• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS rifle

Muzzleloader1

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2023
Denver
I’m looking to build a custom 6mm PRS rifle. I’m debating going with a Stuteville mounted Impact action with a Bartlein barrel on their CNC machine. Or should I go with a gun smith mounted impact action with Bartlein barrel?

Thanks in advance.

I’m looking to build a custom 6mm PRS rifle. I’m debating going with a Stuteville mounted Impact action with a Bartlein barrel on their CNC machine. Or should I go with a gun smith mounted impact action with Bartlein barrel?

Thanks in advance.
They are the same. Literally.

Impact makes the action. Wade Stutteville spins the barrels. All their barrels are Bartlein.

Probably one of the most popular PRS setups.

Reactions: camocorvette
The difference with a good gunsmith is your chamber will be the same from barrel to barrel. My smith uses cnc and i havent changed my sizing die for 3 barrels. I literally cant measure any difference in fired brass. The prefits shoot light out but there may be small differences barrel to barrel.