• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prowler sled question

WPG

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2002
USA
Gents,

I am having one built by a friend. The owner of my local gym is allowing me to use it in the parking lot.
Question: What type of material to use on the bottom metal feet (skids) that will not damage the asphalt on the parking lot?

Thanks

I had one that I ran on asphalt with steel feet and it didn't do any damage. The worst you saw in the Summer when it got hot was fresh black streaks where the blacktop heated up and this was at my apartment and they redo it every year.

The gym I train at has steel feet as well, the parking lot is not as well maintained, and you can't notice anything.

We had to replace all of the feet on our Prowlers about a year ago because they were used on the asphalt parking lot. Don't sweat the parking lot. The metal is the part that's gonna lose that battle. Cheers!

I've built about a bakers dozen of em and concur with the rest,steel feet doesn't tear up the asphalt. I built two with 1/2" UHMV cutting board type material and counter sunk hardware. Didn't last long at all, with daily use. 1/4" bent in my press break were first few, then went 3/8th on the rest. They wear out,just water jet out some new ones and slap em on.

Last edited: