• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing PSA:Benchmark Barrels now doing cut rifled barrels

OG10

SME
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2012
Texas
As the title states just got off the phone with Ron and he informed me they are doing cut rifling, right now they are available in 6mm,6.5mm,7mm and 50 cal.they will also do gain twist, and the barrels are cryogenic treated and heat relieved. the best news is the price is not much difference between the cut rifled and their regular barrels.Hope this helps to spread the word , I am not affiliated with benchmark barrels just a satisfied customer if this is old news I apologise.

That’s interesting news. I’ve bought at least seven barrels from them over the years and they’ve all been very accurate. Will have to look into their gain twist next time I’m in the need.

I don't know on the lefthand twist, I have shot their barrels for a while now and have been very happy with the results.I was just putting this out there to let everyone know, I will be making my barrel order tommorrow and will see if I can get any more info, if you have any questions or need specifics give them a call they are great people up there. Their phone #360-652-2594

Last edited:
Anyone have any info on the 4B rifling they're using?

Building a 280ai on one shortly , will review when finished.

I haven’t forgot about this thread my barreled action is still with my Smith been a while also in case you don’t know benchmark is now doing carbon wraps hopefully this rifle will get built and I’ll be able to post up the results.