• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Proper M40A3 Optic?

Zion4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2011
New York
I've finally ordered a mil-spec M40A3 from GAP and want to get an equally high-quality optic for it. I was originally thinking of going with a USO SN-3, but I've (partially) decided that if I am paying as much as I am for the rifle to be mil-spec, it would be cool and worth it as well to get the mil-spec scope. I've seen the actual M8541 USMC scopes but I cannot afford the extra 1000-2000 dollars extra for the legitimate scopes.

http://eurooptic.com/schmidt-bender-pmii-3-12x50-l-p-gen-ii-mildot-mrad-mtc-ccw.aspx

I found this SB on PMII and I thought was basically an exact M8541 scope without the USMC labeling and a different elevation knob, but I wanted to check before I went and accidentally spent $3500. Is this the closest/most accurate civilian PMII to the M8541? If not, which would be the most similar civilian model?

Schmidt-Bender-PMII-3-12x50-L-P-Gen-II-Mildot-MRAD-MTC-CCW.jpg

Schmidt-Bender-PMII-3-12x50-L-P-Gen-II-Mildot-MRAD-MTC-CCW-turret.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Re: Proper M40A3 Optic?

Thanks for the confirmation. I will be putting in a order for this today.

Re: Proper M40A3 Optic?

I have the same scope, and ordered it through EuroOptic as well. You won't be disappointed.