• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA customer service really does suck

Jgault

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2020
Keller, Texas
I'm not the biggest fan of the Ak platform but from time to time they are fun to shoot, I didn't want to invest to much in a range toy so when I bought my AK47 the PSAK G3 was on sale for less than $500 so I thought why not. The rifle itself was actually better than I expected, decent fit and finish and fired well, until yesterday. After 700 rounds the extractor broke. Given this in itself is ridicules, a normal AK extractor has a service life of 20000 rounds plus. No big deal, I called PSA this morning to have them send another one. Instead they want the rifle shipped back to them. I looked online and it seems their extractors for the ak have a problem breaking, so I explained if you would just mail the $10 part I would be more than happy to invest the 1 minute of my time to install it. No, evidently me hauling the rifle to UPS, mailing it to them, and getting the rifle back in a month if I'm lucky is a much better plan. My biggest issue is the agent stated they had to insure it was installed properly, and they couldn't ship out the part. If that were true then why can you buy the part on their website? So basically if I buy the extractor I can just put it in myself, if the extractor breaks and it needs to be replaced they are the only ones able to do it. I tried to complain, the agent said he was the only one I could talk to and hung up. It's probably for the best, there are polish and Russian extractors online for 10-15 dollars. Which leads me to a question, is there any difference in comblock ak extractors? I've seen Polish, Russian, and east German, and ak operators union has one for sale that is made here, and given how hard he is on rifles it seems it would be durable as well.

Reactions: Constructor
It may seem unreasonable to you but this sounds like standard warranty procedures. They have to receive the rifle in order to properly diagnose the issue on their side in order to avoid liability.

I get that, and I'm just slightly irritated about it, I was planning to keep the one they sent me as a spare in any case, it's not like I would trust it. As far as avoiding liability that can't be the case, they are more than happy to sell me the same part and have me install it, this is simply to make it not worth my time. For a $10 part it's not even worth the trip to UPS, I'm sure they are more than aware of that, not to mention they could have the rifle for a few months from what I've read about their warranty returns.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
One is requesting a warranty repair. The other is purchasing a replacement part. You can’t call up the Chevy dealer and request a warranty replacement shipped to your house. You have to take the vehicle in. But, you can buy the part from the parts department if you like. Same thing.

I've had to send my 9mm upper in twice now. They didn't fix it the first time. Both times it was right at 3 weeks turnaround time.

I get surprised on here sometimes with the AK knowledge that some guys have. However, AKFiles might be a better place to go with this to get a better target audience for the answers you seek. Breaking extractors can be caused by fit/alignment issues. I would want to send it to them to check it out.

I get surprised on here sometimes with the AK knowledge that some guys have. However, AKFiles might be a better place to go with this to get a better target audience for the answers you seek. Breaking extractors can be caused by fit/alignment issues. I would want to send it to them to check it out.

I thought the same thing at first but ak extractors fail so rarely I searched the net, and the amount of psak broken extractors is extraordinarily high, and they all seem to break just like clockwork at 500 to 700 rounds. Part of it is obvious, if you’ve ever shot one the gun was built over gassed which I actually like,I’ve shot a few of them and they both throw casings and literally bounce off the awning ceiling at the range, but it’s also extremely reliable assuming the extractor is in one piece. I understand what some people are saying, maybe as I get older i’m just losing my patience, I just would have been fine if they mailed me the part, according to other posts online just replacing the extractor with a comblock one fixes the problem, evidently they can take allot more abuse.

As noted above.

Is it crap metal in the extractor or a poor alignment causing the issue?

I think your only and most valid complaint if from the hang-up on the other end of the phone at PSA.

i can also imagine that when they didnt do it your way you werent exactly easy to deal with.

like this penny in my hand. 2 sides. Both quite different.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Ak platform but from time to time they are fun to shoot, I didn't want to invest to much in a range toy so when I bought my AK47 the PSAK G3 was on sale for less than $500 so I thought why not. The rifle itself was actually better than I expected, decent fit and finish and fired well, until yesterday. After 700 rounds the extractor broke. Given this in itself is ridicules, a normal AK extractor has a service life of 20000 rounds plus. No big deal, I called PSA this morning to have them send another one. Instead they want the rifle shipped back to them. I looked online and it seems their extractors for the ak have a problem breaking, so I explained if you would just mail the $10 part I would be more than happy to invest the 1 minute of my time to install it. No, evidently me hauling the rifle to UPS, mailing it to them, and getting the rifle back in a month if I'm lucky is a much better plan. My biggest issue is the agent stated they had to insure it was installed properly, and they couldn't ship out the part. If that were true then why can you buy the part on their website? So basically if I buy the extractor I can just put it in myself, if the extractor breaks and it needs to be replaced they are the only ones able to do it. I tried to complain, the agent said he was the only one I could talk to and hung up. It's probably for the best, there are polish and Russian extractors online for 10-15 dollars. Which leads me to a question, is there any difference in comblock ak extractors? I've seen Polish, Russian, and east German, and ak operators union has one for sale that is made here, and given how hard he is on rifles it seems it would be durable as well.
You are a dumbass and I don't have time to play games with dumbasses today so I will spell a few things out for you.

Whether you like it or not , PSA's policy is to send the rifle back. Send the fucking rifle back.

Don't ever buy a Ruger. Last I new they won't even sell gunsmith parts. (Could be wrong on that).

It boils down to liability, liability, liability.

They want to give the entire rifle a check over for quality issues.. They do NOT KNOW your skill or ability and if after you preform the repair someone is injured they will be on the hook. Oh maybe not by you, but the lawyers will make sure it happens.

Don't be a dumbass and come on here bitching, when you were given a process to follow to get the rifle fixed, you just choose not to follow that procedure.

Last edited:
IdleSpicyFish-size_restricted.gif

You are a dumbass and I don't have time to play games with dumbasses today so I will spell a few things out for you.

Whether you like it or not , PSA's policy is to send the rifle back. Send the fucking rifle back.

Don't ever buy a Ruger. Last I new they won't even sell gunsmith parts. (Could be wrong on that).

They want to give the entire rifle a check over for quality issues.. They do NOT KNOW your skill or ability and if after you preform the repair someone is injured they will be on the hook. Oh maybe not by you, but the lawyers will make sure it happens.

Don't be a dumbass and come on here bitching, when you were given a process to follow to get the rifle fixed, you just choose not to follow that procedure.

Not being in uniform gives me the ability to complain about just about anything I like, I don’t do it often but if I wish to I will, I can promise that there is a long list of things you complain about that is meaningless to me and a even longer list of people couldn’t care less about, the only difference I don’t make a habit of being insulting, the reason I don’t is probably the same reason you do, just the the way I was raised. Just a old saying you can’t fake good kids.

@Jgault - you asked for it man.

It was explained to you why they couldnt do it your way.

I have kids. They do the same stuff when they dont get their way.
its my fault they didnt do their chores and dont get ice cream while the rest do.

lemme get this right:
New guy signs up on a precision rifle forum.
Posts bitching about CS from w company that sells cheap firearms
Many explain why the company says it needs to be their way to fix it.
Still unhappy he isnt in an echo chamber
Gets called out in non-gentle terms that are true
Then gets high and mighty about how HE doesnt like being insulted.

Note that it took several posts before someone called you a dumbass.

Biggest question: Did PSA offer to pay shipping to and from for the warranty repair?

"Not being in uniform"!!!! WTF! No where, ever, in the history of planet earth, will you ever hear even close to the amount of incessant belly aching, bitching, grumbling, whining, and moaning that you will in the military. Not on a slave plantation, not in a prison, nowhere will you hear complaining like you will in uniform.

Every officer worth his salt knows that this is a sign of contentment and high moral. It is when the men stop bitching and complaining, and no one says a word, that you know shit is really bad and moral needs to be addressed.

???? too much coffee? c'mon man, be better than this

the reality is PSA sucks, always has and always will because their QC sucks. No need to call another poster names and be irritated in the manner you are. This forum is a great forum precisely because people don't go there like this

Reactions: hellishot
I get that, and I'm just slightly irritated about it, I was planning to keep the one they sent me as a spare in any case, it's not like I would trust it. As far as avoiding liability that can't be the case, they are more than happy to sell me the same part and have me install it, this is simply to make it not worth my time. For a $10 part it's not even worth the trip to UPS, I'm sure they are more than aware of that, not to mention they could have the rifle for a few months from what I've read about their warranty returns.
you are right and part of the reason for such warranty procedures by many companies. In fact, warranty pricing includes this!

How does "send your rifle in and we'll fix it" equate to PSA customer service really does suck?

Kinda a shitty thread title. Not fair whatsoever. They're more than happy to fix it for you. You just don't like the process. That has zero to do with their customer service and more to do with your expectations. You know how you avoid disappointment? Don't have expectations.

My one CS experience with PSA was extremely good. I bought an AR10 upper off of Gunbroker from what I assume is an authorized dealer. After it wouldn't eject properly I contacted PSA. They wanted the original receipt. I couldn't find it and forgot about it for about a year. I contacted PSA again. They noted I had contacted them once and were waiting for the original receipt. I contacted GB who put me in touch with the original seller who provided me with a receipt. I send the upper in, on their dime, and they sent me a check for the full amount I paid the seller. Read that again, PSA gave me a FULL refund from another seller. They literally loss money. I then turned around a bought another AR10 upper directly from them at nearly half the cost. It has run perfectly since. Even suppressed. They continue to get my money. ALL my AR15s I built form them, about 13, have run.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
There are just some things you don't buy in the gun world.

A US Made AK not from a custom/master AK builder is one of them. And they will be using a kit from an actual AK country.

A US Made AK from a company who puts out some of the cheapest parts and guns, doesn't help.

Us manufactures cannot invest in the proper plant and tooling to make quality AK's, its not economicaly feasible. The soviet union already paid for millions of tooling in the combloc countries many decades ago.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I think the fact that they responded to your issue and gave you a procedure to make it right is fair enough. You just didn’t get the response you wanted out the gate.There are many, many, companies out there that don’t even have functioning email addresses and conduct business. Just get over it.

I own 2 arsenals, 1 PSA, and 2 jra AKs. I
Make my own ak’s also. Parts be breaking all the time bro. It’s an AK. They are historically cobbled together from shit steel and garbage wood. That’s what makes them awesome. Here’s my PSA. And it runs like a type writer.

6535313C-E88F-40C6-AD01-8D2D704582E6.jpeg

I was actually rather amazed the amount of american workers they employ and just how busy they are in this video i did about a year ago... and this video was before covid hit.... they are exponentially more busy now.

There are just some things you don't buy in the gun world.

A US Made AK not from a custom/master AK builder is one of them. And they will be using a kit from an actual AK country.

A US Made AK from a company who puts out some of the cheapest parts and guns, doesn't help.

Us manufactures cannot invest in the proper plant and tooling to make quality AK's, its not economicaly feasible. The soviet union already paid for millions of tooling in the combloc countries many decades ago.

You really should watch the video posted above.

You really should watch the video posted above.
Oh sorry a paid for/fluff piece doesn't move my give a fuck meter at all.

IF you understood how AKs are made, and the types of tooling and machinery required to produce quality in volume, you would understand this.

The market for AK's does not exist to support new procurement of proper tooling. It is not economically viable, with that tooling already existing in over a dozen places in the rest of the world who can produce a fully functioning quality AK for under $50 (some much lower).

This is the difference between gun people and people who think they are gun people.

Oh sorry a paid for/fluff piece doesn't move my give a fuck meter at all.

IF you understood how AKs are made, and the types of tooling and machinery required to produce quality in volume, you would understand this.

The market for AK's does not exist to support new procurement of proper tooling. It is not economically viable, with that tooling already existing in over a dozen places in the rest of the world who can produce a fully functioning quality AK for under $50 (some much lower).

This is the difference between gun people and people who think they are gun people.

So you haven't watched the video.

Hey everybody, we got us a badass over here. He's a "gun person".🤠

JFC, "Iron Block" AKs are stamped sheet metal, wound wire springs, and a shitty barrel.

So you haven't watched the video.

Hey everybody, we got us a badass over here. He's a "gun person".🤠
A jerk off piece from another youtuber who thinks they know what they are talking about.

Like I said, you lack understanding on HOW and WHY a proper AK is a made. You think watching youtube makes you qualified to comment.

L O L. Poverty guns for low IQ "gun people". The good thing is ignorance is bliss.

I love my ak but i always thought they were built with hammers and chisels.

Quoted for posterity.

I'm more addressing your
And if you had any actual knowledge of the subject you would realize that AK's are not made on modern CNC's. They require massive Forging and stamping plants to do it right. It starts with hammer forging the barrel and making the trunion. To replicate this would cost millions. There is no market to support an investment of that size, that can only be used to make that product. This is why its not economically viable. If you need to know what that means, take economics when you reach the 10th grade.

US massed produced AK's and barrels have been tried numerous times and they always fail for the same reason. Lack of the right machinery, lack of the right labor/knowledge. They try to make them with modern CNC and have to alter the design because they cannot be made the correct way and stay economically viable. Guns like PSA are typically not run hard and even then you see issues popping up.

AK production was proven over 60 years ago how to do it correctly, and end up with a reliable and durable gun.

If you understood this, you would not be putting your foot in your mouth. Now go back to the kiddie table and get your mac and cheese.

And if you had any actual knowledge of the subject you would realize that AK's are not made on modern CNC's. They require massive Forging and stamping plants to do it right. It starts with hammer forging the barrel and making the trunion.

You missed this part.
JFC, "Iron Block" AKs are stamped sheet metal, wound wire springs, and a shitty barrel.

That mac and cheese you're hearing is me and everyone else fucking your mom.

• Love
On a related note. My SGL21 is commanding a very high price lately.
Yea I picked up another -21 a few months before the Russia ban. They are great guns and will only go up in value over time.

I remember when you could buy saigas for $300 all day, which is the base of the Arsenal conversions/SGL builds. Should have bought a truckload of them to stash.

The other really good deal is/was the Yugo M92. Since they are imported as pistols they can come in with the proper magazine well/ double feed bolt. The sights suck but there is a rail. Throw a brace and a CNC-warrior 4 piece bulg krink brake and they are awesome little fireball machines.

Every AK that is imported as a rifle has to be converted, which is always second class to guns coming from the factory built the right way.

One of the reasons century guns blow (with the exception of guns they import but don't touch like the M92) and Arsenal rocks. That conversion is critical to an AK functioning correctly.

You didn't watch the video either.
wouldn't matter, I gave up on them after too many issues. What I find amazing is that people try and dismiss known qc issues simply due to buyer's affirmation. I always give companies the benefit of the doubt as issues arise with everyone but here, ar15.com, m4carbine, and a myriad of other forums all support the continued issued of poor qc

to each their own, I support the continued buying of all gun parts regardless!

And if you had any actual knowledge of the subject you would realize that AK's are not made on modern CNC's. They require massive Forging and stamping plants to do it right. It starts with hammer forging the barrel and making the trunion. To replicate this would cost millions. There is no market to support an investment of that size, that can only be used to make that product. This is why its not economically viable. If you need to know what that means, take economics when you reach the 10th grade.

Uh-huh...

Green mountain AK barrels have been considered garbage since I can remember going back to the early 00's.

Foreign Built AK barrels have always been more desirable and in demand.

The Barrel import ban really fucked us. Back then, you would usually get the intact barrel in a de milled parts kit. Hell some manufactures would make a whole gun and demill it brand new just to be able to sell to the US market. Those were the days. If you can find an AK kit with an intact barrel, they sell for a massive premium. Why do you think that is?

We also can't get the millions of M16A1 and A2 barrels out there and its why the latest m16 parts kits coming in are all barrel-less. Try finding a quality new M16A1 barrel.........they don't exist. USGI takeoffs are currently going for $700-$1000, for a barrel.

Now things may have changed due to it being almost impossible to get a foreign barrel and people using what they can get, along with kits drying up/getting expensive.

A real AK barrel is hammer forged.