• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS

Rickyd1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2023
England
Hi all, I’m new to the PRS world, but not new to shooting, I have been shooting for 20 years, and would like to have a go at PRS. I have just taken delivery for a accuracy international at-x. I would like some advise on other kit.

Bags- I have looked at the Armageddon sticky game changer, however the shipping is $93 alone! So I don’t want to be ordering the wrong stuff. What bag is the best? I see that people use multiple bags, what other bags would be needed? Ideally I’d buy all from the same manufacturer to cut the delivery costs down.

As for scopes, I have considered the following:
Sightron s8 - which seems impossible to buy in the UK

Delta Stryker
Nightforce atacr
Schmidt pm2
Zco 5-27x56

My fist choice is the sightron due to seeming good value for money. I don’t mind spending more if the optics really are worth the extra cash. However if the sightron or delta are good enough then I might as well buy one of them.

Mounts- I’m considering either tier one, or spuhr.

Brake- originally I was going to get a gen 3 fat bastard. However the strike without warning seems to be catching people’s eye?

Last edited:
I would get an S&B considering that you guys get good pricing on them over there. An AI deserves a top tier optic and the delta and sightron are not it.

I like the full sized waxed canvas standard fill gamechanger the most but also like the schmedium sticky. I would want both. A pillow is a good bag to have too, I like the Wiebads for that. The todd bag and the pump pillow are what I've always used.

Spuhr mounts are great, as are NF mounts, Eratac, and others.

APA's are great brakes, personally I shoot suppressed and cans are super easy to get over there. There's a lot of great brakes though, I would just pick a solid self timing one.

I really like the wax canvas shmedium with sand fill. It does really well as a all around bag. You could order it with getlite and order a sand refill with it. Then you could play with both fills.

I have zero experience with the strike without warning break but I have seen a lot of them at matches recently. I don’t think you can go wrong with either that you mentioned.

I would recommend finding a scope that has a reticle you like and a zeroing system that’s user friendly. I have been running a Kahles k525i I really like the zeroing process over the nightforce atacr. Also the atacr ocular lens rotates when you adjust magnification. This can be annoying if you run scope caps. But you shouldn’t be adjusting magnification on the clock either.

Enjoy your at-x!!!!