• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk PRS Bipod - Ckye Pod?

Cardboard Assassin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2020
Canada
I'm getting geared up for PRS and have been looking at bipods. This will be going on an MDT ACC chassis (arca rail) chambered in 6BR and as I am a fan of MDT gear I have been looking at the Ckye Pod.

They offer a bunch of different options. Pretty sure I don't need the triple pull but what is the best bet for PRS?

1) PRS short. The name suggests it would be a good fit. It does have the least height (single pull 7.5" - 13").
2) Standard. Still single pull. Range is 9" - 15"
3) Double pull - range is 9" - 18.5"
4) Heavy duty - not a lot of detail available on this model but it is obviously more sturdy, think I read somewhere that it is geared towards larger calibers (338 etc), my build will be pretty heavy (its not built yet but an ACC chassis loaded to the max with weights, 28" straight 1.25" barrel etc) but I'm guessing the normal non heavy duty variants will be fine.

Looking at the options - unless I need the heavy duty I figure its between the PRS short and double pull. The PRS being the most compact appeals to me. The double pull is the same size as the standard when closed and gives more 3.5" more height when opened.

Has anyone used either of these in a PRS type setting? Is the PRS short enough or is the double pull a better bet?

Are there other brands with similar products I should be looking at too?

Thanks in advance.

Don't get the PRS. Get a standard or double pull. The PRS will be too short.

Totally agreed. I never ran my PRS in the lowest setting, and almost always had it at least at the Standard height. The Double Pull can also collapse to the same height as the Standard, but has the ability to go much taller, which is really helpful for field-style matches.

I got rid of my PRS and went to the Double Pull.

Thanks for the info guys.

Sounds like the PRS short isn't "enough" and as the double collapses to the same physical size as the standard its pretty much a no brainer.

These things aint cheap so I'd prefer to get it right first time around.

For those that own them already - do they have fine adjustment and do they lock up real solid?

You want a bipod with no play, get an atlas. You want a gamer bipod built for PRS gaming, get the ckye pod.

This purchase is primarily for PRS gaming so it sounds like the Ckye Pod is the best fit.

So doesn't it lock up solid? I'm guessing thats because it is super adjustable and aimed at making quick adjustments on the clock so it trades a little it outright stability?

I have an MPOD which is solid as a rock, that will be my go to for F Class shooting but I will need to get an adaptor (arca to picatinny) to use with the ACC.

I’ve used the heavy duty, standard and PRS length.

For PRS, on the east coast the PRS length worked well. You have to be aware though, certain modified prone position like pipes and narrow benches are actually too narrow for ckye pods. This has been a problem for me here and there. They’re a wide base. Or you have to make them narrow and run your rear bag tall.

They’re awesome bipods but just be aware of their width for certain barricades. I haven’t really needed a lot of extra length on the east coast for PRS. For field matches like something out west I think standard is the way to go. The heavy duty ones are generally too big for most things out east but they’re really awesome in the mountains where you may be shooting high angle shots.

The way ckye pods get the rifle low is a huge benefit.