051-DD2C-445C-82F0-4AADBA62CCE2.png
      634 KB · Views: 49