• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PS5/4 sniper games - what all is out there?

DonHD1975

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2020
Hey guys. Just got my PS5, after trying for 10 months, and coming from a old as hell PS3 and not really keeping up with the games that were on PS4, what all is out these days for sniper games? I usually only play driving games but I need something different to nerd out on this winter. Ky weather is unpredictable as can be I want to use this thing since I tried for so long and paid so much for. You know $499 is too much for a video game but $2k for a gun is a great deal. lol. Im also slowly piecing together a budget driving sim for this as well. Also does anyone know if there is any gun controllers for PS platform like nintendo had with Duck Hunt? Yep i just showed my age there. LOL.

Modern Warfare is pretty fun with bullet drop and actual reticals. I think the online version is free. Great time waste.

Reactions: DonHD1975
Not sure what they have on the PS platform; I have an Xbox One, wanting an Xbox X...I play mostly racing games, and have a wheel/pedals/chair set up that is pretty sweet. For "sniper" games, Sniper Elite is my favorite in the "sniper" kind of games, Sniper Ghost Warrior is good, Far Cry has some long range "shooting". I use a regular controller for the FPS games...sucks compared to a mouse and keyboard I used when I was playing FPS game on the computer 20 years ago.

Logitech G920 wheel and pedals, "Openwheeler Gen 2" for the chair.

wheel.jpg

Not sure what they have on the PS platform; I have an Xbox One, wanting an Xbox X...I play mostly racing games, and have a wheel/pedals/chair set up that is pretty sweet. For "sniper" games, Sniper Elite is my favorite in the "sniper" kind of games, Sniper Ghost Warrior is good, Far Cry has some long range "shooting". I use a regular controller for the FPS games...sucks compared to a mouse and keyboard I used when I was playing FPS game on the computer 20 years ago.

View attachment 7694429
Nice setup. Yeah I’m not going for a contract with a racing team but I want to be able compete too. I’ve been looking at the Logitech and Thrustmaster as well.

Nice setup. Yeah I’m not going for a contract with a racing team but I want to be able compete too. I’ve been looking at the Logitech and Thrustmaster as well.
My Son in Law can beat me with a regular controller on arcade type racing games...but even he appreciates how nice the seat/wheel is. I whoop his tail when "realistic" physics are in play.

Reactions: DonHD1975
My Son in Law can beat me with a regular controller on arcade type racing games...but even he appreciates how nice the seat/wheel is. I whoop his tail when "realistic" physics are in play.
That will for sure be me. My daughter is great with a regular controller.

View attachment 7694429

Yeah, the Sniper Elite series is about the best thing going for pure sniping fun. I haven't played any of the Sniper Ghost Warrior games yet, though I picked up Sniper GW 3 on the PS4 awhile back.

As for WarZone/Modern Warfare, I honestly can't recommend it. MW19 was an amazing game when it came out, as was WarZone. However, it's been so poorly mismanaged that it's INCREDIBLY overrun with hackers these days. They're supposed to be releasing anti-cheat software for it soon, but they've been selling the same line of bullshit on that for months and months. I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, it's a waste of time, IMO. And even when it WAS fun and balanced/not overrun with cheaters, it's not incredibly realistic if that's what you're after. Yeah, it has bullet drop. However, there's no wind to account for, scope glint gives your position away, and rifles like the AI AX50 barely break armor when, IMO, they should be one shot drops, two at most. Other, lesser caliber rifles will dominate you more than a freakin' .50BMG will. But it's free, so if you want to try it out, be my guest. As someone who played it from release and loved it back then, it's gutter swill in comparison to what it once was.

Yeah, the Sniper Elite series is about the best thing going for pure sniping fun. I haven't played any of the Sniper Ghost Warrior games yet, though I picked up Sniper GW 3 on the PS4 awhile back.

As for WarZone/Modern Warfare, I honestly can't recommend it. MW19 was an amazing game when it came out, as was WarZone. However, it's been so poorly mismanaged that it's INCREDIBLY overrun with hackers these days. They're supposed to be releasing anti-cheat software for it soon, but they've been selling the same line of bullshit on that for months and months. I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, it's a waste of time, IMO. And even when it WAS fun and balanced/not overrun with cheaters, it's not incredibly realistic if that's what you're after. Yeah, it has bullet drop. However, there's no wind to account for, scope glint gives your position away, and rifles like the AI AX50 barely break armor when, IMO, they should be one shot drops, two at most. Other, lesser caliber rifles will dominate you more than a freakin' .50BMG will. But it's free, so if you want to try it out, be my guest. As someone who played it from release and loved it back then, it's gutter swill in comparison to what it once was.
I am writing all these down for sure. I started a file on my computer earlier and have a lot of researdhing to do. Thanks for all the info.