• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pros/Cons McMillan A3? Anyone use one?

KPK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2009
Oklahoma
Any of you guys use this stock? I don't find much info on them, but having had one for a minute I really like the feel. Where I'm hung up is the intended purpose.

I'm building a 7mm SAUM mainly for hunting, but want it a decent weight and not terribly bulky. I've thought of the HTG, but wanting a higher comb and a straighter grip. Then I think A3 Sporter, but there is something weird about the forend I can't get over.

Is the A3 what I need?

Re: Pros/Cons McMillan A3? Anyone use one?

Sounds like it. I bought one off the hide with the edge technology, weighs 31 oz. Awesome stock!

Yup unless you one up it and go with a A3-5.I like the A3 forend much more then the A5.

If you want vertical grip without much bulk you will like the A3 and no it won't be so bulky as an A2, 4, or 5. Handle the A3 Sporter before you ultimately mark it out. I have one on order and was having second thoughts until I finally got to handle one and liked it, even with the shelf on the foreend.