• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Proof Research NSW Recce barrel borescope

shark101au

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2013
I purchased this barrel from Optics Planet a month ago. It has not been used yet, just had a patch run through it. I just bought a borescope and had a look inside, I was quite surprised by the finish (Below is the video). So should I be concerned about the finish of this $350 barrel or not?

Borescope Video

This is he response I received from PR when I sent them the video....

Good afternoon Christian,

So that is normal for that barrel because it is one of our button barrels, the rest of our barrels are cut rifled which is why the bore looks more spotless than those.

If you have any more questions, please let me know!

Thank you

I see no cause for concern, put bullets through it and tell us how it shoots.
Use your borescope as a cleaning tool, and don't worry about what it looks like inside new.

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
Doesn't look too bad. Does the throat look cut evenly?
Not to me, and upon inspecting a lot of barrels after noting one of mine was not 100% true, and freaking out of it, I have yet to see one from FN, BCM, or anyone else that DOES appear to be 100% "true". I have also shot many of these and they shoot great.

Last edited:
Looks like its got some schmutz in it but for something that has had an oversized object pulled trough its undersized bore it looks to have a finer finish than I would have expected.

The only problem I see is it hasn't been shot. It's all bench racing until you put a hole in paper.