• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Proper Use of the JBM?

Doc Holiday13

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2008
LoCo, VA
Well I've been trying to stretch my wings with my 6.8SPC. I don't have a chrono, but fortunately for me I just recently downloaded a ballistics calculator for my motorola Q so it help a lot. I input all my data with the numbers I found posted about the 6.8SPC and bullets I was using

I basically plugged different speeds with the weather readings from the day into the JBM calculator until it matched what I was seeing on the target. Based on what I was seeing on the target I'm throwing 90grain TNT's at roughly 2950 fps.

Is this right?

Re: Proper Use of the JBM?

what distance were you shooting? Unless you were at 525 yards or further then discrepancies in the data and actuals will not be apparent.

no way to really tell then - buy a chrono.

Even with a chrono and a program you still have to verify your data at and out beyond 525 yds if you want to have reliable LR data. Been covered here many times - the only real come-up data is verified come-up data.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NineHotel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no way to really tell then - buy a chrono.

Even with a chrono and a program you still have to verify your data at and out beyond 525 yds if you want to have reliable LR data. Been covered here many times - the only real come-up data is verified come-up data. </div></div>

Methinks I need to push to get over to the 600 yard range

Chrono is damn close.

With JBM, I was within 1 MOA, though.