• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA... Bad seller.. Deebow1.. FAKE ATLAS.

7mmRM

Minuteman
Jul 2, 2004
Celestine, Indiana
A couple weeks ago I put this rifle up for sale or trade. http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/firearms-sale/247495-f-s-ar10-dpms-jp-enterprise

Took the rifle that Deebow1 (Dennis Wells) clearly offered in the post as trade. More so clearly stating the rifle came with a Atlas bipod.

We ship our rifles and everything seems good to go. Until I receive the rifle... Right out of the gate the bipod looks off, and upon further inspection (5seconds) it was determined that is was a fake.

An immediate phone call was placed to the seller. In which he denied knowing anything about it being a fake, but admitted to to buying it off flea bay. Mentioned a half dozen prices he paid for it, and that it said Atlas on it. I said I dont care, this is a $30 fake. I need to be reimbursed accordingly or send me back the DPMS. Seller him haws around, making excuses. Finally says he will make it right and send me some $$. We agree on $200. I even offer to send the POS fake bipod back to him after payment. Says he doesnt have $200 at the moment (despite selling a $4k rig a day or so ealier), but will send $100 on Friday (5/2/14) and the rest a week or so later. Give him the benefit of the doubt, and dont mention a thing til yesterday (5/9/14). As I haven't seen a nickel. Send a text. No reply.

That leaves me with this. I'm not whining about it, but dont want anyone else to get hosed by this shitbag seller. Buyer beware....

Congratulations, on being one of the few that post names etc., I'm sorry for your loss, sounds like this piece of shit will never pay up, but God Bless You for maybe keeping someone else from suffering from his thieving ways! I never have understood why those that have been hosed, for some unknown reason are scared to post names/addresses/ etc., for without that info, why bother! I for one hope you get your money, you've been cheated.

Just so you know the link just brings up the hide forum page. That sucks by the way. Were any pictures exchanged that could have tipped you off earlier?

That's what bothers me about buying on line like this, especially when it's a several thousand dollar custom. But I do have one in the mail to me. Got my fingers crossed it's all legit. If it's a bust trust me I will post name # address and first born child's name.

Not sure why my link didnt work. But Traav got it.

I've done a ton of flawless transactions here sans an issue. On much more expensive items for that matter.

It's still a great place to swap/ sell items.

:To preserve info:

Pm sent I have a Remington SPS tactical in .308 threaded barrel tactical bolt knob it is setting in a accuracy international stock with a night force one piece mount 20 MOA and a all weather hard case and it has an Atlas quick disconnect bipod if you would be interested in trading There has only been 50 shots through this gun and I have 50 Hornaday 168 grain match bullets to go with it I can send pics from my phone my number is 740-255-3201 thank you

Crush this fucker. We don't need assholes like that. I sell and buy a lot here and have had pretty good transactions overall due to the fact it's policed well. I hate to hear this stuff. Hope it gets made right.

Asshole needs a public flogging. It sucks you got burned like that, but it's definitely not the norm around here. I'm always on here buying/selling/trading something and have yet to have a deal go sour, granted the most expensive thing I've bought was a new 6-24 PST. Shit happens, but there's no excuse for ripping someone off.

Crush this fucker. We don't need assholes like that. I sell and buy a lot here and have had pretty good transactions overall due to the fact it's policed well. I hate to hear this stuff. Hope it gets made right.

Roger that

Trauma1

A couple weeks ago I put this rifle up for sale or trade. http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/firearms-sale/247495-f-s-ar10-dpms-jp-enterprise

Took the rifle that Deebow1 (Dennis Wells) clearly offered in the post as trade. More so clearly stating the rifle came with a Atlas bipod.

We ship our rifles and everything seems good to go. Until I receive the rifle... Right out of the gate the bipod looks off, and upon further inspection (5seconds) it was determined that is was a fake.

An immediate phone call was placed to the seller. In which he denied knowing anything about it being a fake, but admitted to to buying it off flea bay. Mentioned a half dozen prices he paid for it, and that it said Atlas on it. I said I dont care, this is a $30 fake. I need to be reimbursed accordingly or send me back the DPMS. Seller him haws around, making excuses. Finally says he will make it right and send me some $$. We agree on $200. I even offer to send the POS fake bipod back to him after payment. Says he doesnt have $200 at the moment (despite selling a $4k rig a day or so ealier), but will send $100 on Friday (5/2/14) and the rest a week or so later. Give him the benefit of the doubt, and dont mention a thing til yesterday (5/9/14). As I haven't seen a nickel. Send a text. No reply.

That leaves me with this. I'm not whining about it, but dont want anyone else to get hosed by this shitbag seller. Buyer beware....

Shit! Remember our phone call? I'm sorry to hear this! I got nervous of my deal with him and backed out. He did tell me he was a highway patrol officer, its a shame this is how he conducts business. Best of luck to you!

Too bad you didn't get the Stellar Tac 30 action with the sniper taper barrel he had for sale in this trade. Might have worked out better. All joking aside, I hope you get it straightened out.

Too bad you didn't get the Stellar Tac 30 action with the sniper taper barrel he had for sale in this trade. Might have worked out better. All joking aside, I hope you get it straightened out.

I said the same thing when I heard who it was :)

Go to his profile and leave negative feedback for your transaction. You can leave comments and everything, just like ebay. Might encourage him to make it right, or prevent him from fucking someone else.

Thanks Lowlight. As someone who has been duped by a fake Atlas advertised as real (on another site), I can't say enough bad things about guys like that.

If he is LEO as claimed, call his department. I guarantee his supervisor will straighten him right out.