• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA- Cooked Bartlein during Cerakote

ucsfl05

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 5, 2020
My Dudes,

if you cerakote your brand new Barty CF barrel, MAKE SURE your gunsmith knows that it needs to be low heat (170F or less).
Barty recommends short, low heat or even air dry.
Otherwise the CF will separate from the barrel (see pics)

Im not here to throw anyone under the bus, just want to make sure you guys dont have to go through what I did.
As usual, Bartlein took care of me and re-wrapped the barrel at no charge.

Anyone have recommendations for decent black rattle can paint? Cerakote was ground off in the process.

grmNvMR6RXGlkoqlXohRBg.jpg
5kxA+Jk1Qp6utwlKBZ4AIw.jpg

+1 for Aluma Hyde and thumbs up to Bartlein for taking care of you!!!

Glad Bartlein took care of you! I found out that GAP used air cure cerakote on my Bartlein CFW barreled build for this very reason.

Black Krylon.

Spray it at the range, and then put some rounds through it too bake it on. Paint always sets and cures better baked, so cooking it with ammo shouldn't overheat it.

Reactions: deersniper
I like alumahyde for the ease, but i like the finish of duracoat better. Last barrel I actually painted was with black high temperature grill paint.

Guess ya really need to avoid any long shot strings- lest they have a "rapid unplanned disassembly"

How can anyone run a CF barrel in PRS or other similar comps? The dash in my truck was nearly that temp today...