• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS rifle second barrel initial results...

stevieb92

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Some early results from my PRS rifle and it’s second barrel. The barrel was chambered by Southern Precision Rifles and I’m super happy so far! I only put about 30 rounds through it over the weekend and picked a random load (1.5 grains less than my match load for the other barrel) for it’s first outing. The target pic is the first 10 shots in two 5 shot groups. Interesting that the point of impact shift was left and low compared to the first barrel. Considering I had completely disassembled the rifle I wasn’t sure what to expect. For the first five, I did a mini break in where I cleaned between each shot. That first group measured .56 moa. I made a quick scope adjustment for a rough zero and shot the next five fairly quickly. That group measured .36 moa. All ten were shot from a modified prone position on a bench and with the magnetospeed hanging on the barrel. The next 20 were shot at random steel targets at varying distances with very good hit percentage. So far, I’m super happy and looking forward to load development after some more rounds down the barrel. Get out and shoot! 🇺🇸

First barrel disassembly.jpg

PRS Rifle with second barrel.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0751.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0739.jpg