• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS specific gun shop Indiana

Misfit_

The Crimson Ghost
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2019
My local Gunshop unfortunately closed, so now I’m in the hunt for a new one. Anyone in Indiana have one they truly trust and that’s more focused on the long range side of things. Rather then just wanting to sell uncle mikes and pink Taurus’s to granny’s

Does such a unicorn exist anywhere?
Probably not lol, I mean Honestly I could just travel to area419 or short action in Ohio but I’d rather build a rapport with a local smith to order parts through and such but nowadays it’s probably easier to just order online and deal with it myself. Based near Indianapolis for reference

I hope you have the mass of PRS(style) shooters to support it. Our sport is fun, but niche. The money is in Uncle Mikes and pink pepper spray...
It's not me.

Supporting local is nice, but doesn’t always get you where you want to be. Ask around at the local prs match, see who smithed their’s. And if they are all running factory builds or shipped off parts…. There is your answer.

It took me a while to find a good smith where i live. I brought him the first shorter barrel 6.5cm, to which he did not understand why i would do such a thing. Then he saw it in action. Anyways, he is not cheap and backlogged. Both of those are signs he is a good smith. Someone who is like “oh, i could knock that out this week” cannot be all that great or he would be busy. At least typically….

Reactions: Misfit_
Where is this unicorn going to be in VA?
I'm curious too.

Sorry to go a little off topic but if you're in VA, Green Top outside of Ashland, VA right off 95 is pretty good. I've stopped in there numerous times and they have a decent selection of long range gear like Atlas bipods & accessories, Vortex and NF optics and mounts, Bergara, Tikka, and some others. Small selection of chassis systems, I think I remember seeing MPA and Magpul. I don't remember seeing much like rear bags and pillow bags but they also carried steel targets.

Reactions: kindabitey
Haven't been to Greentop is years. That and Dominion Outdoors in the valley are the best spots in the state that I've been to. For general sporting goods anyway. I've had to learn a lot on my own since there aren't really any places that can stock PRS level stuff. And trial and error from the internet purchases. I rotate between fishing, shooting and archery. IF there was a competent store that handled all three, I don't know about it. And don't say Cabelas. Their additions to the VA sporting good scene has not been all that great.

Anyone in Indiana have one they truly trust and that’s more focused on the long range side of things.

I'm in western OH but.........................
9-Putin-Laughing-Gif.gif

Good luck finding that around here