• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prvi Partizan PPU .308 brass any good / safe for subs?

TOP PREDATOR

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2008
SCRANTON AREA PENNSYLVANIA
some sort of serbian brass (Prvi Partizan), found some laying at the range once fired.

anyone try this stuff? just need it to be good / safe enough to "work down" some .308 subsonic loads through maybe 3 cycles of 10.7 - 9.5 trailboss to get some rough general data / warm fuzzies before using known good brass.

hit and miss reports found elsewhere, the advanced search here didn't give me any good leads when it comes to SS loads.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/search.php?searchid=5532432

thanks!

you would think since the brass can handle supersonic full loads it could handle subsonic ones, try them out and let us know how they performed.

I've loaded 223 6.5 Carcano and 308 Privi brass-no worries here.

So far I've loaded the Carcano brass 5 times with no problems whatsoever. Only loaded the 223 and 308 once because the Hornady and Lapua brass I'd ordered showed up---finally! I know it's not a great example but the Privi brass is much better than PMC brass-in my opinion.

the privi brass is generally harder than most other brands. with similar full power loads, it will split sooner than other brands. if you are running subsonic loads through it, you wont have an issue.

Should be fine. I'm using their .308 brass for forming into 6.5 CM. No problems here with their brass at all (.308, 8mm Mauser => 9.3x57mm, .243 and .22 Hornet).

If you don't want them, I'll take them.

...i only picked up 17 of them probably going to get used up during SS load development.

from what i've researched about brass for SS in general, many say to use a dedicated set of brass for SS vs. full loads, these will be among them.

thanks guys, the help is always appreciated.