• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes PROS AND CONS..USO OR PRH SCOPES

Foweis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2009
New mexico, USA
HELLO everyone, new hear great forum with great people, now my topic is simple im trying to decide what would be a better choice for me, between a prh 5-25, or a uso 3.8-22.
both play a tactical role, just cant decide wich one???

THANKS GUYS!!

Re: PROS AND CONS..USO OR PRH SCOPES

NotThisShitAgain.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foweis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
both play a tactical role</div></div>

Do you?

I wear a straw hat to the range. It helps to conceal me from the steel plates as I lay still in the brush.

WELL NO BUT WOULD LIKE TO. CURRENTLY JUST MID LONGRANGE SHOOTING WITH A SUPER SNIPER, AND NOW FINALLY HAVE THE FUNDS TO GET SOMETHING SPECIAL.

THATS SOME FUNNY STUFF. HAHAHAHAHHAHA

"I wear a straw hat to the range. It helps to conceal me from the steel plates as I lay still in the brush"

If you like the features the PH comes with, go for it, if not then custom order a USO with what you want. Its that simple.

When do you need it?? That could be a major deciding factor, unless you are buying the USO used. The USO will also run quite a bit more than the PH if you get all of the fixins'. I think the one I bought new was a little over 3k. But the USO would be my choice if wait wasn't a problem.

I'm sure you will be happy with either, though.

WELL PUT USMCj. i guess i just pissed everyone off with this thread. sorry just another sorry ass noob!!!

Dont sweat it, we just like giving noobs a hard time with their first post. Welcome to the hide
laugh.gif

Lets work through this quick on a point by point

Welcome to the hide

Please fill out your profile

Wherever you are find people in your area. There is no “best scope” you need to define and find that for yourself. Both that you mentioned have their advantages and disadvantages, proponents and detractors.

Do some of the lifting and you will find what works for YOU.

Well i was hoping that was it..almost got devistated to be hated on first post. :(, now im happy
smile.gif

My personal drug of choice is USO, but if I come by a used PH for a good price, I wouldnt hesitate to give it a try.

I think the best thing for me to do is just hang around the OPTICS FOR SALE FORUM. and snatch whatever comes first as a good deal. What do you guys think?

I would suggest enrolling in a few precision rifle classes and take them with your super sniper. Spend some time checking out other peoples gear and optics, and listen to what the instructors have to say about optics. You will learn pretty quick what you need vs what you think you might need and what someone on a forum thinks you need.

For a casual shooter a 10x super sniper might be just fine. But for someone else it might not. You will never know til you spend some time training and learning what works and what does not for your needs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foweis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the best thing for me to do is just hang around the OPTICS FOR SALE FORUM. and snatch whatever comes first as a good deal. What do you guys think? </div></div>

Great idea! Grab a 12 pack, put on your depends and keep hitting refresh! Some great deals can be had now with the economy the way it is.

Hi i just went through the same question and came up with a premier if buying new the Premier 5-25 is a grand less than a S&B the USO sounds good value aswell until you add the extras like liiumination and errec knobs it is between the Premier and S&B on price. I think the Premier is the clearest scope i have looked through and i have looked through only 2 USO's they were 22 power and a lot of S&B's and my pic is the premier. Not saying hte other 2 are not good scopes but the premier in my mind is the best value for money awsome.

prplhaz72....well i have a couple longrange rifles. dpms lr-308 w/24" barrel, and then i got a 700 LTR, originaly i had a ss scope on the dpms, then moved it to the LTR.. looking for a better scope for the ltr then gonna put the ss back on the dpms, so either way i need a scope.

another Q, do you think 3-15x, and 3.2-17x would be better power ranges to look at? or is it just personal prefrence.

I would still take some classes. You might not need a $3,000 scope. For the average joe blow it is just not necessary. Besides you will learn more in the classes and become a much better shooter than you ever will by just buying a $3000 scope. How many people do we see who does just that. They buy $7,000 worth of rifle and scope and still wonder why they cannot make good hits beyond 500 yards.

Become the shooter first. Then get the fancy gear that can compliment your skill. You already have good enough stuff to become a good shooter.

prplhaz72..well how would i search for classes in my area? i would love to take classes but i dont no what kind of classes and were to take them??

Go here:

http://www.nrawc.org/

Start reading, report back what you think you should do at that point. You're as close and as good as it gets to one of the best places around.

Edit:

FWIW, my pick is the USO. But I've never looked through a Premium. Some swear by S&B, I wasn't impressed. I must've gotten a dirty or bad scope somehow. True Zeiss are outstanding scopes as well. But, none offer all the things you want like USO.

PH Scope "Pro" - I have one!
laugh.gif

USO Scope "Con" - I don't have one.
frown.gif

Seriously, both are awesome. If you "want it your way" go with USO if you cool with ordering from the menu get a PH.

PH Scope "Pro" - I have one!

+1

I have the 5-25 and it seems great to me, although I think that I like my brother's S&B PMII a bit better- maybe a bit brighter, but not $1k better to me. (Could just be a grass is greener thing. They are pretty close.) Haven't seen a us optics.

Call Scott at Liberty Optics- he'll get you a sweet deal.

BTW- I have just started posting as well- I didn't even get made fun of. You should feel lucky.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PH Scope "Pro" - I have one!

BTW- I have just started posting as well- I didn't even get made fun of. You should feel lucky. </div></div>

Ask a question that has been covered a billion times, and you will.

i no just some boddy suggested to put a post for my answer, plus i got too excited to actually open my own topic, so i did. but i would like to thank all you guys for your great and helpful replies.