• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS/DLR beginner

mattd93

Private
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2023
Italy
Hello all,
I’m Italian from Rome and I’m sorry in advance if I will do some grammatical errors.

I would like to start with PRS or DLR with a 22lr. Actually I shot on paper with a 308 tikka t3x tac a1 .
Which combo ( rifle+ optic+ chassis+ trigger) do you suggest ? I saw the vudoo rifle but there aren’t Italian dealers. Here in italy I have the opportunity to buy victrix Venus small bore (3.5k €) but I don’t know if is better a “plug & play” solution like victrix or something else to build .

All suggestions are really appreciated! Thank you

Go see a local match and look at what the locals are using. Not every club is probably running the most high speed guns and gear. Some no doubt will be.

But you will immediately see what gear is being used if you want to be competitive with the top shooters and gauge the monetary requirements.

Hello all,
I’m Italian from Rome and I’m sorry in advance if I will do some grammatical errors.

I would like to start with PRS or DLR with a 22lr. Actually I shot on paper with a 308 tikka t3x tac a1 .
Which combo ( rifle+ optic+ chassis+ trigger) do you suggest ? I saw the vudoo rifle but there aren’t Italian dealers. Here in italy I have the opportunity to buy victrix Venus small bore (3.5k €) but I don’t know if is better a “plug & play” solution like victrix or something else to build .

All suggestions are really appreciated! Thank you
I looked up the Victrix, it looks like a nice gun. I could no tell much it was in Italian. 3.5K E is around 3800 USD, that is about the cost of a Vudoo. Looks like the Victrix compares to a Vudoo? If it does go with it.

Last edited:
I looked up the Victrix, it looks like a nice gun. I could no tell much it was in Italian. 3.5K E is around 3800 USD, that is about the cost of a Vudoo. Looks like the Victrix compares to a Vudoo? If it does go with it.
If I’m not wrong ( I’m not sure) the difference is that vudoo is a custom made while victrix not. Am I wrong about vudoo ? For 3800 usd you mean only barrel+action or the entire rifle obviously without optics ?

If I’m not wrong ( I’m not sure) the difference is that vudoo is a custom made while victrix not. Am I wrong about vudoo ? For 3800 usd you mean only barrel+action or the entire rifle obviously without optics ?
I don't know much about Victrix? Vudoo Barreled actions are $2000.00 USD no trigger. complete guns start around $2500 with KRG Bravo chassis, the push up to $3600 USD without optics. Vudoo may can import a gun, but that would be extra. https://vudoogunworks.com/

Last edited:
You might want to look at the Bergara B14r, or the Tikka T1x. They both should be available to you since they are made in Spain and Finland. The B14r will fit in any stock or chassis made for a Rem 700 footprint, and the T1x will fit in most stocks and chassis made for the T3x. You can also get a heavier barrel for the T1x through Lothar/Walther. If you go to a local match there will probably be a few of these there. I don't know how shooters there are about others shooting their rifles, but here most all shooters would let you try their rifle setups. I have let people shoot both my T1x, and my B14r. Most shooter are pretty good about sharing their setups with others.

Mike

You might want to look at the Bergara B14r, or the Tikka T1x. They both should be available to you since they are made in Spain and Finland. The B14r will fit in any stock or chassis made for a Rem 700 footprint, and the T1x will fit in most stocks and chassis made for the T3x. You can also get a heavier barrel for the T1x through Lothar/Walther. If you go to a local match there will probably be a few of these there. I don't know how shooters there are about others shooting their rifles, but here most all shooters would let you try their rifle setups. I have let people shoot both my T1x, and my B14r. Most shooter are pretty good about sharing their setups with others.

Mike
Yes they are bought here in Italy. In a competitive environment is there so much difference between a 1000€ rifle , like tikka and bergara, and a >3000€ rifle like victrix or vudoo?

Some mas disagree but any decent gun like CZ, Bergara or other similiar guns are plenty good to be competitive. I think you'll find the single biggest factor after shooter ability will be buy the best ammo your gun likes and you'll save a lot of frustration using lower grade ammo with less consistency.

Good Luck, have fun.

Topstrap

I agree with Topstrap. I have 2 B14R, Tikka T1x, and a Kidd Supergrade. All are competitive with Vudoos and the like. For PRS you not need a gun that cost $3500.00. with a scope the cost $3500.00 to compete. You don't need a gun that will shoot 0.250" at 50yds, and 0.5" at 100yds. from a bench. You never will be shooting from a bench. It comes down is how still you can hold that gun, off a tank trap, roof top, etc.
Get you a CZ, Tikka T1x, or B14R. find the best ammo for it, and do a lot of shooting. when you feel your gun is holding you back, get you a better gun.