• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Protect your dog from mystery respiaory disease,

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Basically keep yours away from theirs. Most dog illness gets transferred at dog parks.

Side note. As if you needed additional reasons to hate Portland.
    In Portland it’s legal for furries to go to the bathroom and/or have sex in public dog parks.

Basically keep yours away from theirs. Most dog illness gets transferred at dog parks.

In Portland it’s legal for furries to go to the bathroom and/or have sex in public dog parks.
    Sad how the libtards have ruined such a beautiful city.

Reactions: BCP

Nuke it from orbit.
    Just 2 posts away we have topic about eating dogs.
    Same OP...

Reactions: 232593 and Maggot
    Be a hoot if it turns out that their lab-grown coronavirus went and jumped species, wouldn't it?
    Guess big pharma's looking to push gene therapy injections for pets and livestock next.

• Sad
    Reactions: Maggot
    Be a hoot if it turns out that their lab-grown coronavirus went and jumped species, wouldn't it?
    Guess big pharma's looking to push gene therapy injections for pets and livestock next.
    Get them hoked, keep them hooked.

It was my understanding they already use them.

We're also getting some extremely resistant hookworms these days. It was discovered in/around greyhound tracks initially a couple years ago, but is now being found in multiple breeds. We just had our first in our clinic a few weeks ago - toy poodle. This particular hookworm will not be cleared with your usual pyrantel or fenbendizole (praziquantel is for tapeworms).

I suspect the usual gradual mutation over time, but under-dosing has probably helped increase that rate. I state that because at least 2-3 times per month we see a breeder that has puppies on death's door that are loaded with hookworms...and the breeder swears that they are deworming.

There were a lot of reports a couple years ago of a new parvo out of the Michigan area too...but university research showed that it was simply the same old parvovirus, and that its spread was because dog owners weren't vaccinating properly.

^ I feel the need to caveat by saying that I never got the jab (before I have an anti-vaxxer jump on me). I totally distrust the gub'ment. However, basic animal vaccine protocols are the equivalent of getting the MMR, IPC, DTaP etc...for your kids.

Reactions: FWoo45 and Maggot
    We're also getting some extremely resistant hookworms these days. It was discovered in/around greyhound tracks initially a couple years ago, but is now being found in multiple breeds. We just had our first in our clinic a few weeks ago - toy poodle. This particular hookworm will not be cleared with your usual pyrantel or fenbendizole (praziquantel is for tapeworms).

I suspect the usual gradual mutation over time, but under-dosing has probably helped increase that rate. I state that because at least 2-3 times per month we see a breeder that has puppies on death's door that are loaded with hookworms...and the breeder swears that they are deworming.

There were a lot of reports a couple years ago of a new parvo out of the Michigan area too...but university research showed that it was simply the same old parvovirus, and that its spread was because dog owners weren't vaccinating properly.

^ I feel the need to caveat by saying that I never got the jab (before I have an anti-vaxxer jump on me). I totally distrust the gub'ment. However, basic animal vaccine protocols are the equivalent of getting the MMR, IPC, DTaP etc...for your kids.
    Theres differences between vaccines. Many have done a lot of good. The whole Covid thing is a hoax for money.

When I was complaining bout the high cost of Heartguard, my vet turned me onto Ivermectin in the commercial form. I've been giving it to mine for 3-4 years now and it seems to cover a lot of bases. Since I started no worms, she doesnt even get ticks or fleas and it a LOT cheaper at the farm store.

Reactions: diggler1833
    Theres differences between vaccines. Many have done a lot of good. The whole Covid thing is a hoax for money.

When I was complaining bout the high cost of Heartguard, my vet turned me onto Ivermectin in the commercial form. I've been giving it to mine for 3-4 years now and it seems to cover a lot of bases. Since I started no worms, she doesnt even get ticks or fleas and it a LOT cheaper at the farm store.

Ivermectin is "pretty decent" for hookworms and roundworms, and it is great for demodectic mange and some mites.

It does nothing for fleas or ticks though. It also does not get rid of tapeworms.

*Edited to add that there are generic equivalents - just like Tylenol - and that you can shop around. Tri-Heart is a pretty good alternative to Heartguard.

Reactions: Maggot