• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Propaganda and advertising....hand and hand.

fpgt72

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2019
I have thought about sticking this in response to some comments in several other threads going on, but think it might do better standing on its own.

This really goes into the propaganda of advertising, they really are the same thing. How one guy figured out how to move the mass of humans for trends of everything from smoking to colors.

It is pretty long almost 30 minutes, but I really think it is worth the watch. The part about well we can't call it propaganda that has a bad sound to it, lets call it something else is really interesting.

And in other news… dog bites man.

It is a good rabbit hole to go down. Like the fact that 90 percent of commercials now show fat, ugly, incontinent mixed-race non-binary eskimos with downs kids at the dinner table.

It’s all propaganda driven by woke Madison Avenue activists with huge budgets being funded by…you!

Bud Light should have been a wake up. Stop buying, the propaganda stops because the money dries up. The execs get fired. And the products are not used as propaganda.

And while you are at it… look at the food pyramid… ;-)

Cheers!

Sirhr

Reactions: vwhugger
It is the history behind it that I found interesting. And the part about the colors and lucky strike. Make this color a cool color, ok easy. Make it ok for women to smoke, ok.

Just how they went about it is really interesting.

You know they are doing it, it was nice knowing just HOW they do it.

qhwB0MG2nGKg.png

Reactions: atomic41

Read this:
1695896023410.png

It was done in the 90's, so some things you read you go.....if you could only see it now, you did not know just how right you are.

A very good book, and when you walk away from it, I will bet money you will walk away thinking of TV in a different way.

Reactions: 6.5SH