• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proof Tikka T1X

K80/6.5

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2019
Kirkwood, Missouri
Has anyone tried out the proof prefit for the t1x and if so where did you order from. I just noticed proof added it to there website.

That would be a good looking rifle.
Does your barrel not shoot well now or is it just to try something new?

It shoots okay I doubt I would replace the barrel just noticed it was new on the website. I think I would just have to buy a vudoo instead of replacing the barrel.

I looked at ordering one, but i wasn’t able to order directly through proof, i had to locate a dealer. I don’t have much free time with a new born in the house, so i opted for a different prefit barrel since i could just email and order.

i shot a vudoo, its smooth for sure, but not overly impressed for the money.

Cheapest I found was $529.00

nakoa1 had one on his CZ457 and it shot pretty well. 529 + ~$450 is almost $1,000 for a tikka before a stock.

How would it stack up to a B14r

my wife’s T1x shoots extremely well with the OEM barrel. A CF barrel would be for looks.

Anyone considering a prefit barrel on a T1x should watch the 8541 Tactical video on installing a Lothar Walther barrel. A real nightmare, and it wasn’t the new barrel that was the problem.