• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proud Boy

Graywolf.260

rocket surgeon
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2010
Refuge des cosmiques

Proud Boys Leader Secretly Cooperated With F.B.I. and Police​

Enrique Tarrio, the chairman of the far-right nationalist group, which is under increasing scrutiny for its role in the Capitol riot, helped to convict more than a dozen people.​

Jan. 27, 2021, 6:35 p.m. ET
Enrique Tarrio, who took over leadership of the Proud Boys three years ago, has a criminal history dating to at least 2004.

Enrique Tarrio, who took over leadership of the Proud Boys three years ago, has a criminal history dating to at least 2004. Victor J. Blue for The New York Times

Enrique Tarrio, the chairman of the Proud Boys, a far-right nationalist group that is a major target of the sprawling investigation into the riot at the Capitol this month, has a history of cooperating with law enforcement, according to court records and a former prosecutor.
The stunning revelation that Mr. Tarrio, who leads one of the country’s most notorious extremist groups, helped the F.B.I. and local police departments go after more than a dozen criminal defendants about a decade ago was first reported by Reuters on Wednesday.
The news emerged as Mr. Tarrio himself has fallen under scrutiny for his role in encouraging the Proud Boys to attend a “Stop the Steal” rally in Washington on Jan. 6, after which a mob of hundreds broke into the Capitol, disrupting the final certification of the presidential election.
“Mr. Tarrio was a cooperator — like many who seek to provide information and try to obtain substantial assistance,” the former prosecutor, Vanessa S. Johannes, wrote in an email.
The court transcript, which documents a hearing in 2014 where Mr. Tarrio sought to reduce his own sentence in a fraud case, shows that he helped law enforcement officers in his home state, Florida, to investigate and prosecute criminal enterprises, including an illegal gambling business, a marijuana grow lab, an operation that sold anabolic steroids and an immigrant smuggling ring.
Mr. Tarrio did not respond to messages from The New York Times seeking comment, but he denied to Reuters that he had ever worked undercover or cooperated with law enforcement.
“I don’t know any of this,” he said. “I don’t recall any of this.”
Mr. Tarrio, 36, has been a focus of the F.B.I.’s enormous inquiry into the Capitol attack, which has led so far to more than 150 arrests, including those of at least six members of the Proud Boys. The group of self-described “Western chauvinists” has a history of scuffling in street fights with left-wing antifascist activists and has made a name for itself in recent years for its vocal — and often violent — support of former President Donald J. Trump.
Although Mr. Tarrio went to Washington earlier this month, he was arrested by the local police on suspicion of burning a Black Lives Matter banner torn from one of the city’s Black churches during a separate round of protests in December.
After he was thrown out of the city by a judge, he posted messages online encouraging the Proud Boys to attend the rally on Jan. 6, not in their typical black-and-yellow polo shirts, but instead “incognito.” Federal agents cited the messages in their criminal complaint against one of Mr. Tarrio’s top lieutenants, Joseph Biggs, who was arrested last week.
Mr. Tarrio’s criminal history reaches back to at least 2004 when he was convicted of stealing a $50,000 motorcycle. In 2012, he was charged with fraud in Miami in connection with a scheme to sell loads of diabetes test kits that co-defendants had stolen from a truck in Kentucky and was sentenced to 30 months in prison. “He was kind of like the marketing person,” his lawyer, Jeffrey Feiler, said at the time.
In July 2014, Mr. Feiler went to court to ask a federal judge to reduce Mr. Tarrio’s sentence, arguing that his client had cooperated “in a significant way” in two other federal cases, leading to the prosecution of 13 people. Mr. Feiler also noted that Mr. Tarrio had worked undercover for police departments in Miami and Hialeah, at times putting himself at risk.
“I find that the defendant has provided substantial assistance in the investigation and prosecution of other persons involved in criminal conduct,” the judge in Mr. Tarrio’s case, Joan A. Lenard, ruled.
She ultimately cut his sentence to 16 months.
While there is no evidence that Mr. Tarrio has continued to help the authorities fight crime, Mr. Feiler believed at the time that his client was good at it.
“Frankly, in all the years, which is now more than 30 that I’ve been doing this,” he said at the hearing, “I’ve never had a client as prolific in terms of cooperating in any respect.”
Alan Feuer covers courts and criminal justice for the Metro desk. He has written about mobsters, jails, police misconduct, wrongful convictions, government corruption and El Chapo, the jailed chief of the Sinaloa drug cartel. He joined The Times in 1999. @alanfeuer

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Edgecrusher
Is there seriously anybody that couldn't have predicted this?

I would think if Tarrio was really informing on his fellow Proud Boys and the like for the FBI we would not have all his old dirt dumped now in this way, rather he would be protected. While anything is possible, I'd bet he refused to become an informer or worse for the FBI and they're trying to throw his name in the dirt among his supporters as punishment for not cooperating and as a move by the FBI and other shady Feds to replace him with another leader in Proud Boys they can control.

I would think if Tarrio was really informing on his fellow Proud Boys and the like for the FBI we would not have all his old dirt dumped now in this way, rather he would be protected. While anything is possible, I'd bet he refused to become an informer or worse for the FBI and they're trying to throw his name in the dirt among his supporters as punishment for not cooperating and as a move by the FBI and other shady Feds to replace him with another leader in Proud Boys they can control.

He passed the expiration date.
With the ongoing crackdown, there is no shortage of new 'informers' on any group FBI might be cracking on. FBI might be corrupt and largely incompetent but turning folks to informers is easy when you can dish out draconian sentences for minor stuff.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ty-ga...n-whitmer-pleads-guilty-and-turns-on-his-pals

Reactions: Blutroop
This is from "Totalitarism for dummies - original edition":

Chapter II - how to rule, subsection Opposition, paragraph 2

"When would be dictator aspires to control population one must readily assemble opposition to himself. Appoint trusted persons (handling of trusted persons -> must see Chapter III - how to "rotate" trusted persons, paragraph 1) need to find useful idiots to mobilize opposition. Carefully record membership and wait until their numbers are high and they start to lift their head. When most of the members are identified proceed with liquidation (effective liquidation methods -> see Chapter V - Dealing with enemies)."

Hi,

LOLOLOL The ol "I don't recall any of this" defense.

Typically only used at the advise of legal counsel as a way to not admit it but not deny it either.....

Sincerely,
Theis
Regan used the same defense..."I have no memory of this."

He was likely suffering from early alzheimers.
I think it more likely that he knew there was no direct link to him and even if something came up who can say what another person remembers.

The court transcript, which documents a hearing in 2014 where Mr. Tarrio sought to reduce his own sentence in a fraud case, shows that he helped law enforcement officers in his home state, Florida, to investigate and prosecute criminal enterprises, including an illegal gambling business, a marijuana grow lab, an operation that sold anabolic steroids and an immigrant smuggling ring.

the man help police stop drug dealers and human traffickers!?!?!...WHAT A MONSTER!.....THIS IS CLEARLY UNDENIABLE PROOF HES A WHITE SUPREMACIST!

Hi,

LOLOLOL The ol "I don't recall any of this" defense.

Typically only used at the advise of legal counsel as a way to not admit it but not deny it either.....

Sincerely,
Theis
to be fair...whats he gonna say?......"yup, i helped convict drug dealers and human trafficers....that was 100% me that turned you in Manuel and Carlito"

dude would get clapped ASAP.....hell, i bet theres already a hit out on him.....hell, given the lengths the media goes through to protect their "anonymous sources".....something tells me exposing him and having some cartel member take him out was their plan all along.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jgunner
Law enforcement agencies have been putting pressure on people to be informants for a very long time. So learning that someone has been cooperating to keep their ass out of prison is no big surprise.

If anything, I am surprised that people would be naive enough to think someone WOULDN'T cooperate with law enforcement to keep their ass out of jail. Sure, there is the ideal that all the crooks, freedom fighters, and anyone else who is approached to become an informant would say they wouldn't turn informant, but the reality is that most people will do whatever it takes to stay out of jail.

I'm sorry, I think this is nothing but a smear campaign. It's another one of those, "When did you stop beating your wife" questions.

Since when were white supremacists led by "Afro-Cuban Americans"?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Haven’t most of the white power vandalism events on campuses come from the hands of minorities trying to stir the pot?

I mean how many legit skin heads are in the US?
I remember some stats I used to trigger folks with on facebook, according to FBI and FDA (think it was FDA who tracked it), there are more people who have pet tigers then people who are white supremacists in the US.

So if he was an informant, they outed him so his people would take him out, or he wasn’t an informant and they want his people to think he is, to take him out. Well played 🤣

So if he was an informant, they outed him so his people would take him out, or he wasn’t an informant and they want his people to think he is, to take him out. Well played 🤣

Don’t think the proud boys are taking people out.

Amazing how the corp media and state turned them into the boogie man.