• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA M110 clonish rifle

ut755ln

Rub some dirt on it
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Houston Texas
Mac at the Military Arms Channel reviews the PSA M110

For those of you who do not want to watch the video, Palmetto State Armory is selling an M110 clonish rifle in either .308 or 6.5 CM. He reviews the 6.5 CM. He tried multiples of ammo and all of them shot sub moa. The best group was .23 moa. That bottom left group in the picture is awesome and made me laugh.
PSA M110.jpg
The rifle sort of looks like the M110. The rail resembles the KAC rail. PSA went with a more practical muzzle device so no can that chokes all the way down to the gas block. Speaking of the gas block, it is adjustable from the factory so you can tune it to your ammo and suppressor of choice. Looks like it is around $1,400 on the PSA web site.

.23 moa.jpg

But but but.....
I keep reading that PSA is moment of barn side?

I dig it, I love earth tones but people calling that an M110 clone is like saying a Remington 5R Milspec is an M24 clone. Let's call it what it is, a tan entry level precision AR-10 with a quad rail.
I agree. It isnt a clone at all, but it is trying to emulate the look from like 10 feet away. All the parts have the basic shape to them.

not sure if people have noticed, that their forged series has the round DPMS-style upper receiver cut, whereas their billet series has the slant, KAC-style receiver cut. both available in FDE.

would've been nice if the slant-cut was also forged receivers.

and then there's the whole question of the rail height, i.e. DPMS-high, DPMS-low, PSA-proprietary, (e) none of the above. I don't know what rail height the KAC SR-25 uses, can't even afford to ask that question ("if you have to ask, you can't afford it").

Last edited:
Mac at the Military Arms Channel reviews the PSA M110

For those of you who do not want to watch the video, Palmetto State Armory is selling an M110 clonish rifle in either .308 or 6.5 CM. He reviews the 6.5 CM. He tried multiples of ammo and all of them shot sub moa. The best group was .23 moa. That bottom left group in the picture is awesome and made me laugh.View attachment 8220270The rifle sort of looks like the M110. The rail resembles the KAC rail. PSA went with a more practical muzzle device so no can that chokes all the way down to the gas block. Speaking of the gas block, it is adjustable from the factory so you can tune it to your ammo and suppressor of choice. Looks like it is around $1,400 on the PSA web site.

View attachment 8220267
mac sucks and funny that he's the only one. most of the reviews I've seen are less than stellar, pretty poor actually. It's so bad for psa that like arfcom, they've now go someone perusing reddit to handle online complaints

hot garbage, stay away

not sure if people have noticed, that their forged series has the round DPMS-style upper receiver cut, whereas their billet series has the slant, KAC-style receiver cut. both available in FDE.

and then there's the whole question of the rail height, i.e. DPMS-high, DPMS-low, PSA-proprietary, (e) none of the above. I don't know what rail height the KAC SR-25 uses, can't even afford to ask that question ("if you have to ask, you can't afford it").
That’s initially how I ran into the Sabre line. I was looking for a slant cut receiver set to build a mock M110 with and found the PSA. I’m pretty stoked.

I figure worst case scenario, I salvage the action and build it out with higher quality components.

Reactions: P47rr and rpoL98
Texas Plinking had multitude of issues with his, mainly gassing. I'm eager to see Curry's video. However if i could slap a my MWS upper on a PSA lower, I'll be doing that much sooner than saving up for a Mars H, hell might do it just to see if it works, evidentially they don't make billet lowers.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCP
Texas Plinking had multitude of issues with his, mainly gassing. I'm eager to see Curry's video. However if i could slap a my MWS upper on a PSA lower, I'll be doing that much sooner than saving up for a Mars H, hell might do it just to see if it works.

Yeah, I just watched his video today. It seems like the issues may be within the shitty mags they included. Another video was talking about an issue with the mags causing failures to feed and bolt problems. He did a 1000 round review and seemed to have an overall positive view of the rifle.

Honestly though, wouldn’t be surprised if it was improperly gassed. I’ll take mine out probably on Monday and run it through it’s paces to see if I have a similar set of issues.

Here’s the other video I found:

Last edited:
Texas Plinking had multitude of issues with his, mainly gassing. I'm eager to see Curry's video. However if i could slap a my MWS upper on a PSA lower, I'll be doing that much sooner than saving up for a Mars H, hell might do it just to see if it works, evidentially they don't make billet lowers.

It sounds like he's running the gun dry lube wise.

Reactions: bfoosh006
I wonder if the the SABRE line is a homage to Sabre Defense (maybe they bought the name)

At one time, they were one of the top 3 AR's you could buy. KAC, Sabre and Noveskee.

Sabre had military contracts, they made the 50 cal barrels among other things. Well that is until they decided to try and smuggle machine guns and suppressors and got caught. Bunch of fucking idiots had DOD contracts stacked up and pissed it all away.

Its a shame because it was one of the best AR's i ever owned. Their chrome lined barrels were among the best. I sold it during sandy hook crisis to some dumb fed cop for like 4 times what I paid, and turned it into 2 KAC SR15's, so all in all not a bad deal at all.

I bought a stag 10 marksman in fde. For all intensive purposes it’s the same thing. It’s a dpms pattern gun with the kac slant cut. Gassed right on the money. Plenty accurate. Pretty cheap. Just had a mlok Handguard vs the quad rail but fits the bill for me. Fit and finish is surprising good

Just picked it up today from the shop before work. This thing is sick! The weight is incredible. Very well balanced. The cerekote is an excellent color and I’m super impressed.

The action seems smooth aside from the standard factory “grease” but I will be deep cleaning and properly lubing it prior to function testing on Monday.

The mags seem significantly lower quality than my Dura Mags, so we shall see how they run and function. I’ll post up some pics tomorrow morning.

I’ll be mounting a scope on it and stretching it’s legs out on Monday as well. The magpul bipod is an interesting choice and should probably just have been left out of the package to make it cheaper.

All in all, thoroughly impressed on the initial presentation. 👍🏼

Reactions: rpoL98
Just picked it up today from the shop before work. This thing is sick! The weight is incredible. Very well balanced. The cerekote is an excellent color and I’m super impressed.

The action seems smooth aside from the standard factory “grease” but I will be deep cleaning and properly lubing it prior to function testing on Monday.

The mags seem significantly lower quality than my Dura Mags, so we shall see how they run and function. I’ll post up some pics tomorrow morning.

I’ll be mounting a scope on it and stretching it’s legs out on Monday as well. The magpul bipod is an interesting choice and should probably just have been left out of the package to make it cheaper.

All in all, thoroughly impressed on the initial presentation. 👍🏼
What kind of mags came with it?

What kind of mags came with it?
It comes with 3 PSA “Sabre” branded mags. I couldn’t tell who the manufacturer is, possibly PSA, possibly a 3rd party. They are cerekoted FDE to match the rifle which is nice and have a fugly lime green follower. I’ll post up pics of them in the morning.

Reactions: MadDuner
Hard chrome carrier, which have been scarce lately, I hope they will offer those separately.
I would be interested in some technical dimensions/specs, if anyone who gets one was willing. There is some discrepancy on their fixed stock action/recoil specs, but any info on the buffer lengths and weights would be great, no matter which stock or RE. Also interested in some bolt details, among other things. The diameter of the bolt's firing pin hole and the diameter of the firing pin tip measured 0.050" from the end would help, and maybe a pic of the ejector(s) (i.e. flat topped or rounded).
TIA

Hard chrome carrier, which have been scarce lately, I hope they will offer those separately.
I would be interested in some technical dimensions/specs, if anyone who gets one was willing. There is some discrepancy on their fixed stock action/recoil specs, but any info on the buffer lengths and weights would be great, no matter which stock or RE. Also interested in some bolt details, among other things. The diameter of the bolt's firing pin hole and the diameter of the firing pin tip measured 0.050" from the end would help, and maybe a pic of the ejector(s) (i.e. flat topped or round).
TIA
I’ll break it down and get you measurements and detailed pics tomorrow hopefully.

I hope they change their stance on selling the uppers separately as well. They are currently holding off worried that people will have issues running them on other lowers, but I just want a 6.5 upper to sway between. Lol.

Reactions: msgriff
I’ll break it down and get you measurements and detailed pics tomorrow hopefully.

I hope they change their stance on selling the uppers separately as well. They are currently holding off worried that people will have issues running them on other lowers, but I just want a 6.5 upper to sway between. Lol.
Thanks!

Interesting. His is rocking a forward assist. Just double checked mine and there is no assist present. I’m wondering if he’s working with an earlier variant?

After watching Cody’s video. It’s pretty much trash.

Why can’t they get this shit right. Do they sell enough of the junk at cheap prices that it affords them to have lack luster QC? That’s what i don’t understand.

It comes with 3 PSA “Sabre” branded mags. I couldn’t tell who the manufacturer is, possibly PSA, possibly a 3rd party. They are cerekoted FDE to match the rifle which is nice and have a fugly lime green follower. I’ll post up pics of them in the morning.
Psa doesn't make mags
Most likely D&H if they are metal 20s like the kacs

If you can put an LMT upper on their lower that's pretty fucking cool, especially since the compete lowers are what 300 bucks on sale?
So they don’t make a billet lower for sale at the moment. Which has the kac cut.

As promised here a few thirst shots of the rifle during the short amount of time I had to play around with it before work today:

IMG_7414.jpeg

IMG_7415.jpeg

The length of pull is hella short, I had to mount my optic way forward to make it work. I’ll be working on a solution to that issue in the next week or so.

As promised, I’ll get some measurements and a function test done tomorrow.

After watching Cody’s video. It’s pretty much trash.

Why can’t they get this shit right. Do they sell enough of the junk at cheap prices that it affords them to have lack luster QC? That’s what i don’t understand.
I wonder if there is a function difference between the billet and forged models. It’s insane that he bent a firing pin on that rifle. Lol. It seems like MAC had a pretty awesome one, so we shall see where on the spectrum mine lies tomorrow.

Reactions: jetmd
As promised here a few thirst shots of the rifle during the short amount of time I had to play around with it before work today:

View attachment 8224505
View attachment 8224506

The length of pull is hella short, I had to mount my optic way forward to make it work. I’ll be working on a solution to that issue in the next week or so.

As promised, I’ll get some measurements and a function test done tomorrow.

I wonder if there is a function difference between the billet and forged models. It’s insane that he bent a firing pin on that rifle. Lol. It seems like MAC had a pretty awesome one, so we shall see where on the spectrum mine lies tomorrow.
It’s a good looking rifle no doubt. But the fact that two samples had vastly different issues is what worries me. Granted Texas could’ve been the mags. I’m not a PSA fan but would like them to far exceed everyone’s expectations because it’s good for all of us. Now in almost every aspect. AR both large and small frame, Aks, scar (jakyl), and ammo.

Reactions: Screach
It’s a good looking rifle no doubt. But the fact that two samples had vastly different issues is what worries me. Granted Texas could’ve been the mags. I’m not a PSA fan but would like them to far exceed everyone’s expectations because it’s good for all of us. Now in almost every aspect. AR both large and small frame, Aks, scar (jakyl), and ammo.
I’m right there with you. A $1.5k paperweight doesn’t really have a place in my collection regardless of how nice it looks.

When it comes to PSA I am far from a fanboy and until now have steered clear from their stuff. I am however hopeful that this one might be, or at least develop into, a solid offering for those who don’t have the coin to drop on a KAC.

Budget or high-end, if it doesn’t function well it’s not worth owning.

I’ll run mine through the ringer and see if we can’t help weed out some issues with this platform to make Gen2 a winner 😏

Reactions: jetmd
kinda curious if the lower receiver, the buffer tube mount upright, has those bolt carrier clearance cuts that PSA does. for either the slant-cut, or the round DPMS cut. a PSA unique thing, I think.

Hg1UHm9.png