• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk PRS 2023 finale AUS

iceng

Non-Privates
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2017
South Aus
The aussie finale had Friday practice today. Big weekend of shooting. Anyone interested in updates, pics, match book, stages ? We have a few sponsored shooters who qual'd, plus multiple others talking pics and video. Quite a few company rep's present too.

The aussie finale had Friday practice today. Big weekend of shooting. Anyone interested in updates, pics, match book, stages ? We have a few sponsored shooters who qual'd, plus multiple others talking pics and video. Quite a few company rep's present too.
Sure, why not. There may be a nerd from the US there.

• Haha
Reactions: Patty and iceng
20231014_100820.jpg

He mumbled something about wanting a mulligan.. no one can understand his accent.

20231014_103420.jpg

Anthony Collie shooting from NZ.

20231014_102911.jpg

Matt Butternuts representing Team AI

20231014_105211.jpg

Dave Taylor from Team ICE / MANAEL, also Kahles. Won MIL/LE last year, fight for it this year also.

Reactions: MANAEL
20231014_111405.jpg

Shaun (Norm) Lawson for Team MPA, Leupold and supported by Ignition Custom Eng (Team ICE).

Reactions: Patty
20231014_111628.jpg

Luke Mckennie for Delta Tactical and Nightforce. Previous series winner in 2019

Memory says he had a ZCO previously ? Got a bunch more pics, videos, etc... more to follow.
Nightforce.
Hardys have been the NZ dealer for NF for a while now.

Hopefully they've lost the dealership and the NF pricing stops being ridiculous.

Reactions: iceng
Got a bunch more vids and pics to post. Will do it in a few hours. LOTS to sift thru.

Excuse my ignorance, is tripod deployment on the clock? Lots of tripod rear support there where I wouldn’t necessarily use it, but these guys are pros and I’m not, so I’m probably missing something.

Excuse my ignorance, is tripod deployment on the clock? Lots of tripod rear support there where I wouldn’t necessarily use it, but these guys are pros and I’m not, so I’m probably missing something.
Not on the clock, all gear in hand as is most national matches these days. The Australians shooters shoot with a lot of tripod rear since they have been accustomed to much less stable props on average than what is in the states. I definitely think it is overused at times, I didn’t use a tripod at all over the weekend, the props at this match were stable.

Gear is NOT deployed on clock, standard rules are "may setup gear as required".

We had a run of really bad baracades / props which were janky, and thus we got used to rear tripod. It was more about fudds and police. Fudds didnt like tactical stuff on their range, so had to be mobile and quickly packed up, also cops put their 2c worth in trying to limit terrorism training.

@Patty got an extremely advanced crash course in aussie-language when he almost started a punch-on.

• Haha
Reactions: Patty
Gear is NOT deployed on clock, standard rules are "may setup gear as required".

We had a run of really bad baracades / props which were janky, and thus we got used to rear tripod. It was more about fudds and police. Fudds didnt like tactical stuff on their range, so had to be mobile and quickly packed up, also cops put their 2c worth in trying to limit terrorism training.

@Patty got an extremely advanced crash course in aussie-language when he almost started a punch-on.
I’ve got all sorts of great words and phrases to bring back home. You guys can keep your overzealous govt and regulations though 😂

Reactions: iceng
20231015_140103(0).jpg

Phil L from China. Yes, he really is like 8ft tall. Dwarfs that table. Shooting an AI with a fixed stock. No folders allowed in NSW. Not even joking.
20231015_134053(0).jpg

Rear tripod work from Chris Prewett. Eagle park VIC team shirt. Chris won a rifle as a prize last year, a Howa1500 in a KRG bravo. This year he won production division with that exact rifle ! Also a top dude to talk to.

20231015_130227.jpg

Many still didnt Tripod, like local shooter, Matt Avard, who is also team-lefty-spastic, AND marksman winner !

20231015_125747.jpg

RO'S doing their thing. They did a super effort all weekend.

20231015_125720.jpg

Forgot shooters name, however this baracade style is common for us.
20231015_125516.jpg

Nick (Nozza) Noske who took out top senior went rear tripod. He represents Team Cactus (not really, long running joke).

20231015_124717(0).jpg

Martin from MDT laying down on the job again. @MDT_Josh may want to file a complaint with management about it. Oh wait.....

20231015_124624.jpg

Kurt Henke is new this year, and put up a good fight at one match, tanked another, but did well in finale. Shooting out of QLD. Could be one to watch in the future. Super fun guy to be around.

20231014_134510.jpg

Speaking of fun guys.... Joel Rinaldi from Team ONION like to draw pictures, and won the honor of "TNC", or top nicest cunt. Top sportsman award for being a good lad. Love you Joel !

20231014_144121(2).jpg

Alex Trefus from Romania, shooting out of Eagle Park, VIC was also doing his thing.

20231014_133122.jpg

Ben (BK) Kennedy from team MPA had a fun time with projectiles end of day 1, but eventually sorted it out. Hornady 140gr ELD were exploding mid air randomly which burnt him on a stage or 2, but a full clean saturday night fixed it and was back on track, but couldnt recover points he needed.

20231014_132306.jpg

George (crispy) Crisp from Team Delta Tactical and Nightforce hails from Tasmania. Ready to shoot some pipe baracades. Crispy has done extremely well historically (lots of 2nd places and a 1st at little river / eagle park) and also well in the series overall.
20231014_123821(0).jpg

Brett rogers from WA just starting a stage. Many people didnt use a rear tripod for this stage, but quite a few still did. Really solid baracade setup.
20231014_113302.jpg

Simon Harvey from SA and team left-handed-spastic likes rear tripods.

20231014_113011.jpg

But Scotty Pattel from Cleaver Firearms and supported by MDT doesnt do rear tripod. Scotty also does lots of shooter training and is ex-army serviceman.

20231014_112811.jpg

Ben (i leave my bipod on to shoot because i can) Dubber also went rear tripod. You cant see his glorious beard in this pic. But its there, I promise.

20231014_111922.jpg

John Nicholas who repp'd AUS in NRL22 in USA shooting a baracade which boned LOTS of people on the weekend.

20231015_163548.jpg

A life time membership was awarded to Sam (Rusty) Russell with a standing ovation. Yep.. this happened.

Ill try to get the match book and stages done too.

Full results from the weekend. There was a bunch of trophies and awards, ill get some of those too from people who took pics.

Attachments

• 20231014_111922.jpg
    20231014_111922.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: