• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proof that Democrats don't want us to win wars

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 25, 2017
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12...n-tatters.html

BAGHDAD – Hundreds of ISIS fighters had just been chased out of a northern Syrian city and were fleeing through the desert in long convoys, presenting an easy target to U.S. A-10 "warthogs." But the orders to bomb the black-clad jihadists never came, and the terrorists melted into their caliphate -- living to fight another day. The events came in August 2016, even as then-Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump was vowing on the campaign trail to let generals in his administration crush the organization that, under President Obama, had grown from the “jayvee team” to the world’s most feared terrorist organization.

“I will…quickly and decisively bomb the hell out of ISIS,” Trump, who would name legendary Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis as secretary of defense, promised. “We will not have to listen to the politicians who are losing the war on terrorism." - Presidential candidate Donald Trump

the military’s job -- to take back the land ISIS claimed as its caliphate and liberate cities like Mosul, in Iraq, and Raqqa, in Syria, as well as countless smaller cities and villages, is largely done. And it has taken less than a year.

“The leadership team that is in place right now has certainly enabled us to succeed,” Brig. Gen. Andrew Croft, the ranking U.S. Air Force officer in Iraq, told Fox News. “I couldn’t ask for a better leadership team to work for, to enable the military to do what it does best.”

“We really had one mandate and that was enable the Iraqi Security Forces to defeat ISIS militarily here in Anbar. I feel that we have achieved that mission,” Folsom said. “I never felt constrained. In a lot of ways, I felt quite liberated because we had a clear mandate and there was no questioning that.” - LCOL Seth Folsom, USMC

“We were able to focus on what our job was without distraction and I think that goes a long way in what we are trying to accomplish here,” - BGEN Robert Sofge, USMC

“I was not optimistic when Trump first came to the office,” “But after a while I started to see a new approach, the way the U.S. was dealing with arming and training. I saw how the coalition forces were all moving faster to help the Iraq side more than before. There seemed to be a lot of support, under Obama we did not get this.” - BGEN Yahya Rasool, Iraq Ministry of Defense

And there you have it...........

Last edited:
    For the Democrat leadership the purpose of war in not to defend America, for them the purpose is to drain away American resources and leave us weaker. Like Obama they hate America and think that America has been on top for too long and their purpose is to make us weaker.

Where do those guys fit in with the Democrat party of today? The only thing I see that they have in common with today's Democrat leaders is Roosevelt's lust for perpetual unfettered power. Truman seems to have been a pretty good man.

Just waxing nostalgically...

Something was spoken about in Bretton Woods during the closing days of the war.

A bunch of people justifiably shocked by the carnage of the war came up with the idea that the world would be better controlled by a small elite and the "planet" would be "managed" as a whole rather than as a bunch of individual nation states.

Its another in a long line of Utopian endeavors, perhaps the greatest yet. Fruitlands had nothing on this.

and despite the history of Utopian failure these people in their arrogance felt sure it would work this time under their superior intellect.

Well it wont work, as the people at the top are always corrupted by their power.

The United States is a threat to its working as we do not have a culture accepting of this "management" nor does our Constitution allow for it by design.

The Dems and the NeoCons are invested in this world view. John McCain just lamented that Trump was threatening all that had been established in the post war world.

Utopia has its merits I guess but the reality of human nature makes it an untenable achievement.

Last edited:
    Might want to read up on the Lincoln/McClellan presidential campaign and the latter party's view on the war. In short, its not a recent stance.

Might want to read up on the Lincoln/McClellan presidential campaign and the latter party's view on the war. In short, its not a recent stance.

Yep they have been fighting the same fight since than. They have just broadened their base and accepted people that in the not to distant past they wouldn't accept.

Yep they have been fighting the same fight since than. They have just broadened their base and accepted people that in the not to distant past they wouldn't accept.

Still haven't accepted those folks. Just found new ways to get them back on the plantation, only this time the govt plantation workers are celebrating it.