• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Production Class Rifles

Nikon147

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2020
Finally taking the plunge into a Production Class rifle....or at least ordering one and waiting through long lead times.

I've been set on the MPA PMR Pro 2, but wanted to see what the other options out there are.

I know of the American Rifle Company, but like the MPA Chassis better.

Straight Jacket has their offering, but I already have a Bravo chassis rifle, and I'm looking for a better chassis.

Anything else I'm missing?

My dream rifles:

The MPA
Accuracy International AT-X
GA Precision PPR

My dream rifles:

The MPA
Accuracy International AT-X
GA Precision PPR
I dont shoot PRS, but doesnt production class top out at 2,500? Isnt that AI-ATX like 5k? MPA BA MPR and the GAP PPR are production rifles afaik... although I think that GAP only makes 100 PPR's at a time, and there arent any more until next year.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
I just saw the new rifle Seekins is making for exactly this. Not sure they are out yet, but will be soon.

7C36DA2B-B09F-490F-951A-8BE59B86F109.png

Option 1, Rifles in the 900 to 1500 dollar class, main example is the standard RPR
Option 2, Rifles selling right at the 2500 dollar price point. Main examples MPA PMR, Badrock, GAP.

First option works well, shoots darned well for the price. Is affordable. Some like the RPR are very upgradable (but no longer production depending on the upgrades).

Second option is close to custom in fit, finish and accuracy.

Its your dollars, makes your choice on what you like and what feels good on your shoulder. Almost all of them will work well.

Reactions: deersniper
I think most of the other options have been listed, personally I would go with the MPA.

I would focus on getting a production rifle that meets the features you want on a budget. Production class of PRS is a joke (Look down in the competition forums).

The nice thing is you can get a semi-custom almost full custom gun at a great price point. So the "best" Production gun is the one that has things that you want in a rifle. Production as a division is not a 'real' division in that, its basically an open gun on a budget. Just shoot open and get the rifle you like. Like the MPA chassis? Buy one and throw your favorite action in it. I shoot open and my gun "should" be production but its just a barreled Howa in a KRG. Before that is was a Rem 700, but didn't qualify for prod because I put in bottom metal to run mags. When I show up with my AI, I am not magically going to jump in the standings (well other than a long layoff and lots of practice).

Prod class is stupid, but you can get a nice rifle.

Don't focus on production class limits.

The nice thing is you can get a semi-custom almost full custom gun at a great price point. So the "best" Production gun is the one that has things that you want in a rifle.

Prod class is stupid, but you can get a nice rifle.

Don't focus on production class limits.
I certainly agree with you on a couple of points. $2500.00 is a pretty steep price point for a “production” rifle. But as You say, for that price point, you can get a pretty nice rifle. That to me is the major accomplishment of PRS Production division.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
anyone have experiance with the christensen arms mpr competition ? i saw this as another Production option