• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk PRS Cash Prizes?

The $5k cash prizes last year came out of the new owners pocket...they were only for last year...prior to that it was $1k...last i heard, after last year, the cash prizes would not be offered for individual matches (from the PRS) this year, and cash prizes would be given at the finale from the PRS...some MDs still give back cash prizes tho from the match money generated, but thats up to the MD, not the PRS

probably has a lot to do with having 40+ matches in a year now...

Did the cash prizes ever have any affect on turnout?

I would think for 75% of shooters it does't matter too much because they are the bottom 75%. I would think the top 25% might have a different opinion.

I would think for 75% of shooters it does't matter too much because they are the bottom 75%. I would think the top 25% might have a different opinion.

Well I think the Olympics has better competition because of the potential for recognition, big money endorsements, etc, where a local 10k might be won by a 19yr old D2 walk-on that is home for summer. I was just wondering if $5000 was enough to draw more people or if that's still just too little to make any real difference in the talent that shows up.

Reactions: DeauxJoe
from what ive seen at matches, cash prizes dont affect much...the NALRSA matches were a good example last year...they were giving out between $6k-$250 for placing between 1st and 12th, with a $200 entry fee and most of the matches had 40-60 shooters...lots of guys didnt want to go pay $200 and shoot for money because they felt they didnt have a chance at it anyways...the top 12 was usually 8-10 of the same shooters each time