• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS .22 Trainer converted from airsoft chassis

LongGunRunner

Private
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2017
I wanted a .22 trainer to practice position shooting but without the cost of burning up my 300wm barrel and ammo. However I could not find anything that was similar to the chassis system I run on my rifle for a .22. I was browsing the internet and stumbled onto an airsoft rifle, a licensed copy of the MSR with a full aluminum chassis. I finally gambled and dropped the money on it which I was very hesitant to do but when it showed up I was actually pretty shocked with the quality of the chassis. The buttstock is fully adjustable, and folds/locks solidly, with the savage fitted in the chassis I do have to leave the bolt open to fold the stock. A week or two of carefull planning, measuring, milling the chassis out, and creating a few small parts to adapt it and I was able to fit a savage Mk II TRR into the chassis. Have one or two little things to finish up but I am pretty happy with the result and just wanted to share it. The rifle is pretty solid coming in at 14.75lbs as it sits, I am thinking of adding some weight here and there to make it feel exactly like my 300. I had a lot of fun doing this project and am considering doing another one soon.. But enough of that, here are the pictures!

Ill see if I can get some pictures up when I get home in a week or two, busy schedule. The modifications were actually not that exstensive, just time consuming to figure it out so I didnt screw it up. The airsoft rifle was an ARES MS700 I got on sale for $350.

And yes I shoot .300 for PRS, my long gun is a rem blueprinted action, hawk hill custom barrel, cadex chassis. However after shooting my first match I would like to do a 6.5x47 or a 6 dasher but it all depends on how the bank account looks, until then 300 it is.

Ouch brother! I shoot 6.5x47L and love it. The 6mm Creed is coming on strong here in TX and I'm starting to see less and less of the 6XC and 6 Dasher out there.

good job

here's my 22LR conversions

I did the MSR a few years back.

tumblr_oqg1koZDij1tegblwo2_1280.jpg