• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proud Day - Took my son shooting!

johnnycat

Average on my best day
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2011
U.S.A.
I have worked with my 8-year-old son a little with BB guns and a .22 with iron sights. He kinda got the idea, but not very well and didn't particularly enjoy shooting.

I decided to take a chance so I bought him a youth CZ 452 and mounted a fixed power 6x Leupold scope. The results were amazing! He has really taken to shooting with a scope and was busting small clay discs and Zombie targets at 25-40 yards until we ran out of targets.

I can't say enough about the youth CZ 452 - it fit him well and seems to be an accurate little rifle.

riflesmall.jpg

Re: Proud Day - Took my son shooting!

Pic didnt work for me, but congrats on your Father/Son day! Its an awesome feeling to have your little one next to you on the range.

Thanks for getting your boy interested in the shooting sports. And I'm glad you guys had fun!

Congrats on a wonderful day,I am also ready to get my kids behind the rifles their just a little to young

It doesn't get much better than that! I only have the one daughter and she is also a rso at the range. Chip off the ol block.
We also have "pop gun night" (.22) at the range once a month and have a friendly little contest for them broken onto three age groups. You should see those kids beam with pride when they win 1st 2nd or 3rd place trophies! Makes working Saturday night worth it!!!

love it, taking your kid shooting with Zombie targets!
smile.gif
thats great!

Here it is. Very awesome! Good for you...and him! A father had his son and daughter out shooting the AR 15 today. Was great to see.

Outstanding! Still a year away with my oldest.

Thanks DCR! I'm still learning this forum stuff.

My son(age 10) loves going to the range with me. We have a lot of fun. He has a R700 .243 and got his first deer this year with it. He has shot my GAP10 several times and wears my AR15 out everytime we go.
I love seeing kids at the range.

Great way for a father and his son to spend the day together. I remember my dad doing the same thing with me when I was young. I was so proud when he bought me my first .22 for my 12th birthday. Been shooting ever since. Congrats.

Can't wait for my 2 boys to get old enough, but then I guess I will never have enough ammo.