• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk PRS production vs open class

Gtrnn

Private
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2020
Please provide the pros and cons between two classes other than the price. Which one has more participants and what differences are there when you actually compete. Given the new price limit of $2,500 in the production class and several good options such as MPA, I wonder if this is a good place for me to start since I'm new to long range shooting.
However, my dilemma is I could also build the rig that is about $1,000 more that would be competitive in the open class ( without a scope). I understand that the scope can drive the cost as much as the rifle itself.
Many thanks.

the way its set up, there is no real difference in them other than price...production class cost limits are a joke with whats available now

open has way more participants, its not even close

productions shoots the same COF and with the new "production" rifles companies are putting out, they arent any less capable than open rifles...youre just restricted to package they offer vs piecing it together yourself

the way its set up, there is no real difference in them other than price...production class cost limits are a joke with whats available now

open has way more participants, its not even close

productions shoots the same COF and with the new "production" rifles companies are putting out, they arent any less capable than open rifles...youre just restricted to package they offer vs piecing it together yourself
That is my impression as far as the platform is concerned. Thank you for the letting me know about the participants. With the great pre-fit barrels available to the Impact or even Curtis, it's not that much more expensive to put together a rig that may fit me better and perhaps letting me shoot better with a proper load development instead of buying the production class-ready right out of the box with fewer people to compete with.

id bet there wouldnt be much/if any noticeable difference in accuracy that would be anything more than barrel to barrel variations

being comfortable on a stock/chassis that you like could make a difference in "shootabilty" tho...for me i shoot pistol grip style chassis a lot more comfortable than traditional stocks

something to note, if youre thinking of buying parts and assembling yourself...it may/may not require some work and tweaking...things like mag height, mag lips/case interaction depending on cartrdige, and chassis to action fit still sometimes need to be addressed depending on how lucky/unlucky you get

a 1moa rifle that is reliable and runs smooth as close to 100% as possible, is a lot more of a benefit than a 1/4moa finicky one, especially on timed stages

Reactions: Gtrnn
Thank you very much for the important point. Much appreciate, I'll do more research about it. Planning to do PRS next year (hopefully not without N95 mask) so I'm gathering info and learn about it as much as I can.
Keep it coming please guys.

Reactions: morganlamprecht
[QUOTE="morganlamprecht, post: 8469404, member:
something to note, if youre thinking of buying parts and assembling yourself...it may/may not require some work and tweaking...things like mag height, mag lips/case interaction depending on cartrdige, and chassis to action fit still sometimes need to be addressed depending on how lucky/unlucky you get

a 1moa rifle that is reliable and runs smooth as close to 100% as possible, is a lot more of a benefit than a 1/4moa finicky one, especially on timed stages
[/QUOTE]
Looks like MPA new Matrix chassis has an adjustable mag catch! This should be helpful with the mag/chassis interaction.

The production cost limits should have gone DOWN to ELIMINATE rifles like the MPA, Gap, and John Hancock (which was a joke all its own) offerings. If you're gonna have the class, it should be affordable for the average new guy jumping in, and let's be honest. $2,500 is more than most people who aren't already in the sport would even fathom of spending on a rifle. I'm glad to see MPA and Gap making damn nice rifles for an incredible price, but it's just not realistic for the average guy who just wants to try the sport out.

The production cost limits should have gone DOWN to ELIMINATE rifles like the MPA, Gap, and John Hancock (which was a joke all its own) offerings. If you're gonna have the class, it should be affordable for the average new guy jumping in, and let's be honest. $2,500 is more than most people who aren't already in the sport would even fathom of spending on a rifle. I'm glad to see MPA and Gap making damn nice rifles for an incredible price, but it's just not realistic for the average guy who just wants to try the sport out.

That was my thought exactly. I want to get into the PRS to learn how to shoot well. When I said that I could add $1,000 extra to the cost of $2,500 and build a rifle for an open class, it is because I know I want to do this well and am committed. But it makes me wonder if I can just buy Ruger Precision and do the Production class. Well, Ruger is nice but I don't know I would be competitive in light of MPA rifle specifically built for this with a comp chassis and a hand cut X-caliber barrel and Curtis action. The package is really nice but it sits in a place that makes me reluctant to join.
I really want to learn the reason of price increase in the PRS production class.

That was my thought exactly. I want to get into the PRS to learn how to shoot well. When I said that I could add $1,000 extra to the cost of $2,500 and build a rifle for an open class, it is because I know I want to do this well and am committed. But it makes me wonder if I can just buy Ruger Precision and do the Production class. Well, Ruger is nice but I don't know I would be competitive in light of MPA rifle specifically built for this with a comp chassis and a hand cut X-caliber barrel and Curtis action. The package is really nice but it sits in a place that makes me reluctant to join.
I really want to learn the reason of price increase in the PRS production class.

If you're an average beginner who's still learning how to calculate dope and may have never shot accurately beyond a couple hundred yards, an RPR ( along with several other $1k rifles) will be sufficient to learn with. I'd spend the money you saved on the rifle on a mid-level scope like a DMRii or second hand Genii Razor and go have fun. When (if) you shoot the barrel out, you can upgrade it with a quality aftermarket one and likely improve the accuracy a touch. If you're still in the sport when the second barrel is burnt out, you'll probably be hooked enough and have improved your skills to the point where a full custom rifle is more appealing.
Also, I'd erase the words "production class" from your vocabulary. You're going to be shooting alongside, learning from, and scored with the open class anyway.

Last edited:
Open class pros:
1. Get to shoot against the best of the best.
Open class cons:
1. Get spanked by the best of the best.

Production class pros:
1. Win participation awards.
2. Always have a good excuse for missing more.
Production class cons:
1. Everyone knows you are a participation trophy lover.

The existing production class rules are a joke. I love the idea of a production class, but at the current price limits I could buy a rifle that would be fully capable of competing and winning in open class. The price limits are too high in production class. I suggest you build a rifle within your budgetary constraints and compete in open class.

If you're an average beginner who's still learning how to calculate dope and may have never shot accurately beyond a couple hundred yards, an RPR ( along with several other $1k rifles) will be sufficient to learn with. I'd spend the money you saved on the rifle on a mid-level scope like a DMRii or second hand Genii Razor and go have fun. When (if) you shoot the barrel out, you can upgrade it with a quality aftermarket one and likely improve the accuracy a touch. If you're still in the sport when the second barrel is burnt out, you'll probably be hooked enough and have improved your skills to the point where a full custom rifle is more appealing.
Also, I'd erase the words "production class" from your vocabulary. You're going to be shooting alongside, learning from, and scored alongside the open class anyway.

This is excellent advice. With a production rig like ksracer describes you can be very competitive in open class so why not just shoot open class.

Reactions: AgBullit
Open class pros:
1. Get to shoot against the best of the best.
Open class cons:
1. Get spanked by the best of the best.

Production class pros:
1. Win participation awards.
2. Always have a good excuse for missing more.
Production class cons:
1. Everyone knows you are a participation trophy lover.

The existing production class rules are a joke. I love the idea of a production class, but at the current price limits I could buy a rifle that would be fully capable of competing and winning in open class. The price limits are too high in production class. I suggest you build a rifle within your budgetary constraints and compete in open class.

So your saying you can win the overall with a production rifle? They why aren’t you, then you can go home with two trophies. The overall and the production class.

So your saying you can win the overall with a production rifle? They why aren’t you, then you can go home with two trophies. The overall and the production class.

I can't hardly win with any rifle. Haha. I'm saying that my placement wouldn't be different with a $2,000 "production" rifle than with what I am shooting with now. Same goes for any other shooter.

Also, are you a lover of participation awards?

Having participated in several disciplines over a period of decades, I can say from experience that top-rung shooters don't need the best equipment to be the best shooters. They're going to be the best anyway.

Consider the classification tables for NSSA-sanctioned skeet. "A" class for 12ga is 0.9600-0.9749. "AA" class is .9750-.9849, "AAA" is .985 and up. I made it to AAA in all four guns, shooting one of the best tournament guns made, and got my butt kicked all over the southeast by guys for whom a score of 99 out of 100 was a Bad Day. The difference between a $3,000 Browning and a $13,000 Krieghoff or Kolar was, practically speaking, irrelevant to them as compared to the vast majority of participants in the sport.

I'm far too old&slow to be competitive in PRS disciplines, but I still crave the challenge, the rush of organized competition. My advice to the OP: go into PRS competition with a rifle and optic at whatever price point works for you and enjoy the ride. If you're starting with the idea of winning something right out of the gate, I submit you're starting for the wrong reason because, in PRS, there aren't meaningful classifications like in skeet or trap and you aint'a'gonna win. There are any number of threads here about getting into competition; find them, learn, and get started once the pandemic fades.

Edit: ".... top-rung shooters don't need the best equipment to be the best shooters. They're going to be the best anyway." And newbies aren't going to do any better, or build experience faster, with a $6000 custom as compared to a $1000 RPR.

Last edited:
My advice to the OP: go into PRS competition with a rifle and optic at whatever price point works for you and enjoy the ride. If you're starting with the idea of winning something right out of the gate, I submit you're starting for the wrong reason because, in PRS, there aren't meaningful classifications like in skeet or trap and you aint'a'gonna win. There are any number of threads here about getting into competition; find them, learn, and get started once the pandemic fades.

Edit: ".... top-rung shooters don't need the best equipment to be the best shooters. They're going to be the best anyway." And newbies aren't going to do any better, or build experience faster, with a $6000 custom as compared to a $1000 RPR.
You all have the slightly different ways to convey the same important message to buy whatever I can reasonably afford and go learn the rope. I'll do the for sure. I'm an avid race car driver and i certainly know what's it like for the rookie in the big race. It's the challenge that I'm attracted to. Learning process and overcoming my performance deficit are fun for me. Who knows, I might be on the top step one day.

Reactions: DownhillFromHere
Production class rules in PRS nauseatingly stupid. When it first came about, my thought was, it was to welcome new shooters into the sport where their budget off the shelf rifles could compete.
Turns out, it has nothing to do with easing new shooters into the sport, but instead, created a false market for companies to market to. Not necessarily a bad thing because said companies are rolling out some badass rifles for good prices. Where this whole thing falls flat on its face though is when a guy shooting a stock Remmy or Savage(etc.) screws on his own barrel and a budget stock and now has to shoot open class, while a guy running a new GAP, MPA, etc. is running a far better rifle.
I don't know if it production class was created in conjunction with the companies to sell more product through back room deals, or if it was good intention idea that went off the rails. One thing is for sure, it was a short cut, lazy way to not track scores and place shooters in actual classes based upon their skill level.
I'm still astounded that both major series have never stepped up and created classes based on skill/tracked scores and expect new shooters to continue to participate. I guess if it's working for them, more power to them, but I know a very large contingency of shooters who will not participate in said matches because they feel they're throwing their money away.
It can be better. It needs to be better.

20200420_075329.jpg

Reactions: deersniper
I'm still astounded that both major series have never stepped up and created classes based on skill/tracked scores and expect new shooters to continue to participate.
Realistically speaking, how would one create classes based on skill/score in PRS, when every match is different?

One of the things I enjoy about PRS as compared to skeet (where I "grew up" wrt competition) is I get a different target presentation with every match. Skeet is exactly the same. So it's easy to do skill/score-based classification on the latter; the biggest problem is sandbagging (shooters who turn in low scores at small events to keep their class lower so they look better at the big shoots).

I guess standardized skills stages could be a basis for classification. But to what end? And it would be one more pita for MDs. Happily, I'm not aware of cash purses being awarded in PRS (or 3-gun or USPSA or..). One of the reasons I quit skeet (main one being burnout) was I got sick of basically donating money to the same group of top shooters while class winners seldom won enough to even pay their entry fee. While there was a lot more money for class winners at bigger shoots, the reality was it took perfect scores to win pretty much any class.

If equitable prize distribution draws shooters, maybe MDs could consider Lewis classification. Then everybody gets a chance, and there's no way to sandbag it.

Realistically speaking, how would one create classes based on skill/score in PRS, when every match is different?

One of the things I enjoy about PRS as compared to skeet (where I "grew up" wrt competition) is I get a different target presentation with every match. Skeet is exactly the same. So it's easy to do skill/score-based classification on the latter; the biggest problem is sandbagging (shooters who turn in low scores at small events to keep their class lower so they look better at the big shoots).

I guess standardized skills stages could be a basis for classification. But to what end? And it would be one more pita for MDs. Happily, I'm not aware of cash purses being awarded in PRS (or 3-gun or USPSA or..). One of the reasons I quit skeet (main one being burnout) was I got sick of basically donating money to the same group of top shooters while class winners seldom won enough to even pay their entry fee. While there was a lot more money for class winners at bigger shoots, the reality was it took perfect scores to win pretty much any class.

If equitable prize distribution draws shooters, maybe MDs could consider Lewis classification. Then everybody gets a chance, and there's no way to sandbag it.

So, I'll make suggestions a little backwards here starting with the prize awards. I would 100% put that back on the sponsors, and you can believe me, they'll want a say anyhow. Simply ask those donating to the prize table what class they want the prizes to go to. This would end all bickering, except for the most petty competitor. Maybe the company donates the same prize to each division, maybe they donate an AI AX rifle to the amatuer division. I believe there would be an uptick in match donations, because from speaking to lots of companies in the industry, they're getting burnout with donations that don't end up in people's hands that use them. Maybe the prize table for the lower division ends up being better than the top division; boohoo, too bad. The donating company should 100% get to decide where their prize goes.
Secondly, on divisions, I agree, it could be very difficult to establish a perfect system. I'm definitely not a statistician, so smarter people than I could probably establish something better, but we could easily start somewhere. Let's just say for starters if you've won a match you're in the Elite division. If you've ever placed top 10, you're in a Pro division, and anything below that, you're just in an Open division. I know that sounds overly simple, but if you look at match registrations, you'll see a lot of the same shooters popping up, and I think you'd be surprised how that would divide the field. Now, as a first time shooter, I at least know I'm not competing with guys who are absolutely going to blow me out of the water.
The one thing we might have to accept is that it may never be perfect, it rarely is. You're going to see outliers regardless of how perfect you think classifications would be. The question to ask is if we should throw our hands up and say it's impossible to implement because of some anomalies.

I'm still astounded that both major series have never stepped up and created classes based on skill/tracked scores and expect new shooters to continue to participate.

Been saying this for years now. ?

Every race track is different, every golf course, every everything... you do it the same way they do, by score.

Your scores are already tracked, it takes an extra 90 seconds with a spreadsheet.

Let's say you're Joe Average and want to sign up for a series and compete for a year. You can pick your class beginner / sport / expert / pro.

You can only pick it for your first match in that series, ever. After that they start a two or three match rolling average of your scores.

Not WHAT you scored, WHERE you scored in comparison to everyone else.

Beginner is 0-49%
Sport is 50%-69%
Expert is 70%-89%
Pro is 90% or better

Pro shoots the same course as expert, but their 'buy in' is higher and they get cash payouts and have zip to do with the prize table.

You can only level UP, never the opposite. Most people will wind up in beginner and those that have a bit of an idea what they're doing are likely to land in sport.

The minute your 3 match average hits 70% you bump up to expert. You can't drop back down. No sandbagging.

Fees increase as you go up the scale. 100 for beginner, 200 for sport, 300 for expert, and I dunno? 500 for pro?

Whatever number generates the kind of payout thats appealing. AG Cup was a 10k buy in, right? If you have 10 guys buy in at 500 each that's a $5000 pool for the pros.

Lower the cost of admission for new guys, get them in their own classes with their own awards, etc. and devise a system that tracks scores and sets the level of competition automatically based on the scores.

Forcing everybody into open is retarded and calling a $2500 rifle from a custom shop a 'factory rifle' is the guy hitting on the retarded girl at the fair.

There are issues implementing beginner class. Guys will either sandbag to barely stay at the top or really good guys will pretend to be beginners and shoot every once in a while.

Been saying this for years now. ?

Every race track is different, every golf course, every everything... you do it the same way they do, by score.

Your scores are already tracked, it takes an extra 90 seconds with a spreadsheet.

Let's say you're Joe Average and want to sign up for a series and compete for a year. You can pick your class beginner / sport / expert / pro.

You can only pick it for your first match in that series, ever. After that they start a two or three match rolling average of your scores.

Not WHAT you scored, WHERE you scored in comparison to everyone else.

Beginner is 0-49%
Sport is 50%-69%
Expert is 70%-89%
Pro is 90% or better

Pro shoots the same course as expert, but their 'buy in' is higher and they get cash payouts and have zip to do with the prize table.

You can only level UP, never the opposite. Most people will wind up in beginner and those that have a bit of an idea what they're doing are likely to land in sport.

The minute your 3 match average hits 70% you bump up to expert. You can't drop back down. No sandbagging.

Fees increase as you go up the scale. 100 for beginner, 200 for sport, 300 for expert, and I dunno? 500 for pro?

Whatever number generates the kind of payout thats appealing. AG Cup was a 10k buy in, right? If you have 10 guys buy in at 500 each that's a $5000 pool for the pros.

Lower the cost of admission for new guys, get them in their own classes with their own awards, etc. and devise a system that tracks scores and sets the level of competition automatically based on the scores.

Forcing everybody into open is retarded and calling a $2500 rifle from a custom shop a 'factory rifle' is the guy hitting on the retarded girl at the fair.
This sounds reasonable to me...now can it actually be rolled out in any practical sense is the question

There are issues implementing beginner class. Guys will either sandbag to barely stay at the top or really good guys will pretend to be beginners and shoot every once in a while.

I don't care if you shoot once a year for three years, 3 scores and you're bumped into higher divisions whether you like it or not.

You have no idea during the match how many points will keep you under 50% and if you want to intentionally do that shitty, on purpose, to stay in beginner have at it.

I don't care if you shoot once a year for three years, 3 scores and you're bumped into higher divisions whether you like it or not.

You have no idea during the match how many points will keep you under 50% and if you want to intentionally do that shitty, on purpose, to stay in beginner have at it.
Guys can put different names down and the guys chilling comfortably in beginner will piss off the real beginners. I get the frustration but I've seen it happen at a local club and the owner said screw beginner class. Some guys in beginner were out-shooting open class and when they were moved to open by the owner, the "beginner shooters" made a big fit and said look at the rules about what it takes to be beginner, I'm a beginner....

I would like to see something different, I'm just giving my experience in what I've seen for "beginner class"

Dunno what his 'beginner' requirements are but that's the point of using percentages based on performance.

Again, you don't know during the match what it's going to take to wind up in a given class.

You could ask somebody you think is doing well how many points he's got, but that's points not percentage. It's not as easy to game it as you'd think.

If somebody was using a fake name, lol, I'd ban you for life if you're that big a fuck you're willing to lie about who you are so you can drop down to a lower class and beat up on guys who haven't progressed yet.

People aren't nearly as good at lying as they think.

It kinda mirrored what you suggested. 3 scores and a bump up out of beginner.

As far as fake name, first name and than middle name. Technically not lying and I agree they should be kicked but its tougher to track than you think.

As far as sandbagging, you can do a pretty good job of gauging off of someone else. It's why guys are asking each other what the scores are. If I want to win a match, I'm gonna invest in a top shooters score and hope to beat it by one. I've guessed where I was gonna be at during a 2 day match a few times and ended up being pretty close.

What sport implements your scale of classes, maybe it will give me a better understanding.

As a race car driver in the National Majors for serious Amateur or Pro, the playground is level, same courses but the score from qualification process dictates whether one is qualified in the National. Cars are heavily regulated by pages of rules to make it about drivers from cheaper class for the beginner to the ridiculously expensive classes. There are really good Amateurs competing with "Pros" and you cannot tell who is better in many classes.
In the Series that you see on TV are too expensive to run by most serious Amateurs and have mostly sponsored drivers. Again, qualification is the key.
Golf has a handicap system and the way to make this work. People take pride on being a low handicap.
I think the system proposed earlier makes sense. The Entry level classes should be like Spec Miata or Spec Racer Ford that it is heavily regulated to reduce the cost while having sufficient performance and emphasize on closer competition.
Im a newbie to this sport so what do I know. But sometimes, it takes a fresh idea to make it work.

If someone decides to sandbag it can be pretty easily rooted out by scores that currently exist. There's already a very good standard to go by based on prior match scores. Also, if they decide to sandbag then fuck them. They have to live with being a POS, not the rest of us.
There's plenty of data out there already to have an idea if someone is sandbagging. I don't think the concept should be trashed because of a couple bad apples. We have to accept there may not be a perfect system, but we can further progress from what is currently going on.

They have to live with it and so the test of the beginners. Especially if you have prize tables for beginners. Im playing devils advocate and bringing up why the class is too difficult to track based on what I've seen. Having a set of rules on allowed equipment or factory ammo makes more sense.

They have to live with it and so the test of the beginners. Especially if you have prize tables for beginners. Im playing devils advocate and bringing up why the class is too difficult to track based on what I've seen. Having a set of rules on allowed equipment or factory ammo makes more sense.

I don't see how that doing that separates a field, which brings us back to square one. You're using a club match as an example, whose resources seem limited and poorly ran. Why didn't he just assign shooters a competition number? Cripes, I'm sorry but sounds like his troubleshooting skills and his backbone are lacking. If someone showed up and used a fake name, kick their ass out and ban them.
I've made suggestions very similar to lawnmm in regards to increasing match fees as you progress. The amount of shooters out there who don't compete because of the aforementioned issues is probably 50:1. The sport can either grow or it will become stagnant and die. Monthly club matches around the country are having no problem with numbers and that should say something.

Wait, so I gotta pay more for the same match if i don’t suck? Lol

u want cheap, cost effective...shoot clubs

2 days were supposed to be for the big boys til the little fish realized they didn’t get a warm fuzzy from not being at the top

Reactions: Ksracer
People in competition, if they can game the game, they will. I know you think it's easy to track real names or assign numbers but something else will come up and bite you in the ass.

If it's so easy to do all the things you guys request, than do it. I'd love to join. But I'm positive that if you witness it firsthand, you'd grow discontent behind beginner class.

The answer is simple, you can do this across the board,

Limited and Open, just like I have been saying, super easy to track, even easier to regulate, gives people both options, as well if a Pro shooters drops into the limited class category he or she does not have an advantage

Open is wide open, very minor restrictions, and Limited is restricted and or limited to the point even a production rifle will work.

Two classes works across the board, Club Match or National, it's upfront, everyone knows, not overly complicated, and works within the current frame of shooters.

if you look at the way people approach competition this fits, Open and Limited, end of story.

Yup, equipment divisions are simple.

I didn't see anybody mention it, but isn't PRS already doing performance based classes in their Pro Series with the Pro, Semi-pro, Marksman and Amateur classifications?

Yup, equipment divisions are simple.

I didn't see anybody mention it, but isn't PRS already doing performance based classes in their Pro Series with the Pro, Semi-pro, Marksman and Amateur classifications?
If they are, you can't really tell. Everyone shoots in the same "class" and once you get enough points you earn the title pro or marksman. It's just a tag that gets put next to your name. @glefos Do you shoot any matches and can you tell any difference in the classes?

No matches yet, but soon. Finishing my first precision rifle build after many years shooting USPSA. Production vs Open was an initial consideration but I said screw it, building an Open gun. I have no expectation the gun will make a results difference while I'm learning a new shooting sport.

Reactions: sleeplz
A real factory production rifle worth >$2.5K (AI, Sako, etc...) wont qualify, but a "production" MPA, GAP, etc... that are disguised customs and are put together specifically for PRS do, just because they happen to be priced $2,499.99. Yeah,makes a lots of sense. Production division should not be based on price. If you want to have price limits then it should be applied to any rifle, production or custom. You want to have a <$2,500 limit fine, but don't tell a guy who bought a Tikka CTR 5 years ago and dropped it in some chassis last month for total $1.7K spent that he doesn't qualify for production class even though everything on his rifle is "production".

Wait, so I gotta pay more for the same match if i don’t suck? Lol

u want cheap, cost effective...shoot clubs

2 days were supposed to be for the big boys til the little fish realized they didn’t get a warm fuzzy from not being at the top

This has always confused me why so many people without a chance show up. I get that it’s a destination shoot kinda thing. But it’s still a ton of people showing up overall who won’t be near the top.

You can shoot probably 10-20 club matches for the same price as a 2day when you add all the expenses up. And you’ll get 10-20x the experience/practice.

Asking on an old thread but since its related; What is Class 1? First season in PRS and when I try to register on Practiscore there is a choice of Open, Tactical, Production & Class 1. Scanned all of PRS rule book but did not find Class 1 anywhere (or missed it).

Once upon a time a horse show was held in Middle Tennessee. A Tennessee Walking Horse show. The judge of the show was an honest but critical man. After the Stake Class finished exhibiting, (final class of the evening, the class where the winner of the show is determined) the judge announced his decision. Because of the (lack of) quality of the horses, the best place he would give was 3rd.

A true, honest but very, very unpopular decision.

My point, yes I am entered in Production class. No, I really don’t expect a participation trophy. I suspect I may stink up the place so bad, I may be lucky if I am not thrown off the shooting grounds after the first stage.

I keep reminding myself of Henry Ford. To Quote,“if you think you can or think you can’t, You’’re correct.” I keep telling myself, “IMPACT, IMPACT.” regardless of the class, wish me luck, cause I am gonna need it.

Remember, in any competition, its not the trophy, but it is really is about setting your best time, earning your best score, setting a personal record. Because, trophies are cheap, for a few dollars you can purchase a nice one, but a personal best, is priceless.

Reactions: DH302
Asking on an old thread but since its related; What is Class 1? First season in PRS and when I try to register on Practiscore there is a choice of Open, Tactical, Production & Class 1. Scanned all of PRS rule book but did not find Class 1 anywhere (or missed it).
Class 1 is a Practiscore thing. It has nothing to do with PRS, or anything related to our type of shooting for that matter. It shows up by default when a MD is setting up a match and if they don't purposefully remove it, it will remain an option. It won't matter whether it is selected or not. Just ignore it.

Reactions: sachsmart