• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA JAKL

oldfatguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Huntsville, AL, USA
Bit of a disappointment when COVID derailed the PSA JAKL development. Anyone have any idea when they might finally be released?

OFG

PSA still says some time this year as per their forum.

FWIW... lots of stalled products and availability issues from Covid and wild demand have been frustrating to me as well.... still looking every day for the LtWt PRS stock, still looking for match quality barrels ... etc.

I am interested in the JAKL as well but for what its worth, there really is not much difference between modernized AR18's. Its pretty cool that Stoner designs are more relevant than ever 60 years later.

As something different I was considering the MCX and APC from B&T, but think that I am going to get a BRN-180 upper to mess around with. Looks like an incredibly fun little blaster.

Also something thats pretty cool is that in the past, people would considering an AK or SKS as a cheap blaster, but now, its more economical to do a really good modern AR18 than a domestic AK

• Haha
Reactions: Almost_Jack_Burton
I am interested in the JAKL as well but for what its worth, there really is not much difference between modernized AR18's. Its pretty cool that Stoner designs are more relevant than ever 60 years later.

As something different I was considering the MCX and APC from B&T, but think that I am going to get a BRN-180 upper to mess around with. Looks like an incredibly fun little blaster.

Also something thats pretty cool is that in the past, people would considering an AK or SKS as a cheap blaster, but now, its more economical to do a really good modern AR18 than a domestic AK
Bought a BRN-180 upper in 300 BLK to shoot 220 grain subs suppressed. Never would get more then 4 shots before fail to feed, fire or extract. Per vendors instruction tried 11 different mags from 4 different manufacturers. No improvement so returned for refund. Maybe the bugs have been worked out or I just had one built on Friday…..afternoon.

OFG

Bought a BRN-180 upper in 300 BLK to shoot 220 grain subs suppressed. Never would get more then 4 shots before fail to feed, fire or extract. Per vendors instruction tried 11 different mags from 4 different manufacturers. No improvement so returned for refund. Maybe the bugs have been worked out or I just had one built on Friday…..afternoon.

OFG

That's unfortunate. Hopefully they get it sorted out eventually. how long ago did you have one?

Question, when you could get a round off, how did it compare in recoil vs a standard AR15?

It they sort out the bugs, it could be a fun little plinker.

That's unfortunate. Hopefully they get it sorted out eventually. how long ago did you have one?

Question, when you could get a round off, how did it compare in recoil vs a standard AR15?

It they sort out the bugs, it could be a fun little plinker.
Had it about 2 1/2 years ago, gen 2. Recoil about same as 300 BLK from my 8.5” DI upper on a SBR lower (same lower that runs the DI 100%. Not willing to burn thru another 100 rounds of Unicorn teeth to try another. Have read many glowing reviews, but mine was not.

OFG

I’ve been waiting on this rifle for 20 months now as a viable short truck rifle.
Got tired of waiting and went with a DT MDRx instead.
Still want the Jakl, but PSA has a long history of promising a product and never delivering, so I’m not holding my breath.

Last edited:
I’ve been waiting on this rifle for 20 months now as a viable short truck rifle.
Got tired of waiting and went with a DT MDRx instead.
Still want the Jakl, but PSA has a long history of promising a product and never delivering, so I’m. It holding my breath.

I think that overall PSA is doing some good work so even though I shoot higher end stuff, I can appreciate what they are doing. I sort of want to pick up one of their pistol krinks