• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA AR10

Poorboyr

shooter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Ohio
Just putting this out there. I finally broke down and pieced together a PSA AR10 20” rifle. I wanted to know if a cheap rifle could shoot.

I have to say I’m really impressed. These were shots 5-11. The first four were zeroing. The ammo was federal gold medal match 168 BTHP. Damn good for a seven shot group in a brand new rifle.

This was a factory rifle. The only thing that was added was an ASR muzzle brake for the suppressor. Not bad at all.

Attachments

• F160851A-0870-4126-8878-1EEF1CEB4D84.jpeg
    F160851A-0870-4126-8878-1EEF1CEB4D84.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 111
Just putting this out there. I finally broke down and pieced together a PSA AR10 20” rifle. I wanted to know if a cheap rifle could shoot.

I have to say I’m really impressed. These were shots 5-11. The first four were zeroing. The ammo was federal gold medal match 168 BTHP. Damn good for a seven shot group in a brand new rifle.

This was a factory rifle. The only thing that was added was an ASR muzzle brake for the suppressor. Not bad at all.
Great to hear.
There are so many anti-PSA people here that I really enjoy it when a good news thread is posted.

Because I’ve read all about the fact that you can’t have an AR10 that shoots unless it costs $5k.

What’s under that finger 😁

Or are you just pointing to the group in case you thought we wouldn’t find it 🤪

Are their standard off the rack barrels consistently great? Probably more of a crapshoot. Are the PA-10 receiver sets decent? I would say the later gen sets are quite good. I have 2 of them.

I also have one of their early Gen 2 uppers with a Midwest Industries rail and FN CHF 18" barrel and it has been outstanding.

Reactions: 1911hombre
Are their standard off the rack barrels consistently great? Probably more of a crapshoot. Are the PA-10 receiver sets decent? I would say the later gen sets are quite good. I have 2 of them.

I also have one of their early Gen 2 uppers with a Midwest Industries rail and FN CHF 18" barrel and it has been outstanding.
The improvement of PSA's offerings over time have simply gotten better and better.

Thanks for posting that I have been wondering about this... Has anyone played with one?
1704302428363.png

I recently purchased one of their Sabre models in 556 with a 14.5 barrel, and that little gun is a shooter. I’ve only run it at 50 yds (Don’t laugh!) to get it on paper, but it is giving me .5 groups with 55 gr fmj that was speed loaded on my dillon. I bought it to be a truck gun for when we travel to the beach or mtns, so I’m very pleased with it so far. Our Mtn house is pretty isolated, and if something goes down, the cavalry is not coming, so I needed something affordable and reliable that I wouldn’t cry over if it got a little beat up. I have to admit, for an AR snob, it has impressed me so far.

Reactions: MadDuner
it's the qc that is the issue with psa

I'd build aero before psa as too many burns

Reactions: FuhQ

Do you mind sharing what you did to piece it together? Did you take it all apart and then reassemble with loc tight, proper torques, etc?

Nice job. Glad it's working out.

God bless America

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Do you mind sharing what you did to piece it together? Did you take it all apart and then reassemble with loc tight, proper torques, etc?

Nice job. Glad it's working out.

God bless America
No problem.

I bought their complete AR10 lower and complete AR10 upper. Put them together added a magpul magazine and only replaced the factory PSA muzzle brace with an ASR one.

Nothing fancy. Now I have since added some more aftermarket goodies to see if if shoots better. It definitely looks the part better. 🤣🤣

Every product I’ve seen from them has been pretty damn good. Especially for the price.
They have really stepped up their game A LOT over the last 8-10 years. I have 1 PSA lower, and the fit & finish is REALLY nice and there's virtually zero play when I put it on one of my high-end uppers. No complaints from me.

it's the qc that is the issue with psa

I'd build aero before psa as too many burns
Most of my "poors" uppers are Aero (cosmetic) "blem" uppers I got super cheap on their website, and they're all shooters. I don't have any PSA uppers, just 1 recent production (last couple years) PSA lower, and it's pretty good tolerances.

Most of my "poors" uppers are Aero (cosmetic) "blem" uppers I got super cheap on their website, and they're all shooters. I don't have any PSA uppers, just 1 recent production (last couple years) PSA lower, and it's pretty good tolerances.
I have a couple of PSA uppers . one is a 224 valkyrie setting on a Seekins lower and the other is a premium 20 inch A4 with an F.N. barrel on a poverty pony lower .The valkyrie is a deer killing machine I have fired 6 shot's and dropped six deer where they stood good enough for a bargain basement upper . The A4 for some bizarre reason I decided I need to start shooting iron sight's again at the young age of 64 lol I am satisfied with it. I hover around 1 inch groups at 50 yds with cheap federal 55 grain . deer season is over so I am going to put some targets out at 100 and 200 yds to see how bad I really suck .

I have a couple of PSA uppers . one is a 224 valkyrie setting on a Seekins lower and the other is a premium 20 inch A4 with an F.N. barrel on a poverty pony lower .The valkyrie is a deer killing machine I have fired 6 shot's and dropped six deer where they stood good enough for a bargain basement upper . The A4 for some bizarre reason I decided I need to start shooting iron sight's again at the young age of 64 lol I am satisfied with it. I hover around 1 inch groups at 50 yds with cheap federal 55 grain . deer season is over so I am going to put some targets out at 100 and 200 yds to see how bad I really suck .
Open sights and old eyeballs is humbling... and expensive. Now most of my stuff needs a scope on it just too smooth my damaged ego from attempting open sights!

I have a PSA GF5 (top line) AK47, and it has the FNH barrel in it, and that damn thing is impressive for an AK! Most AK's shoot MOC (Minute Of Comrade), and this thing will consistently drill the center of 5" steel plates at 100 yards with a 1x red dot and cheap Wolf steel case ammo. I've been highly impressed.

Here it is (highly modded). Added the MI handguard, Ergo grip, JMac Customs stock, PSA 1913 pic attachment for the stock, Vortex SPARC Solar 1x red dot, JMac Customs 14-1LH 360 KeyMirco muzzle brake, and my Sandman-S MIL Contract can. It has an ALG Defense trigger in it, too.

IMG_1416.jpeg

you're not a gun guy if you haven't built a 'poors' aero lol

Reactions: FuhQ
No problem.

I bought their complete AR10 lower and complete AR10 upper. Put them together added a magpul magazine and only replaced the factory PSA muzzle brace with an ASR one.

Nothing fancy. Now I have since added some more aftermarket goodies to see if if shoots better. It definitely looks the part better. 🤣🤣
Looking the part is definitely important. I think if I copy your rifle, but in 6.5cm, I won't look out of place if I'm wearing skinny jeans when I shoot.