• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

prvi partizan ammunition.

markc.mcconnell

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2010
Phoenix AZ
Good day all. I am new here and didn't see a specific place for ammo topics so if this isn't right please help me. I purchased a rem 700 sps tactical and was given a couple of boxes of prvi partizan .308 match ammo to try. ( The lady at my local store is fantastic ). Does anyone have any experience with this ammo and how does it compare to federal or any other match grade ammo. Thanks again for your help and time.

Re: prvi partizan ammunition.

there are guys here that shoot it at matches and seem pleased. but your rifle may not like it, its hard to say. its 168g hpbt i believe. ive never heard anything negative. be sure to let us know how it works for you

Some guns love it and some don't. At $20 a box keep your fingers crossed your new toy likes it. If I remember correctly its not boxer primed so the brass is junk..

Thanks for the help. These seem to shoot good. Reloading isn't something that I am doing now but thanks for that info. I planned on going out this weekend to the range but we have ALOT of snow here and cann't get down there. thanks again.

Very good in my FAL, equal to Lake City match...

My T3 did not like it one bit. Struggled to put in anything better than 1" groups at 100 yards. The brass, however, is quite decent. It can be reloaded, and is reportedly made on old Lapua machines. There is a reasonable degree of variance in case capacity though if the weight of each case is anything to go by (an extreme difference of 3-4 grains).

Hope that helps,

Matthais_31

My Stevens doesn't like it. But all barrels are different.

Good luck,
Merritt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BULLET SPONGE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some guns love it and some don't. At $20 a box keep your fingers crossed your new toy likes it. If I remember correctly its not boxer primed so the brass is junk.. </div></div>

It is boxer primed. I've reloaded a bunch of it, brass is fine for a couple of reloads.

Blasting ammo--PRVI is o.k. but...

if you want precision loads... stay clear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BULLET SPONGE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some guns love it and some don't. At $20 a box keep your fingers crossed your new toy likes it. If I remember correctly its not boxer primed so the brass is junk.. </div></div>

It is boxer primed. I've reloaded a bunch of it, brass is fine for a couple of reloads. </div></div>

Ok so I remembered wrong..getting more and more frequent as I get older...

I got the 168 Match HPBTs. I've got a few round through my SPS Tactical while I was home on leave and my rifle loves them. Its pretty cheap ammo for its performance.
I can't wait to get it out past 100 though.

I would get .75" 5shot groups at 100 yards with my Rem 5R and Prvi 175gr match ammo. I was good pratice ammo, and you can get it cheaper than $20 online if you dont reload.

I have shot a case over the past few years, what I have discovered is the following: the concentricity of the bullet varies at the hollow point by as much as .03 between bullets and the weight of the loaded round has varied as much as 2.4 grains over a collective group of 100. My accuracy increased when weighing the rounds and seperating them by group, rather then just shooting them as them come out of each package.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have shot a case over the past few years, what I have discovered is the following: the concentricity of the bullet varies at the hollow point by as much as .03 between bullets and the weight of the loaded round has varied as much as 2.4 grains over a collective group of 100. My accuracy increased when weighing the rounds and seperating them by group, rather then just shooting them as them come out of each package. </div></div>

what kind of accuracy were you able to get by sorting???

What would happen to the groups is the flyers would not open up the five shot cluster since this variable was taken out of the equation. The 308 rifles (shot a full case of ammo) that were shot shrunk from a 5 shot .7-1moa group down to a solid .5-.6 with the 308 rifles (the rifles used were a savage 112 bt, a remington 40 xc and a sg&y custom krieger barrel). I had also purchased a case of their 69 grain hpbt 223 ammo and using my Les Baer super varmints in 223 the groups would produce on occasion the 5 shot clover in the 3's, with an average just over .5 moa vs the 5 shot groups that were over double the size due to the flyers when not sorted. Bang for the buck it pretty good stuff for a day at the range or ridding varmints out to 300+ yards, just spend some time weight the rounds and sorting them if you really want to see the accuracy potential of the ammo.... A dead coyote does not know your an inch off at 200-400 yards...dead is dead.

My GAP with a Bartlein barrel seemed to hate the stuff. I was chasing bullets around the X ring. Knowing I didn't pull shots yet it was 1" off the other round. Finally just gave up shooting it and put it in the cabinet. Its good for putting rounds down range, but make sure you aren't adjusting the scope for rounds. It will be frustrating at best.

Ok went to the range with it today. After getting my new scope dialed in and firing 20 rounds the last three are in a triangle that can be covered with a quarter. I will acquire some federal later on and check them against them to cure my curiousity. Thank all of you that have given me input on this.

Shot a box of it through another member's 308 M700 and it ran neck and neck with BH Match in the 168gr flavor.

It's pretty warm loads, the brass is good stuff, and it reloads well. Held clover leafs at 100y with the stock barreled action (new stock and good glass) and at 400y hits on MOA targets were not hard to acheive.

The 168gr match stuff I had was decent accuracy but the primers in them look to be small rifle primers? I don't want to bother to try reloading those.....

My Tikka T3 also doesn't like them much. I had 100 (168) for a test and can also confirm weight and meplat variance. I would also add that you check COAL as i've found that varies too, which might have even bigger effect on accuracy. Still decently priced stuff and if it works for you i think its a good choice. I think they also have new 190gr bullet so that or 175 might work better if 168 doesn't.