• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events PRS Matches IVO Virginia Beach

Greg0326

Regular Dude
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017
Vista, CA
Tried searching with no luck. Just moved to VA Beach from California. Looking for any clubs that run PRS matches. I know Pigg River out west puts on some regional and national matches as well as a few ranges south of here in North Carolina. More so looking for single day matches with a couple hours of here. Thanks for the help!

Quantico is very close to VA Beach. You are in the prs Atlantic region, go to prs website and go to Atlantic region under regional matches. There you will find all clubs in the area. Then you can go to practiscore and add all them to your my clubs. Makes it a lot easier.

Frontline Defense should be within a couple hours down 58 and into NC. They run one day and two day matches. As mentioned look at the Atlantic Coast section in the Regional matches on the PRS site.

Also not a PRS club but they hold a monthly match down at Alliance Outdoors in Maysville NC. Should be within a couple hours for you.

Unfortunately it's one of the less dense shooting regions. Quantico has one match scheduled but as you can see on map, it's not very close to VA Beach. There really aren't many prs matches under 3 hour drive for you.

There will be matches in maryland and southern PA which next to frontline/ pigg river will be the closest venues.

Reactions: Greg0326
I’m north of you in King William County but shoot at Frontline Defence in NC. About 2 1/2 hour drive for me. They hold matches and classes and have ( amongst others) two 1000yd ranges. One is PRS style with rooftop, barricade etc, the other’s a deck. Great facility.

Reactions: Greg0326
I’m north of you in King William County but shoot at Frontline Defence in NC. About 2 1/2 hour drive for me. They hold matches and classes and have ( amongst others) two 1000yd ranges. One is PRS style with rooftop, barricade etc, the other’s a deck. Great facility.
Do they happen to hold monthly matches?

Not monthly as far as I remember. There is a calendar on the website. I don’t think he holds any matches or classes through hurricane season either, but I think that’s pretty standard around here. Range is open 7 days a week all year though.

Nope but you can look at the PRS site and see the matches he will have. Here is the Regional series schedule.

Nope but you can look at the PRS site and see the matches he will have. Here is the Regional series schedule.

Are you shooting frontline at the end of the month? or VPRC in March?

Are you shooting frontline at the end of the month? or VPRC in March?

Plan to shoot Coleman's Creek and Frontline in March. Not shooting the Frontline Fury though.

You shooting Quantico Saturday?

Plan to shoot Coleman's Creek and Frontline in March. Not shooting the Frontline Fury though.

You shooting Quantico Saturday?
The centerfire one in March? Yea I am probably going to shoot all the 1 days there.

I sold off my rimfire stuff so just focusing on centerfire. With my kid getting older need to start prioritizing which matches to shoot and rimfire drew the short straw.

Would be good to shoot with you again man.

The centerfire one in March? Yea I am probably going to shoot all the 1 days there.

I sold off my rimfire stuff so just focusing on centerfire. With my kid getting older need to start prioritizing which matches to shoot and rimfire drew the short straw.

Would be good to shoot with you again man.

Yeah the one day regional. I am probably just sticking to one dayers this year. Might shoot Pigg in June for the 2 day but not sure yet but the one day are just as much fun and not as much money. If you sign up for Frontline let me know the squad and will try and jump in.

Too bad you had to drop the rimfire but understandable with kid. Got to prioritize.

Yeah the one day regional. I am probably just sticking to one dayers this year. Might shoot Pigg in June for the 2 day but not sure yet but the one day are just as much fun and not as much money. If you sign up for Frontline let me know the squad and will try and jump in.

Too bad you had to drop the rimfire but understandable with kid. Got to prioritize.
If you do, I am getting an Airbnb with some of the guys flying into town. Should be way cheaper than hotels so let me know if you want a spot for Pigg river. Its about 20 minutes from the range on a huge farm.

I am already signed up for frontline at end of the month but think it filled up. Paul is not running as many people through (I think he had trouble getting RO's). There may be a waitlist if you want to see about getting on. There are always a few who drop out.

Either way it would be fun to shoot together again.

If you do, I am getting an Airbnb with some of the guys flying into town. Should be way cheaper than hotels so let me know if you want a spot for Pigg river. Its about 20 minutes from the range on a huge farm.

I am already signed up for frontline at end of the month but think it filled up. Paul is not running as many people through (I think he had trouble getting RO's). There may be a waitlist if you want to see about getting on. There are always a few who drop out.

Either way it would be fun to shoot together again.

Thanks for the Pigg offer. I will think about it. Would be fun to shoot together again. If you hit the one day match in March at Frontline let me know.