• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prvi Partzen 7.5 Swiss Brass. Has Very Tight Primer

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    I just bought a bag of 50 Prvi Partizan brass The primer pockets were really tight. I had just loaded 150 rounds of 7.62X554R S&B brass using the same Winchester LR primers without incident. I really had to exert a Lot of pressure to seat the primer in the PP brass. Anyone else have this problem?
    :shock:

Very common "issue" with new PPU brass. Add a light chamfer to the primer pocket during prep and it should guide the primers in more smoothly, but still be quite tight. When I loaded for K31s I believe even 5 firings later they were still tight pockets but becoming manageable. It's quite solid brass otherwise.

Reactions: SD Carpenter
    I'm reloading using brass from PPU factory ammo, both for 308 and 7.62x54R. Tight isn't really my experience when priming this brass, it is however quite inconsistent with some going in with ease and some noticeably stiffer, sometimes requiring both hands on the hand priming tool to seat them fully.