• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proof steel Competition Contour prefits

BoilerUP

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2011
Floyd Co, IN
Been mostly out of shooting the last few years for work, starting to get back into it....

Proof's website shows their steel prefit barrels are Competition Contour, which at 26" length have a muzzle thread shoulder of 1.013" and a weight of 7lb 5oz.

Can anybody confirm the Dana 44 specifications of this barrel being larger/heavier than a Bartlein MTU?

Thanks

Proof comp is full diameter for twice as long as the mtu and would finish thicker as well. The proof is .937” at 32” and the mtu is .930 at 26”
1708002704158.jpeg

IMG_2864.jpeg

Thanks y'all....if I get one I better eat my Wheaties (and get a chassis with a long forearm and heavy rear).

26” Comp contour 6CM
IMG_1002.jpeg

A couple steel LoP spacers in a bravo might balance out okay. I used a heavy angled bag rider on a W3 with that barrel + suppressor, arca, arca spigot & nv bridge, and that balanced well for me.

I’ve moved down to a 24” M24 and I’ve got a heavy Palma blank waiting in the wings. A 24” M24 6CM is 5 pounds 12 oz for reference.

Reactions: BoilerUP
Proof still does an M24 if you want to go lighter.