• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS in NY?

Afrose1013

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2022
Baldwinsville
I was just curious if anybody knew of any beginner precision rifle events in New York? I bought a Bergara b14 hmr last year, and while I know it is not exactly a “match” gun I’ve been fooling around with the idea of trying out a match or something of the sort. Only issue is I have nowhere to shoot longer than 300, so my practice out past that is non-existent.

What part of NY are you in? The Mason Dixon Precision Rifle series has a beginners match every year. They host matches in PA and Md. There are also some Northeast Regional matches in Olean NY this year.

Reactions: Afrose1013
If you are looking for a no pressure beginner match its MDPRS. But you can show up to any Sheep Dog match and tell the MD ( Mike) you are a first time shooter and he will pair you in a good squad. Apart from that you have Leek Preserve and NY precision in Olean

What part of NY are you in? The Mason Dixon Precision Rifle series has a beginners match every year. They host matches in PA and Md. There are also some Northeast Regional matches in Olean NY this year.
Syracuse area
im up in the Syracuse area

As mentioned above , Sheepdog would be a good place for your first match .

Olean is not far from you .

1703333918238.png

Come down to Sheepdog. Very friendly matches, Mike will make sure you're taken care of. Also last year they had a training class the Friday before one of the matches, specifically designed for new shooters. Keep your eyes open for that and you can get trained up quickly that way.

Come down to Sheepdog. Very friendly matches, Mike will make sure you're taken care of. Also last year they had a training class the Friday before one of the matches, specifically designed for new shooters. Keep your eyes open for that and you can get trained up quickly that way.
Seems like that’s what I’m going to do. Seen a few videos on YouTube looks like an awesome place